Let's Debunk a Bad Argument - Jumps vs. Consumables

fuck off. you dumb fuckers bitching about pots have every add on in the game. What's the fun? you know when every trinket is used along with cds but pots are bad. you all need to wake the fuck up and just play the game. I will pop a pot on a druid every time i play a rogue. You pleb noobs are clueless. I have played at least 1000 pugs in legion horde and alliance and yet you all hide in " wargames " or you premade with 3+ OP hunters like hotpirate. I rarely see any of you in bgs.

STFU already and get in the gulch.

You're literally missing the entire point. I don't give a fuck about your consumable usage. Just don't go around using them and call yourself a competitive player, or think you're good when you achieved x y z play because of them. So when you call other people "clueless noobs", but have the need to pop a consumable, then do you see yourself as some sort of superior player, or? You do not need to pop a speed pot vs a druid to be an effective rogue.

And as for playing, you must be rather new, or not playing EU? I have queued tons of games in Legion, and only started playing less towards the end of Legion, because Legion is just not that enjoyable compared to a lot of other things these days. That and working 8+ hours a day.

You're literally missing the entire point. I don't give a fuck about your consumable usage. Just don't go around using them and call yourself a competitive player, or think you're good when you achieved x y z play because of them. So when you call other people "clueless noobs", but have the need to pop a consumable, then do you see yourself as some sort of superior player, or? You do not need to pop a speed pot vs a druid to be an effective rogue.

And as for playing, you must be rather new, or not playing EU? I have queued tons of games in Legion, and only started playing less towards the end of Legion, because Legion is just not that enjoyable compared to a lot of other things these days. That and working 8+ hours a day.

Wasn’t directed at you. Just the sum of these posts. I Don’t play EU. I think you should prove a point. Let me see you stream with zero add ons, no pots or consumables and buffs and chase a great FC druid that uses travel form, sprint, and pots. I will use everything in my tool bag to win. Merica
[doublepost=1524500557,1524500447][/doublepost]
Wasn’t directed at you. Just the sum of these posts. I Don’t play EU. I think you should prove a point. Let me see you stream with zero add ons, no pots or consumables and buffs and chase a great FC druid that uses travel form, sprint, and pots. I will use everything in my tool bag to win. Merica
Played since vanilla off and on. Not a pro but have played twink of all Levels. I don’t look for recongnition just like to log in a play toons that don’t need grinding gear every patch. Have a Good day! I pug 90% of the time. So my point of view is different than people who premade. I do love premade groups with Bambam - rexxar

Last edited:
The problem isn't consumables per say, it's the fact that people boast about their competitive capabilities, and then chug a speed pot to compensate for poor positioning and or bad decision making. It's this "blurred line" that now seems to be completely transparent between certain individuals.

And comparing abilities to consumables is just miles off being a relevant argument.

It is not as far off as you seem to suggest. We as a community have outlawed certain abilities in competitive play in the past, such as aimed shot at 29.

My problem with this whole argument are the people who sit in pugs and make excuses for their losses due to their opponents speed potting or using gliders. You mention people using these consumables to make up for bad play or to gain an advantage, but that does not need to be the case. Speed pots are only an advantage when no one else but you have them. If I am 1v1ing a druid, and he uses dash/speed pot, and I speed pot, his potion is no longer an advantage.

There are two ways to even the playing field when we are talking about, say, speed pots. You either prevent your opponents from using them, or use them yourself. Which one seems easier to do?

It is not as far off as you seem to suggest. We as a community have outlawed certain abilities in competitive play in the past, such as aimed shot at 29.

My problem with this whole argument are the people who sit in pugs and make excuses for their losses due to their opponents speed potting or using gliders. You mention people using these consumables to make up for bad play or to gain an advantage, but that does not need to be the case. Speed pots are only an advantage when no one else but you have them. If I am 1v1ing a druid, and he uses dash/speed pot, and I speed pot, his potion is no longer an advantage.

There are two ways to even the playing field when we are talking about, say, speed pots. You either prevent your opponents from using them, or use them yourself. Which one seems easier to do?

Consumables aren't linear in effect like that. Some classes benefit more heavily from them than others. Classes that aren't meant to have high mobility at a lower level suddenly has it (Swiftness potion & Goblin glider), classes that aren't supposed to have a lot of self-sustain suddenly has an instant 50% heal (Third wind potion), classes who has their damage toned down suddenly has 30% more + haste (Saltwater potion + Drums of fury), int classes who are supposed to be at a certain point suddenly run around with 60 extra etc. Consumables takes away individual class balance because they aren't taken into account in that essence. It's really that simple. Now, as I stated earlier, I don't care if you use them (although 60 int buff specifically is pretty douchy), just don't think for a second that the plays you make using them contributes towards you being a highly skilled individual - THAT. IS. THE. MESSAGE.

Consumables are simply part of twinking. Have been since the very beginning. At least for people that want fully maxed out stats. I just happen to be a min/max type of person.

“Skill” is not anything special my friends. It is merely a learned trait. Most often learned from doing repetitive tasks. ie: if one practices enough at something they learn that “skill”.

/cheers
[doublepost=1524507620,1524507349][/doublepost]
Consumables aren't linear in effect like that. Some classes benefit more heavily from them than others. Classes that aren't meant to have high mobility at a lower level suddenly has it (Swiftness potion & Goblin glider), classes that aren't supposed to have a lot of self-sustain suddenly has an instant 50% heal (Third wind potion), classes who has their damage toned down suddenly has 30% more + haste (Saltwater potion + Drums of fury), int classes who are supposed to be at a certain point suddenly run around with 60 extra etc. Consumables takes away individual class balance because they aren't taken into account in that essence. It's really that simple. Now, as I stated earlier, I don't care if you use them (although 60 int buff specifically is pretty douchy), just don't think for a second that the plays you make using them contributes towards you being a highly skilled individual - THAT. IS. THE. MESSAGE.

That is what twinking is about my friend. Lowbies doing what they shouldn’t be able to do.

/cheers

Users who are viewing this thread