Is it just poor luck or is every match extremely one-sided?

Vsanthos

Legend
Obviously because of gearing there's a skew towards alliance but that's not what I'm going to whine about.

It seems that when I get into a game that it's either the alliance absolutely destroying us or that we walk all over them and get an easy win. I have yet to see a game where there's a decent match-up.

Is this a common experience in this bracket or am I just having bad luck so far?

Vsanthos said:
Obviously because of gearing there's a skew towards alliance but that's not what I'm going to whine about.

It seems that when I get into a game that it's either the alliance absolutely destroying us or that we walk all over them and get an easy win. I have yet to see a game where there's a decent match-up.

Is this a common experience in this bracket or am I just having bad luck so far?

Hard to achieve balance in a bracket where when random 24s join the balance immediately swifts majorly...

On that note though - It seems alliance win 80% and horde wins the 20% when Spirestone enters BG. And I refuse to believe that a leather head piece is the reason for this, considering horde side consists of 5-7 hunters, and alliance side 5-7 hunters in like 50% of the BGs. Also, horde keeps claiming alliance gets better gear - IT'S ONE LEATHER HEAD AND A SHIELD. Horde gets better cloth items. So the difference ain't really that noticable... come on people...

Anyway, it would also help if that quadboxer would stop queueing into horde BGs and make them lose every damn BG he is in. Horrible player, horrible... :/

That's my 10 cents.

eye patch mentality, simliar to fishing hat mentality i.e. you would see someone with fishing hat and assume they were good.

Out of the 15 WSGs I played last night, Horde won them all. And we went up against 7 Hunters, and Allies with BiS, and 24s in BiS, etc. And we still won. We just played smarter. Hell, we 4 of the games we went 3 or 0 with flag caps. Just need to play smart and hope for a good group.

~Zuty

ally side has a dualboxer on their side that sometimes pops up. they run with a pally and hunter. their name is the same as an adult toy for men.

Vsanthos said:

Out of the games I've played so far, less than a dozen were evenly matched, the others all one-sided, mostly Alliance winning...

Horde has won almost every game I've played today, they've for the most part been decent games.

Except for one game where both sides had a 24 healer/tank duo holding the flags. That was annoying and ended up as 0/0.

for me, its been alliance winning 90% at the moment,, even with horde and their lv24's. had a fair few very close fought games though :)

and as Hathor mentioned, the EU queue times are very different between horde & ally, had waits of over 30 minutes this evening whilst 3-5 mins on Horde side

leipreachan said:
for me, its been alliance winning 90% at the moment,, even with horde and their lv24's. had a fair few very close fought games though :)

and as Hathor mentioned, the EU queue times are very different between horde & ally, had waits of over 30 minutes this evening whilst 3-5 mins on Horde side

Fenna roll a 20 hordie on your p2p account, they have hardly any f2p twinks. Or come to US and make a f2p twink, games here are way more enjoying ^^

-Partyman

leotseddap said:
Fenna roll a 20 hordie on your p2p account, they have hardly any f2p twinks. Or come to US and make a f2p twink, games here are way more enjoying ^^

-Partyman

i might just do that :) rolling on US is a problem though, my wireless isnt that great at the best of times has a tendency to spike at the most annoying times :D

x

lindenkron said:
Hard to achieve balance in a bracket where when random 24s join the balance immediately swifts majorly...

On that note though - It seems alliance win 80% and horde wins the 20% when Spirestone enters BG. And I refuse to believe that a leather head piece is the reason for this, considering horde side consists of 5-7 hunters, and alliance side 5-7 hunters in like 50% of the BGs. Also, horde keeps claiming alliance gets better gear - IT'S ONE LEATHER HEAD AND A SHIELD. Horde gets better cloth items. So the difference ain't really that noticable... come on people...

Anyway, it would also help if that quadboxer would stop queueing into horde BGs and make them lose every damn BG he is in. Horrible player, horrible... :/

That's my 10 cents.

it's more than just a leather head piece and a shield....btw eye patch is actually like having a BOA helm. horde having to get a 15 stam fishing hat doesn't compare. i noticed in 19's when i got my boa helm the difference in damage, extra 5 stam on fishing hat is trash

alliance has better

-ring.... elio's band helps the +hit and carries nicely on a 20, it's in a quest zone intended for 20's

-leather leggings (rogue/hunter/f-druid/e-sham)

-2H mace for ferals

-caster 1h mace

-two caster staves...one form BFD, one from stockade http://thottbot.com/item=65941 horde has nothing close has to settle for a drop or the 20 level class quest item

melee classes are gimped rolling horde. nothing like rolling a melee class and seeing MISS....MISS.....if you use following to gain hit on horde side, you end up being attack power and stamina short

simple pearl ring

hoggers pants

scrupleless bracers

gloves of unmitigated badassery

only one item actually is nice on horde side

Spaulders of the Hero - Item - World of Warcraft

Games EU side are almost always appalling. Alliance mostly dominate and many alliance have no interest in winning only endlessly farming honor by GY camping. Little wonder there are so few horde!

plobb said:
Games EU side are almost always appalling. Alliance mostly dominate and many alliance have no interest in winning only endlessly farming honor by GY camping. Little wonder there are so few horde!

unfortuantly, yes

although as far as i can tell, there doesnt seem to be a shortage of horde players, i see the same Ally players most matches, but different horde players everymatch. tbh i dont fully understand how alliance win so much either, horde have some very good players, often have more healers, more lv24 players and the number of hunters seem to be on average even.

Users who are viewing this thread