It's been a while...

I have much more time on my hands, with the new job, so I'm seriously considering playing WoW again. Over the past few days I've been trying to understand what the fuck happened- new BG's, new level brackets, new BiS items, stats, spells, abilities, talents... the list of changes seems infinite.

I have not bought a time card as of yet, so I don't know how my twinks (and ex twinks, as I leveled a couple of them back in 3.3) are looking. My guess is because I was lacking in heirloom items they're near useless as twinks. If I do play, I may be twinking again in the future, but I am more interested in leveling one of my old toons to 85, with a lot of PvP in mind.

Knowing what you know, playing in Cataclysm, which of my old characters would be best (without me farming a lot more items as they are all dated twinks now) for experience PvP leveling? I had 4 viable toons I'm considering.

A 19 mage, now level 23, with an (fire) SP set and a CC set.

A 19 priest, with a lot of gear, but a complete dispel/offensive set.

A 39 shaman, with an almost complete enhancement and spellhance set.

A 39 arms warrior.

I did manage to get 2 BoA items before I quit WoW over 10 months ago, caster shoulders (with the mage and priest in mind) and chest for the shaman. Keep that in mind.

I know this is a rather open-ended question, but can anyone help me with any advice?

I'd go with the priest. It won't be hard to gear. It's a populated bracket with lots of playing. And priests are damn good.

Opinion said:
I'd go with the priest. It won't be hard to gear. It's a populated bracket with lots of playing. And priests are damn good.

Thanks for the feedback.

Really...what spec are you referring too? Is shadow strong?

Careful! Because Blizz changed world map you can get exploration xp in places you've already discovered, like SW or Org. Blizz turned xp back on for some toons, too, supposedly. So, check out your toon a bit before moving around.

Sharper said:
Careful! Because Blizz changed world map you can get exploration xp in places you've already discovered, like SW or Org. Blizz turned xp back on for some toons, too, supposedly. So, check out your toon a bit before moving around.

Woah, thanks for the heads up, mate.

Disc is pro as fuck. They're getting some minor nerfs in 4.1 tomorrow but I don't anticipate them being any worse than Resto Shamans or even Resto Druids for that matter.

Holy gets a nice ass stun, Disc gets penance + better bubbles.

Opinion said:
Disc is pro as fuck. They're getting some minor nerfs in 4.1 tomorrow but I don't anticipate them being any worse than Resto Shamans or even Resto Druids for that matter.

You sure 4.1 tmrw?

Opinion said:

Disc is not the best spec since your heals do less than Holy and in clutch situations Holy may be better since you get the stun and a free heal. Only reason people say go Disc is since you can produce high PW:Shield. Ya my priest is disc right now for the lulz and i was able to get my shield to absorb around 700 damage in Spellpower gear.

Meh, I see more priests as Disc because the bubble is so clutch regardless.

I'm just going to be blunt, don't start playing WoW. It will be a letdown, and a complete waste of time. Better to find a new hobby, which for me is Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and Muay Thai.

Its good too see you back.

Toss me a PM when you see this.

- D

Users who are viewing this thread