Let us take a moment to appreciate the current status of the bracket

My heart bleeds not for myself, but for all of those around us.

:FrogeTorch:
You know, as they would say
> It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.
:YEP:

We can agree to disagree on which BGs require the most skill, no need to get condescending :slight_smile:

I've only begun my adventure in 20s in general in BFA, and I must say that SL made a sizable difference both quality wise and fun wise.

1.We obviously get a lot more choice in both PvP and PvE scenarios. Toolkits of each class and specs are more polished than ever, and are deeper than in BFA, although not to the overwhelming point. We can do a lot more Dungeons and outworld content than before. As well as more battleground options.

2.The gearing process, although arguably longer, does no longer feel "bs" due to the focus shifting away from crate gear and quest epics to socketed gear. Not to mention that with the addition of relics of the past, we can use a lot more profession gear, even if some items might stand out a bit from each other.

3.The community is very supportive and (imo) more lively than in BFA, due to the addition of all the content that could be motivating to do.

Now, it's not been yet 2 full years since I made my XPOFF account, but hopefully it is off to more successful years :PeepoGlad:

The perspective of a newcomer, mostly interested in a juxtaposition of pvp at level 20 and level 60:

The level 20 bracket is interesting and varied. The balance is trash, but no more trash than on 60. Playing is significantly easier than on 60. The gearing is vastly better than on 60, which is a huge pro, this allows you to try different specs. There is a con in that epic bgs are bs (queues are too long and the scaling is bonkers, you are disfavored). There is grandfathered gear and whatnot which you cannot get, that's the main difference from 60. This is both a pro and a con and mostly just something you have to accept -- initially you are at a disadvantage, over time this might change and you might get an advantage. Queue times are about the same as on 60. There are no mercenaries, but they aren't really needed, as you have more of an effect on the outcome of a bg than on 60.

If Blizzard fix PVP gear on level 60 by making it WoD-style, I will likely pvp on both 20 and 60, and if they continue making good changes I might be moving towards 60. Otherwise I'll play mostly on 20, it's fun enough.

I think the existence of guys like glance is the best part of this bracket.

Not for a long time has there been the opportunity for meme specs and outrageous gear builds in wow.

now we see almost regularly, 2 handed hybrid dps h pals, speed and leech tert builds, people that ditch the professions meta for hipster JC or alch trinkets, insane Stam stacking, pvp talents, mastery builds

I think the best part of this xpac is the freedom to gear and talent how you want, with a much less strict BIS setup (adapt BG crates from BFA)

Glance may be the worst paladin you’ve ever heard of.... but you have heard of him.

As someone who played a lot during the original glory days of free-to-play twinking, yeah a lot of the changes are pretty great.

It's a very different feel than before and I do miss the days of Aerie Peak comraderie and the development of the F2Paddon etc.

But having access to so much PVE content that I haven't played (didnt play Legion or BFA paid) and access to more BGs is just amazing.

I can que for my favorite dungeons and do some casual pvp all without paying gametime? im in. Since wod and onwards I have been making twinks and just screwing around on them with no real interest in max level gameplay so for me this is a great time. I have everything I want without paying for gametime, the only way I can see myself putting money on an account now is to make a 39 twink.

As for class balance in bgs? it is what it is. I played sub at lvl 60 in legion when your finishers did less damage then gloomblade so its not like I am not use to adversity. Maybe nerf bumblebee staff...even with an ilvl 34 art weapon surv would be strong. I know I am probably in the minority here but I would like the wod system of gear scalling, like we enter the bg and not only are we bumped up to 19,29,39 etc but the gear we have on is bumped to ilvl 34 ( 29 blues are 34) I would accept the nerf on my gf'd weapons just to keep my secondaries.

The general issue with xpoff is the answers to simple questions...

"How old are you?"
"DUUUUH I like bananas!"
"The fuck, wut?

On that note:
Bracket is pretty good, I don't think that it is much better than any other expansion... you just have to spend more money to gear a vet... not really a plus. Outside of a few minor gear choices, your gear is pretty much picked for you, unless you don't care about the right stats/etc. Outside of Druids getting butt pumped... not much is different than the last expansion.

Last edited:
Yeah actually on the point of contributing to this thread...

This is the first time I've played a twink since wrath and that was a ton of fun.
Balance is (and will always be) an issue with twinking but I've always thought of twinking as something to not take too seriously.
Although I do find that min/maxing is something that I've enjoyed even though it might not really matter a whole lot at this bracket.
I've had a blast since starting a couple months ago and I've really only got 1 geared toon and a mediocre one at that. I wonder what it'll be like once I gear out a more powerful class/spec?
:PeepoGlad:

Users who are viewing this thread