Is the WoW Transmog Economy Stagnant?

Tom Ganks

Besides mounts, crafting and endgame gear, I've noticed it's much harder to sell transmog and other collectable items on the AH compared to MoP when I first started paying for the game. Even if I'm selling significantly cheap compared to prices in MoP due to inflation.

My feeling is that the collection wardrobe has killed off most of the need for people to seek new transmogs. They collect a few sets and they're good to go depending on their standards. Half the time people (myself included) don't even realize we obtain a new transmog item (be it from a quest or dung/raid). But back before wardrobe, you pretty much set out for particular items and there was more of a chase. Now people are adamant on what they've obtained despite not even trying to collect anything.

Besides mounts, crafting and endgame gear, I've noticed it's much harder to sell transmog and other collectable items on the AH compared to MoP when I first started paying for the game. Even if I'm selling significantly cheap compared to prices in MoP due to inflation.

My feeling is that the collection wardrobe has killed off most of the need for people to seek new transmogs. They collect a few sets and they're good to go depending on their standards. Half the time people (myself included) don't even realize we obtain a new transmog item (be it from a quest or dung/raid). But back before wardrobe, you pretty much set out for particular items and there was more of a chase. Now people are adamant on what they've obtained despite not even trying to collect anything.

Eh, except for the very few rarest and best looking mogs, new stuff always sells better than old stuff. Shiny new toy syndrome, but also new stuff is objectively better textures, higher detail.

It is also well established that players focus more on collections in the content lulls and particularly at the end of the expac. This is the worst time to be selling transmog every expansion.

Lastly Blizz has put a major effort forward to curb inflation with the lack of real gold missions and huge sinks like brutosaur. Tokens have halved in price since a couple months ago which means gold is essentially twice as valuable as it was. Selling an item for 6k now is better than 10k before.

Thats a deflation not inflation.
Blizzard is clearly behind this and got the grip on wow tokens even if they say they don't.

Tmog never been a very fast and stable way to make gold in general unless you only selling few specific items.

Wow tokens.
The spreed of goldmaking information left and right.
Endgame professions being total shit this expansion.
No free gold from wq and orderhall missions.

This leaves you with hundreds of 10g whores willing to flood every market for 10g profit and potential buyers who don't have enough spare gold.

Users who are viewing this thread