Is 80 Arena Viable?

Radiate

Legend
I've seen people posting insane amounts of burst on some classes, criting for 50-100k. Sureley this makes arena a whoever hits who first wins situation because from what ive seen most 80s have 40-70k hp. This does sound alot like lvl 70 arena which is good when stacking resi.

Also im leveling a shaman what spec is best for 80?

Probably Restoration. BiS Resto stacking resil can get to absurd amounts of effective health. Riptide is an instant cast as is ES so you have two guaranteed self heals that can't be interrupted outside of blankets. Only issue is keeping your buddy up.

Elemental hits like a wet noodle. I don't like it, I feel like it's been pretty gimp since Wrath...at least that's the last time I remember enjoying elemental.

Enhancement *should* be decent. This is roughly what I would go with, 2nd profession is optional. chardev 10 - Mist of Pandaria - BETA

Note that the PvP Power stat is bugged in Chardev, and the character actually has 16.3%.

Against targets with no additional resil and around 40k HP, that build should be able to one shot them with Lava Lash assuming a full stack of Searing Flames (assuming that is even in the game anymore lol).

As far as Arena goes, yes it is bursty. I can two shot a 80 Resto Shaman with 60k HP 75% resil as Arcane blowing all my CDs. Anyone can die fast in the right scenario.

Also, if you want to be a huge faggot and pretty much auto win every 2v2 match, run 2x combat rogues, stacking PvP Power and as much PvE stats as you can and just killing spree everything to death.

When I leveled my rogue out I was "globaling" 84 plate wearers with 120k HP with KS with zero PvP Power and only average gear.

Probably Restoration. BiS Resto stacking resil can get to absurd amounts of effective health. Riptide is an instant cast as is ES so you have two guaranteed self heals that can't be interrupted outside of blankets. Only issue is keeping your buddy up.

Elemental hits like a wet noodle. I don't like it, I feel like it's been pretty gimp since Wrath...at least that's the last time I remember enjoying elemental.

Enhancement *should* be decent. This is roughly what I would go with, 2nd profession is optional. chardev 10 - Mist of Pandaria - BETA

Note that the PvP Power stat is bugged in Chardev, and the character actually has 16.3%.

Against targets with no additional resil and around 40k HP, that build should be able to one shot them with Lava Lash assuming a full stack of Searing Flames (assuming that is even in the game anymore lol).

As far as Arena goes, yes it is bursty. I can two shot a 80 Resto Shaman with 60k HP 75% resil as Arcane blowing all my CDs. Anyone can die fast in the right scenario.

Hi, thanks for the reply. From what I can see enhance seems like the better spec to go for but every 80 twink is ele if not resto. mastery from my point of view seems much more beneficial for enhance then ele because ele's damage is so low especially compared to others. if anyone has a link to an enhance shaman i'de love to see it.

The fact that you say you can "2hit" a full resi shaman puts me off arenas, but this is what 70 is like when against bad players. A good shaman would see your burst and use sheer/grounding totem GG.

Last edited by a moderator:
LF an arena partner lvl 80 twink. I'm a twinked mage with mop gear etc. 2.2+ k achie easy.
Faction: Horde
Realm: Outland
Tag: Trapped#1582

Users who are viewing this thread