Is it possible to obtain Fire-Watcher's Oath on a 20?

Üro

Enhancement is in my DNA
So while I was going through my old twinks from MoP, I came across this Fire-Watcher's Oath that I had on my rogue, and was wondering if its still possible to get it on your level 20? Would love to have it on my other twinks lol.
Thanks in advance!

I do think it is possible to obtain the Bloody Coin by having Fire-Watcher's Oath because of the Korrak's Revenge. (You'll scale to level 60)
You have to kill people that are higher level than you (my guess would be level 30+ or 35+) - this is not Honorable Kills but KILLING BLOWS.

I do not know if there's a requirement for buying the Toy, if you're playing on a F2P account. Otherwise, you could just buy it on a higher level character.

NOTE: I haven't tested this personally, but I think it should be possible.

I do think it is possible to obtain the Bloody Coin by having Fire-Watcher's Oath because of the Korrak's Revenge. (You'll scale to level 60)
You have to kill people that are higher level than you (my guess would be level 30+ or 35+) - this is not Honorable Kills but KILLING BLOWS.

I do not know if there's a requirement for buying the Toy, if you're playing on a F2P account. Otherwise, you could just buy it on a higher level character.

NOTE: I haven't tested this personally, but I think it should be possible.
Not his question.

@OP, it's been a long time since I've done it myself, so I can't tell you for certain, but it's been an item that's come in and out of GFED status numerous times over the years as the ability to obtain it largely depends on whether or not you can obtain the coins at your level.

That said, the last time I remember hearing about it, it was grandfathered. Someone might be able to correct me though.

That said, the last time I remember hearing about it, it was grandfathered. Someone might be able to correct me though.

I think someone in my Guild talked about getting the Bloody Coins from Korrak's Revenge. I'll text them later and then I can answer both you and @Üro

I think someone in my Guild talked about getting the Bloody Coins from Korrak's Revenge. I'll text them later and then I can answer both you and @Üro
He's asking whether or not you can even get the item anymore. You've been able to get Bloody Coins for a long time.

To echo ohti, the item itself has come in and out of GFd status. I think somfas might have had a post earlier in SL stating how he was able to get it but right now I’m not sure.

as far as obtaining coins during korraks, maybe I’m not scoring killing blows. But with my fire watchers oath I have not gotten any coins across many many korraks.

I repurchased a new one after 9.1 patch which made the item usable on a lvl 20 again , so yes you can still get it.

Before the patch it was lvl 30 required to use the thing.

Bought it a few days ago, and was able to get Bloody Coins in Korrak's Revenge. A good way to buy the Fire-watcher's oath is to mine Ghost iron in timeless isle, it's easier than farming 30 mostly elite mobs.

I only got 25 coins or so in a few Korrak since non-60 are extremely weak in this anniversary BG (despite half the BG being levellers doing the quest for the badges).

I will try to see if I can use the item and then pop a shredder, would be a good way to get coins if it works, now I just need this damn BG to pop and the engi to turn in shredder quest again.

Last edited:
He's asking whether or not you can even get the item anymore. You've been able to get Bloody Coins for a long time.
I misunderstood the question, my bad.

I'm glad that others could answer his question instead!

So while I was going through my old twinks from MoP, I came across this Fire-Watcher's Oath that I had on my rogue, and was wondering if its still possible to get it on your level 20? Would love to have it on my other twinks lol.
Thanks in advance!
Yes, you can. Also you can use it on any epic BG to get Bloody Coins.
Timeless coins still drops from some elite-rares, such as https://www.wowhead.com/npc=73279/evermaw and https://www.wowhead.com/npc=72970/golganarr and maybe some more, but not from every rares on island.
Btw, you can buy https://www.wowhead.com/currency=752/mogu-rune-of-fate to try your luck on https://www.wowhead.com/npc=69161/oondasta, mount from it obtainable and usable for 20 lvl.

Last edited:
Fire-Watcher's Oath is indeed still obtainable, but has a level 30 Requirement. The easiest way to get it would probably be to Herb/Mine for the coins because the nests/eggs and other interactables on the island are level-restricted. HOWEVER, the version without the level requirement is GF'ed, and those that got the Watcher's Oath BEFORE the level-req patch can use it freely in the open-world/dungeons.

Thank you guys for the information! I indeed got it on all 3 new twinks within 3 minutes. I did bring my lvl 60 and stand close to a tree where there are alot of friendly npc’s, and there should be a crystal nearby, and if you click on the crystal, you can kill those npc’s with your lvl 60, getting close to 1000 coins in 1 minute! :D
[doublepost=1638032640,1638032590][/doublepost]
Fire-Watcher's Oath is indeed still obtainable, but has a level 30 Requirement. The easiest way to get it would probably be to Herb/Mine for the coins because the nests/eggs and other interactables on the island are level-restricted. HOWEVER, the version without the level requirement is GF'ed, and those that got the Watcher's Oath BEFORE the level-req patch can use it freely in the open-world/dungeons.
This is wrong. After 9.1.5 it seems that the level requirement has been removed! So its not GF’d anymore.

Thank you guys for the information! I indeed got it on all 3 new twinks within 3 minutes. I did bring my lvl 60 and stand close to a tree where there are alot of friendly npc’s, and there should be a crystal nearby, and if you click on the crystal, you can kill those npc’s with your lvl 60, getting close to 1000 coins in 1 minute! :D
[doublepost=1638032640,1638032590][/doublepost]
This is wrong. After 9.1.5 it seems that the level requirement has been removed! So its not GF’d anymore.

Ah, okay, good to know

Out of curiosity, how many motes of harmony on one character from that daily event?
It took me several evenings to get enough Spirit of Harmony to raise panda engi's last 5 or 10 points and I was always thinking if only I had a 60 to do this crystal sprites for me on timeless isle.

Out of curiosity, how many motes of harmony on one character from that daily event?
It took me several evenings to get enough Spirit of Harmony to raise panda engi's last 5 or 10 points and I was always thinking if only I had a 60 to do this crystal sprites for me on timeless isle.
Oh ehm.. Im not sure tbh.. I dont think I got any Spirit of Harmony o_O Will check it later if I got any!

For the mote of harmony part, easiest way to obtain them is to do the daily farm planting, in the valley of four winds, or farm the goats, same zone, or farm the sprites în the Kun-Lai Summit, the cave near One Keg flying Point (pretty well known area for farming even if they nerfed the spot a long time ago, also amazing spot for windcloth farming if you do tailoring/eng as well).

Users who are viewing this thread