US jamesb needs to chill

Recluse

Grandfathered
Blizz DDoS.png

I don't know the extent of work that would go into making strong anti-ddos software, but I really find it unacceptable that Blizzard doesn't have it yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's all in good fun. That's not the vague intent of the thread

I don't know the extent of work that would go into making strong anti-ddos software, but I really find it unacceptable that Blizzard doesn't have it yet.

It is pretty much impossible to be 100% safe. Idk if I'm outdated on this one, but usually major corporations buy security in form of a wall, so that when a huge amount of traffic is happening, the wall kicks in and acts as a barrier. The thing is though, that there are some methods to DDOS'ing that is just unavoidable. I.e amplified DDOS, which uses the DateTime object in windows, which for some fucking reason sends 600 times the traffic of a normal ping. This has been a bug in windows forever, but has only really been surfacing for the last 3 or 4 years. Now imagine a botnet doing this. It literally doesn't matter what you have, nothing can stop it. Unless Microsoft just fixes their shit so that this isn't a thing. But even so, botnets are pretty much limitless depending on size. Then add more than one culprit who also owns a sizable botnet, like, it's just insane.

So yeah, it's all about the people that are behind the attacks and their means. Sadly, it's easier to obtain a powerful attack, than it is to obtain a powerful defense.

James hasn't even changed his ip since the great MoP harvest of 29s

xoxoxoxo

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread