Is Cyclone battlegroup (us) good to make 39 alliance twink on if you want a challenge

I was planning of making an alliance 39 on it but im wondering if horde win way too much, or should i say, is it a good challenge to take?

Cyclone is the best 39 Battlegroup in terms of skill. I'm not of the ratio because I have not played in awhile, but last I saw it was really balanced.

Cyclone has the biggest collection of obnoxious players in World of Warcraft. I'd advise you to stay away.

It's been stated many times before. Cyclone's main focus is arenas while Nightfall has a main focus of 10v10 premades. Really just take your pick.

It is commonly known that Cyclone is the best 39 BG...in terms of skill nothing comes close, bloodlust and nightfall and ruin all fall far short in terms of actual player skill and overall competitiveness.

True nightfall has more premades...but are they good and do they have high numbers of skilled players? eh, meh.

Now...Dottss is partially correct in his "obnoxious players" post...the forums in cyclone are filled with semi-good to actually-good players that have giant epeens and troll like no trolls ive ever seen before..Ignoring forums trolls however isnt that difficult to do, and actually playing in the BG makes it at least somewhat clear who is actually good and active and who is just a forum twink.

The funny thing is that Dottss left because the arenas werent active (after 3.0 activity went down for a while)...but now the activity has skyrocketed and hes probably missing out on most of the solid action.

Alteffour said:
It is commonly known that Cyclone is the best 39 BG...in terms of skill nothing comes close, bloodlust and nightfall and ruin all fall far short in terms of actual player skill and overall competitiveness.

True nightfall has more premades...but are they good and do they have high numbers of skilled players? eh, meh.

Now...Dottss is partially correct in his "obnoxious players" post...the forums in cyclone are filled with semi-good to actually-good players that have giant epeens and troll like no trolls ive ever seen before..Ignoring forums trolls however isnt that difficult to do, and actually playing in the BG makes it at least somewhat clear who is actually good and active and who is just a forum twink.

The funny thing is that Dottss left because the arenas werent active (after 3.0 activity went down for a while)...but now the activity has skyrocketed and hes probably missing out on most of the solid action.

How do you know Cyclone's skill is the best? Have you played in all the other battlegroups? Or are you just making this up saying your battlegroup is the best because it is yours? You are just making yourself seem like an idiot stating that the skill level in cyclone is the best because you have no way to judge the skill level of other battlegroups without having played in them for a long time. So please think before you declare Cyclone the 39 twink heaven of skill.

Castrophy said:
How do you know Cyclone's skill is the best? Have you played in all the other battlegroups? Or are you just making this up saying your battlegroup is the best because it is yours? You are just making yourself seem like an idiot stating that the skill level in cyclone is the best because you have no way to judge the skill level of other battlegroups without having played in them for a long time. So please think before you declare Cyclone the 39 twink heaven of skill.

There a numerous prominent players in the 39 bracket that actually have skipped around to the other big BattleGroups and consistently say the skill level on cyclone is the best. It's the reason why players like Boostz, Jenif, Brumble, Kayes, and Fony all ended up on Cyclone (I used those names because I'm sure you've heard of at least one of them from videos and such). So please be less of a dick and accept that this is a forum where the majority of what we say is opinion based.

Skill attracts skill.

Yesterday I was playing my Cyclone twink. Or trying to. There were 0 wsg's going on, and 1 AB. I assumed everyone was in arena, so I queued. 10 mins later, I gave up.

What times were you playing pers, most of the afternoon there were 3 or 4 wsg's going (although only 1 or 0 AB..but who cares about ab)

We were doing premades with another guild so I didnt check out any arenas..but activity seemed fine yesterday.

@ Catastrophy

Read what Situation has said. Then maybe talk to some players. You seem to believe that players ONLY play in any one given battle group. My guild especially (and im sure others in Cyclone are similar) is made up almost entirely of players who have transfered from other battlegroups..We probably have at least one player from every BG (maybe, heh) and I get to hear on a regular basis what is going on in other BGs.

None of this has anything to do with your own personal skill...maybe you are a great player in Nightfall, maybe there is a handful of well skilled people there...But the quantity of skilled players there I am almost 100% sure is much lower overall than what you would find in Cyclone.

