Is it worth leveling?

Delailinda

Veteran
Hello,
Today I logged in for the first time since 2018 and my f2p 20 is squished to 10 now. I kind of want to level up and make it up to date with current 20s but I'm not sure if it's better to keep as is (GFd old 20). It was my main since glorious days of F2P on AP-us back in Cata and I still would like to play it as a 20. How do you feel about leveling old toons?

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/aerie-peak/delailinda

People have different takes on it.
My main 20 (Druid) I chose to level, since I do Rep/achievement-farms and other content, aswell as PvP on it.
It's been my main for 6+ years, so it made sense to progress with it.

On the other hand, I had a bunch of characters I chose to 'Grandfather.'
My monk for example, was probably one of my most geared twinks back then. And being able to log into it, years from now.. It'll probably be like walking through a museum :PepeComfy:

Keep some characters and leave some.
Welcome back to the bracket!

Reactions: Sil
I’d say u should level. If u had some GF’d gear I’d say start a new toon. But the gear u have is all obtainable.

I levelled up 2 of my scaled down 10’s. But it wasn’t an easy feeling - I was hesitant at first.

Though my Warrior I left at 10 for the GF’d Gear.

My view, go for it and level up and keep playing.

Yea, it depends on what you're looking for. A lot of folks (myself included) left some characters at 10 as sort of "museum" or "trophy" toons but also leveled others to 20. I'm of the opinion that, if you're playing a F2P, you might as well level to 20 unless your old toon is just incredible and you want to memorialize that. Otherwise, think of your 20 as going on a journey through the years and part of that journey is re-leveling.

Dont take this the wrong way, but you're druid is in pretty middling gear. A blue foamspittle and blue headdress are nothing worth writing home about, so I'd say if you had fun on that toon and what to continue having fun of that toon, level it to 20! Druids are a blast to play right now.

I'd say level it if it's a toon you plan on playing. I never got the point of a trophy toon you never log into or play. The character I play was first a 19 (with gf'd gear) that I then leveled to 20, then did the same again (with gf'd gear) to 20 with the squish and don't regret it at all.

museums are only fun if you can share it with others imo

Users who are viewing this thread