Invitation to Thirk

After reading all that in the front post, I'm totally fascinated by the idea of a level 14 twink.

Goes to show there's always something new to learn.

I'd love to hear the reasoning behind this twinking level (yes, I'm a nerd too. I like theorycrafting :p).

I wonder if Thirk would be kind enough to offer us a quick guide on gear/enchants for a level 14.

Also, which class would be considered best at that level ?

I too was interested in looking into 14s more. I briefly glanced over them, but it would be fun to look more into and maybe even make. (If I ever go back to live...)

~Zuty

I have a level 10 hunter who has about 120% dodge. And I am planning on getting a level 14 class twinking as well but I have yet to figure out which.

Does anyone know if any mages or locks are any good? I believe you can get a few good items like the Cresant Staff and Crystallized Cuffs. I would think that a full decked out spell damage mage or lock would be pretty nice.

Any comments on this idea?

Atotem said:
I would think that a full decked out spell damage mage or lock would be pretty nice.

no.

a level 10 CC mage or lock might be good, but aside from fears and polymorphs you're pretty much worse in every aspect to your level 19 counterpart.

Atotem said:
I would think that a full decked out spell damage mage or lock would be pretty nice.

Any comments on this idea?

How could that be nice? ... The whole point of twinking lower levels is to abuse the larger impact that rating and stats like agility has on lower toons. Spelldamage is spelldamage, and you can wrack up much more using the higher level gear, not only will you miss out on +dmg, you'll also have to use the lower ranked spells - gaining a smaller bonus from your spelldmg due to issues with the dmg co-efficient...

The only way i can see to benefit from having a lower level caster would be haste abuse, and even that doesnt seem worth it.

Alright, thanks for the ideas. I guess I'll stick with my level 10 huntard.

Stormfist said:
How could that be nice? ... The whole point of twinking lower levels is to abuse the larger impact that rating and stats like agility has on lower toons. Spelldamage is spelldamage, and you can wrack up much more using the higher level gear, not only will you miss out on +dmg, you'll also have to use the lower ranked spells - gaining a smaller bonus from your spelldmg due to issues with the dmg co-efficient...

The only way i can see to benefit from having a lower level caster would be haste abuse, and even that doesnt seem worth it.

you don't know how much a level 10 warlock that fear spams or a level 10 mage that CC spams can annoy the living hell out of any 19 twink.

Druiddroid said:
you don't know how much a level 10 warlock that fear spams or a level 10 mage that CC spams can annoy the living hell out of any 19 twink.

I am a warlock, I can imagine it being quite frustrating to bads who don't play with a partner who can dispell their only useful spell that also happens to be on diminishing returns rendering it unspammable and broken by the racial of argueably the most populated race in the game... ?

And as a warlock, mages don't annoy me at any level. ;)

90 % of10's are overrated novelties. Caster 10's cant even be rated.

Heard of a few 10's who are apparently insane, but i'd put that down the players rather than the toons tbh. In years of twinking in EU's most competitive BG's and most competitive guilds, i've never seen a level 10 who could make a significant difference to a BG, or beat an equally skilled player of the same class at 19. Apparently the good 10's are out there, but the vast majority of them are shite. Stats speak for themselves, if YOU [anyone] make a 10, there's the highest probability that YOU will be shite.

Hmm, i've just realized that i really don't like 10's! Ah well...

Stormfist said:
I am a warlock, I can imagine it being quite frustrating to bads who don't play with a partner who can dispell their only useful spell that also happens to be on diminishing returns rendering it unspammable and broken by the racial of argueably the most populated race in the game... ?

there are 10 people you can fear in WSG. it's not like you have to fear spam the same target.

And as a warlock, mages don't annoy me at any level. ;)
you need to play against ones that use polymorph

90 % of10's are overrated novelties. Caster 10's cant even be rated.

level 10s aren't always meant to be created for pwnage, they are just created to be annoyances.

Heard of a few 10's who are apparently insane, but i'd put that down the players rather than the toons tbh. In years of twinking in EU's most competitive BG's and most competitive guilds, i've never seen a level 10 who could make a significant difference to a BG, or beat an equally skilled player of the same class at 19. Apparently the good 10's are out there, but the vast majority of them are shite. Stats speak for themselves, if YOU [anyone] make a 10, there's the highest probability that YOU will be shite.

not many people play level 10s. i've seen a few good ones, and they do contribute quite well to BGs.

sure they can't beat an equally skilled player that's level 19, but then again if you're actually very good at the game there's not going to be many players that are as good or better than you.

I've only seen one good level 10. He was a rogue named Unpossible. Had something like 1.5k health and a lot of dodge.

But it's true that there are a lot more bad lower levels than good ones. For example, on my realm there is a level 11 (don't ask me why he's level 11 and not 10, lol) named Hâze who is absolute trash. He's got about 800 health and a bunch of spirit gear. Yes, he has spirit gear on a rogue... Every time I'm in a BG with him we somehow lose.

Any way, the point is that if you're gonna make a level 10-14 twink, make sure he's good. If he's not, you're just going to piss a lot of people off.

I know only of a good level 10 twink and he's also a rogue.

His name is Èé, from the EU/Sporeggar server.

According to the Armory, he has 62.68% Dodge, which is more than the 45.5% I can get with my level 19 twink rogue and his two [item]Meadow Ring[/item] of Eluding.

Landing a hit on him is quite a challenge.

But he's more of an annoyance than a threat, as his damage is not very high.

Against twink rogues, I usually go onto my shield/sword defense.

But against this one I only need to land a Rend and a couple of Heroic Strikes with my [item]Night Reaver[/item] to bring him down.

Druiddroid said:
no.

a level 10 CC mage or lock might be good, but aside from fears and polymorphs you're pretty much worse in every aspect to your level 19 counterpart.

I started a level 10 SP/Haste lock, but I'm probably not going to gear him because of the recent 3.1 changes killing him (Haste Librams and Leg Armor mainly)

I actually farmed his +4 SP Gloves already. Took more than 2 weeks =/.

Warlock always was tempting to make for level 10, fear spamming along with machine gun shadow bolts and dots ticking? :p But I agree with your assessment towards 3.1 - no more haste librams and no more leg armors isn't going to be too good for level 10's :p

I had a level 10 Dodge Rouge. I didn't know you could get Wingblade at 10, so that really made me up set (put WAY to much money in her, wasted ...) She had like a base 80-90 dodge and over 100 when I popped Evasion. To bad Dodge doesn't do anything against spells ...

~Zuty

Zuty said:
I had a level 10 Dodge Rouge. I didn't know you could get Wingblade at 10, so that really made me up set (put WAY to much money in her, wasted ...) She had like a base 80-90 dodge and over 100 when I popped Evasion. To bad Dodge doesn't do anything against spells ...

~Zuty

Aww. Sorry to hear =[

iaccidentallytwink said:
Aww. Sorry to hear =[

Yeah, I dropped WAY to much gold on him (got two daggers of Agi, had like +1 Agi) and chanted them both with +15 Agi. Got goggles on her with +8 Agi and like 2/2 Monkey legs (might have been 3Agi/1Stam, can't remember) with Nethercleft. Then someone tells me I could have gotten Wingblade, I was devistated. I did a ton of BGs on her and was mainly a FRer. But I would like to give it a go again (at either 10 or 14) as a different class. If clothies don't last long, I will try Pally, Shaman, or Warrior. (If they are any good)

~Zuty

Users who are viewing this thread