IRL Mechs! At last!

vinod

OG
Army Mechanic's Garage Tinkering Yields 18-Foot Mecha Exoskeleton | Popular Science

Owens, 31, began building an 18-foot-tall, one-ton prototype at his home in Wasilla, Alaska, in 2004. Working without blueprints, he first built a full-scale model out of wood. Moving on to steel, he had to devise a hydraulics system that would provide precisely the right leverage and range of movement. He settled on a complex network of cables and hydraulic cylinders that can make the mecha raise its arms, bend its knees, and even do a sit-up.

-----------

I want one.

From days of long ago, from uncharted regions of the universe, comes a legend; the legend of Voltron, Defender of the Universe, a mighty robot, loved by good, feared by evil. As Voltron's legend grew, peace settled across the galaxy. On Planet Earth, a Galaxy Alliance was formed. Together with the good planets of the solar system, they maintained peace throughout the universe, until a new horrible menace threatened the galaxy. Voltron was needed once more. This is the story of the super force of space explorers, specially trained and sent by the Alliance to bring back...

Voltron, Defender of the Universe!

i kinda halfway built one in metal shop last year using a lawn mower motor and a simple hydraulics system where we could move about an an inch every 20 secs, didnt pan out so well because my friend Tuggs made a catapult and we launched junk at me

and it wasnt that tall either, about 5'11"

Deadhed said:
i kinda halfway built one in metal shop last year using a lawn mower motor and a simple hydraulics system where we could move about an an inch every 20 secs, didnt pan out so well because my friend Tuggs made a catapult and we launched junk at me

and it wasnt that tall either, about 5'11"

ROFL that was awesome, just made my day.

Users who are viewing this thread