is Holy aggressive viable in twink brackets?

If a mage had 300sp, his frostbolt shatters would be critting for 1.0-1.1k, on top of a 650 fireblast, with another 550 FB seconds later. That's happening at least 60% of the time with standard crit and shatter. A mage can spam frostbolts, can a priest spam holy fire? I cannot believe people are comparing DPS of these two, it's not even remotely imaginable. Not to mention a possible 500 CoC crit, and 150-200 arcane explosions. All self buffed.

Pretty sure a priest can spam Smite just fine and yes a full on DPS holy priest can keep up dps with the best mages. You really have to see it to believe the dps Holy can do, and I certainly have.

Outofspace said:
Hmm sounds like you got it down pretty nice but I saw you say dispel magic glyph. Always seemed like a weak choice considering when you dispel enemies it does nothing for ya. Does the healing boost make up for this from having to dispel spam people and yourself?

Not sure what other attractive choices there would be for your build though either.

I play a lot of D atm but once the flag hit anywhere near our base or they start attacking the base i mix in a lot of dispells and heals into rotation so a high stam tank gets a decent return when ur spamming CC removal on him and removing dots.

elesian said:
If a mage had 300sp, his frostbolt shatters would be critting for 1.0-1.1k, on top of a 650 fireblast, with another 550 FB seconds later. That's happening at least 60% of the time with standard crit and shatter. A mage can spam frostbolts, can a priest spam holy fire? I cannot believe people are comparing DPS of these two, it's not even remotely imaginable. Not to mention a possible 500 CoC crit, and 150-200 arcane explosions. All self buffed.

mostly wrong, my rotation for holy dps is holy fire, swp, dp, mind blast, smite. There is also a great holy talent that gives you a free instant cast smite or flash heal every time you crit with a holy spell, in any case just because a priest cant "spam holy fire" doesn't mean it kills your dps. When you gear for being holy damage you can still use your shadow spells, its def not just sitting there waiting for the holy fire cd to come back up.

WoWScrnShot_020509_183346.jpg

As for spec, this is the only way to do it imo

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#bZMxthbbVbZh

Litle off topic, but why dont you move to Silvermoon (ally) or Ravencrest(horde)?

The main offensive burst capability of a holy priest comes from Holy Fire -> Smite -> Smite -> Mind Blast due to the glyph that causes Smite to deal an extra 20% damage against tragets affected by Holy Fire. It's pretty nice burst to be honest...

-X

Med'an said:
Litle off topic, but why dont you move to Silvermoon (ally) or Ravencrest(horde)?

yeah im US, but yeah watched the vid right above this and with about 60 more sp i think i was topping out about 1300 hf crits and 900 smites, but yeah u can see that with good use of LoS and teamwork your burst is very strong.

It is fun to adjust between solid heals and strong burst. The real fun is when u get surge procs and can either finish something quickly, start a new target, or hit someone with a clutch heal

Hmm sounds like you got it down pretty nice but I saw you say dispel magic glyph. Always seemed like a weak choice considering when you dispel enemies it does nothing for ya. Does the healing boost make up for this from having to dispel spam people and yourself?

rofl every glyph should have to be OP right? when youre not using it on your team it should 1 shot opponents as well right?

There are a few that think with the loss of leg kits that lower hp means the dispell glyph isnt as amazing. I tend to disagree overall, especially when youre dispelling an FC or other high-ish stam teammate. It makes your mana go a lot further, especially if youre on top of dispelling your team which priests should be. The healing from the glyph really really adds up over time, and further boosts bubble/renew useage.

Users who are viewing this thread