Is Unholy viable at all?

There are very specific cases where the DK Unholy stands out, one of them being when farming or pulling large mobs in dungeons. The more enemies there are, the faster it eliminates them. Depending on the dungeon, it can be better or worse, speaking of DK in the present. As for PVP, it is very situational and varies depending on your statistics. You can gear up for full physical damage with versatility and critical or full pet and shadow damage with mastery statistic.

There are very specific cases where the DK Unholy stands out, one of them being when farming or pulling large mobs in dungeons. The more enemies there are, the faster it eliminates them. Depending on the dungeon, it can be better or worse, speaking of DK in the present. As for PVP, it is very situational and varies depending on your statistics. You can gear up for full physical damage with versatility and critical or full pet and shadow damage with mastery statistic.
How is it when soloing dungeons? Would blood be better?

How is it when soloing dungeons? Would blood be better?
When soloing dungeons, the first thing you need is equipment. Otherwise, you should start by gearing up through dungeon finder and, once you have an item level of at least 61, you can try soloing some dungeons as Blood. Currently, my DK is well-equipped, so I can enjoy soloing dungeons as either Unholy or Frost. However, as I mentioned earlier, it's possible to win against bosses and NPCs as a solo player, but on a scale of 1 to 10, it would be around a 6 for Unholy and a 2 or 3 for Blood when well-equipped

When soloing dungeons, the first thing you need is equipment. Otherwise, you should start by gearing up through dungeon finder and, once you have an item level of at least 61, you can try soloing some dungeons as Blood. Currently, my DK is well-equipped, so I can enjoy soloing dungeons as either Unholy or Frost. However, as I mentioned earlier, it's possible to win against bosses and NPCs as a solo player, but on a scale of 1 to 10, it would be around a 6 for Unholy and a 2 or 3 for Blood when well-equipped

Thanks. I think I'll give it a shot

Unholy dk pve is alright, dps is mid tier (around 250-360 at my ilvl 70). Burst is lacking, but i would say unholy can solo bosses better than frost.

This is because unholy also gets alot of its damage from pet/dark transformation, so even if you are spending runic power deathstriking something is still doing a fair amount of damage. You also benefit from using Runeblade of Rivendare since it's already optimized for 2H +health regen is nice.

No clue about it in pvp, i havent seen anyone run it and im too lazy to try

Unholy dk pve is alright, dps is mid tier (around 250-360 at my ilvl 70). Burst is lacking, but i would say unholy can solo bosses better than frost.

This is because unholy also gets alot of its damage from pet/dark transformation, so even if you are spending runic power deathstriking something is still doing a fair amount of damage. You also benefit from using Runeblade of Rivendare since it's already optimized for 2H +health regen is nice.

No clue about it in pvp, i havent seen anyone run it and im too lazy to try
Pretty sure the health regen doesn't apply to DK, and warr. Only pally but I could be wrong.

You do get a little bit of healing as DK and Warr.
Though it's around 10 HP per second soooo... Neat but nothing game breaking, don't expect it to do too much.
As Ret I believe it's 50-60 HPS. A much bigger deal for PVE compared to other plate users.
I may be mistaken but I believe it is because for Pally the heal scales with strenght and for Warr and DK it does with intellect meaning it doesn't scale.
The big thing is the sweet, sweet 23 speed rating (double Rivendare Fury goes brrr) and the 26 versa to a lesser extent, always good for melee classes.

Users who are viewing this thread