If you dont like Cyclone being the best...well tough...get over it...either Xfer or work harder to get more talent into your own BG, but dont bitch at me for telling you what the vast majority of players believe.

Alteffour said:
What times were you playing pers, most of the afternoon there were 3 or 4 wsg's going (although only 1 or 0 AB..but who cares about ab)

We were doing premades with another guild so I didnt check out any arenas..but activity seemed fine yesterday.

@ Catastrophy

Read what Situation has said. Then maybe talk to some players. You seem to believe that players ONLY play in any one given battle group. My guild especially (and im sure others in Cyclone are similar) is made up almost entirely of players who have transfered from other battlegroups..We probably have at least one player from every BG (maybe, heh) and I get to hear on a regular basis what is going on in other BGs.

None of this has anything to do with your own personal skill...maybe you are a great player in Nightfall, maybe there is a handful of well skilled people there...But the quantity of skilled players there I am almost 100% sure is much lower overall than what you would find in Cyclone.

If you dont like Cyclone being the best...well tough...get over it...either Xfer or work harder to get more talent into your own BG, but dont bitch at me for telling you what the vast majority of players believe.

Your theory that cyclone has the most "skilled" players is just that, a theory. Now, I have never had a toon in Cyclone, but i know people who have. From what they have said, and this is all opinion, is cyclone has the best geared players (green lens' w/ stats, PoD's), but no where close to the most skilled.

People who cite a stat lens or a PoD as the reason the lost are just bitter and can't figure why they didn't win. Who are the people you are referring too.. In all likelihood they were nobodies who really don't factor into this conversation anyways.

In all honesty Cyclone's activity is fine in my eyes anything more is just gravy. Skill will continue to recognize Cyclone for what it is and move here, so we don't need a mass migration of mediocrity anyways.

Situation said:
People who cite a stat lens or a PoD as the reason the lost are just bitter and can't figure why they didn't win. Who are the people you are referring too.. In all likelihood they were nobodies who really don't factor into this conversation anyways.

In all honesty Cyclone's activity is fine in my eyes anything more is just gravy. Skill will continue to recognize Cyclone for what it is and move here, so we don't need a mass migration of mediocrity anyways.

You aren't really making too much sense in this response. I am not saying anything about MY experience in cyclone, all my twinks are in reckoning. I am saying, a few random different people have told me similiar things about cyclone, and this causes me to think. I am sure there are skilled twinks in cyclone, just like EVERY battlegroup.

.. If you read my post I never said anything about your experience. I even asked for the people's names. Otherwise, how do we know if they are even somewhat credible or if they deserve even a tadbit of consideration? Honestly, the things you've heard reek of excuse and you hearing them second hand doesn't make a ton of sense either.

To give you a bit of reference, my guild consists of some of the top players from a number of BattleGroups. The reason we/they came to cyclone was to compete against the highest echelon of players.. Out of our 65-70 30's I count 7 with any combination of Boa's, stat lens, or PoD's. Now obviously I can't say with 100% certainty but I fairly confident that we are pretty much the norm in our BattleGroup but also in general.

I think you mistaking Jadyn's Bloodlust for Cyclone. Anyways, I don't understand why you would link your BattleGroup getting trolled. Hrm, I think I'll just quote Gen because this also applies to you..

"I could see why your community would need strengthening if you are so inadequate that you need to make a reference to the size of your **@#@ over the wow forums."

Situation said:
I think you mistaking Jadyn's Bloodlust for Cyclone. Anyways, I don't understand why you would link your BattleGroup getting trolled. Hrm, I think I'll just quote Gen because this also applies to you..

"I could see why your community would need strengthening if you are so inadequate that you need to make a reference to the size of your **@#@ over the wow forums."

Cool story

Wtf

Jeezus, these kind of forum cockfights prove nothing, except how entertaining some of you can be in your trolling.

I'm sure there is skill all over, but In Situation's own defense, the guild <Cyclone> that resided on BL for time did have a TON of skilled twinks; probably the best I've ever seen.

I have yet to see the caliber of players in NF, but I know some very skilled players have gone over, which should improve the overall skill level of the group.

Users who are viewing this thread