iPvP & Duels gearlist? - rogue

Looks good.

Blackberry only asked for a link to a better geared Rogue, not a BiS Rogue. Dreams' is definitely better geared than Blackberry. BiS? Idk. But definitely better.

Also, PvP Power is good. You should look into it.
maybe man not gonna bother untill i can actually play bgs below 110

i don't think you have a better build nor are you proving it is by claiming it. So instead of throwing fingers at who is wrong, make like your telling me and go prove you're build is better than telling me it is. The way pvp scaling works its not admitted to just say that because a macro tells you how much damage increase you're gaining from pvp power prove it does. I have yet to see where it is better and you have yet to tell me. Stop bashing and start proving
We already tested and confirmed that pvp power works... Do you want us to do it again and post screenshots before you believe it?

The way I determined my optimal pvp power amount was replacing 1 gem at a time and doing repeated tests. Damage was increasing until the 9th gem, so I stopped at 8. If you have more agility than me, you should probably get even more pvp power.

We already tested and confirmed that pvp power works... Do you want us to do it again and post screenshots before you believe it?

The way I determined my optimal pvp power amount was replacing 1 gem at a time and doing repeated tests. Damage was increasing until the 9th gem, so I stopped at 8. If you have more agility than me, you should probably get even more pvp power.
i would like to see where you can prove it's better, Yes.

I mean... especially in terms of pure dps classes, the proof is easy.

Damage numbers are higher = it's better.
sure, but i don't see where the damage is better even in my own tests. I can see where resilience is better, it is insane how strong it is, but for a rogue i don't see it being that valuable compared to other melee classes. Also i disagree with his trinkets unless he's doing it for just straight stam, which is silly losing out on so much offence power just for the stam and a stun that knocks you back for essentially the same time they are stunned. your gem choice in 5 agil and 5 crit is all i really see that's superior until i can see where pvp power really makes that much of a difference

sure, but i don't see where the damage is better even in my own tests.
Why don't you post your tests then? Would love to see them

Also i disagree with his trinkets unless he's doing it for just straight stam, which is silly losing out on so much offence power just for the stam and a stun that knocks you back for essentially the same time they are stunned.
I'm taking those trinkets because they have offensive power (not much lower than other trinkets) while having good stam. The rocket is amazing utlity, and frankly quite broken. The only reason I see not to use it is because it could be considered cheesy.
[doublepost=1532383997,1532383662][/doublepost]
methodology: slowly replacing agi gems with pvp power gems and observing damage. In the video we tested up to 6 gems. In my own testing the damage increase stops at around 8 gems.

I'm taking those trinkets because they have offensive power (not much lower than other trinkets) while having good stam. The rocket is amazing utlity, and frankly quite broken. The only reason I see not to use it is because it could be considered cheesy.
methodology: slowly replacing agi gems with pvp power gems and observing damage. In the video we tested up to 6 gems. In my own testing the damage increase stops at around 8 gems.
Blackberry has already spoken no vid will prove he is wrong #blackberry4bracketleader
[doublepost=1532385802][/doublepost]
its 2018, if you post something about 70s, expect to see either scoot or onlydreams there to instantly trash it :)
Is just a classic

Is there anyway that this effect is buffed even further in instanced pvp?I just got done doing a similar test and was fortunate to find about the same results. i Hadnt tried in a duel earlier just in BGS swapping in and out gear pieces with pvp power and without it etc. The way scaling in bgs and arenas though it was rather inconsistent and weird to assume. Although i'm not using as many pvp power gems as you before reaching a dr, i will keep trying to see if adding crit and agil gems will make pvp pwer grant an even larger damage effect.

Does PvP power work? Theres nothing in the stat template so its hard to judge?
Just curious because I know a lot of lvl 85 stuff has base pvp power.

Does PvP power work? Theres nothing in the stat template so its hard to judge?
Just curious because I know a lot of lvl 85 stuff has base pvp power.
Yep it does. You can see your current pvp power with this:
/run print( GetPvpPowerDamage(), GetPvpPowerHealing() )

Yep it does. You can see your current pvp power with this:
/run print( GetPvpPowerDamage(), GetPvpPowerHealing() )
hey,

i guess nobody wrote it yet.
5 pvp-power ~ 1% dmg increase

No idea if pvp-power has a DR effekt or just main stat will be more valueable after reaching a breakpoint.

And this looks little bit better:
/run print("PvP-Power: "..GetCombatRating(27))
/run print(" + Damage: "..string.format("%.2f%%",GetPvpPowerDamage()))
/run print("PvP Resilience: "..GetCombatRating(16))
/run print("PvP Resiilence: "..string.format("%.2f%%",GetCombatRatingBonus(16)))

Last edited:
No idea if pvp-power has a DR effekt or just main stat will be more valueable after reaching a breakpoint.
Hi
Yeah, your primary stat will always become more valuable after a certain amount of pvp power, even if there were no diminishing returns. That's just how stats work. I did a simplified explanation in another thread:
To maximize damage you always need a balance of different stats, so stacking one stat is never a good choice unless you're doing it for "fun", or whatever.

You can try to think of each stat as a separate multiplier to your damage. Imagine a world where no stat synergies existed at all; you would need an exact equal amount of each secondary to maximize your damage.
Example:
Someone hits for 100 damage every second, giving them a DPS of 100. Adding 10% crit and 10% haste to that person will always result in more damage than adding 20% of either stat.

100 DPS + 10% haste = 110 DPS
110 DPS + 10% crit = 121 DPS

100 DPS + 20% haste = 120 DPS

In other words: (100+10%)+10% > 100+20%

Now, obviously this isn't how WoW works. All classes have significant synergies with certain stats. And that's where a lot of people seem to get confused, thinking "Well if crit is better than haste for fire mages why would I ever get haste over crit on a fire mage?".

But the fact is that even if certain secondaries are weighted better than others, you will always reach a point (often earlier than you would think) where other stats, other multipliers, start adding more value to your character.

keep in mind in ipvp you scale to 79 so your percentage is decreased. So that 10% in a duel will turn into 7-8% in ipvp
You're sort of right, except you're heavily overestimating how much your secondary stat percentages decrease. Actually it's only about ~9% (varies slightly). That's why I'm running 11.69% pvp power which is slightly more than 10% in instanced pvp.

Users who are viewing this thread