Interest in lower ilvl wargames?

What kind of ruleset would you like to compete in?

• Total voters

CigNus

Bracket Tourist
Administrator
Generally spitballing ideas for wargames (WSG/AB/Arenas/Shuffles)

This would lower the barrier to entry for wargames, allow access to gems and all the classic enchants so you could actually tune your character to the specific stats you want.
I think the insanely high ilvl is one of the reasons we have an out of control, bursty meta. We would have to do a lot of testing to see if this was even viable.

Just gauging interest especially if gearing would take you an afternoon or a couple days vs grinding for warforged shit that cant be enchanted or is statted how you'd prefer.

i think it would be cool if everyone used the mop vendor green gear you can buy with gold
Had that idea but only issue is a lot of that shit is mastery based. meant to post about that.

This sounds good. Is there anything similar to this going on on EU?
I think EU is just running WGs with full on warforged gear. I just know how lazy the NA pvp community is, myself included, I don't think there is even enough people with WF gear on NA that would be interested in WGs

Gear restrictions arent something to be worried about, tbh.

And though I've often disagreed with this kinda of measure in the past:
I think It's better to take out the few things that are too dumb, like stormkeeper, Burrows, x3 hfire, etc.
And comp restrictions.

Twinks are proud of their effort. Stripping them of that is kinda oof. If ppl wanna be able to compete, nothing stops them from doing the same work every1 else did.
If not, TBC gear kinda good too.

And btw, Helping 'the poor' is very un-American of u.. wtf bruh

Gear restrictions arent something to be worried about, tbh.

And though I've often disagreed with this kinda of measure in the past:
I think It's better to take out the few things that are too dumb, like stormkeeper, Burrows, x3 hfire, etc.
And comp restrictions.

Twinks are proud of their effort. Stripping them of that is kinda oof. If ppl wanna be able to compete, nothing stops them from doing the same work every1 else did.
If not, TBC gear kinda good too.

people value the effort they put into their toons, as they should. but people also value fairness, as they should. while you might care about the time and effort you put into getting the gear for your toon, you can also care about fairness for everybody in the wargame. its always a balancing act, and getting the right balance is (presumably) what the thread's about.

while yes, people have the capability of farming to get gear that can compete, its a process that i feel lots of people don't like and its a process that can be eliminated through these means. theres also the problem of the people ahead of you are farming aswell, which will keep that gap between you and them there. even if that gap shortens after a while because it takes longer and longer to get better and better gear, theyre still gonna have a gap/advantage over you. and on the path to theoretical "bis", they will have the same gap as before.

and, as always, these two things can co-exist. one group doing wargames one way, and another group doing wargames another way.

and getting the right balance is (presumably) what the thread's about.
its a process that i feel lots of people don't like and its a process that can be eliminated through these means.
and, as always, these two things can co-exist. one group doing wargames one way, and another group doing wargames another way.
Nail on the head bud! This is all I'm trying to achieve here.
I'm not farming warforged gear.

got me there lmao I'm more trying to lower the time/barrier to entry for being competitive, it's not meant to strip anyone of anything. If people don't like the rules they won't play. Shit even if people do like the rules its hard enough getting everyone online and available at the same time now adays.

And comp restrictions.
I'm curious if these things wouldnt be crazy overpowered with weaker gear :D but yeah thats usually the routes we take.

Nail on the head bud! This is all I'm trying to achieve here.
I'm not farming warforged gear.

got me there lmao I'm more trying to lower the time/barrier to entry for being competitive, it's not meant to strip anyone of anything. If people don't like the rules they won't play. Shit even if people do like the rules its hard enough getting everyone online and available at the same time now adays.

I'm curious if these things wouldnt be crazy overpowered with weaker gear :D but yeah thats usually the routes we take.

Had to throw a quick joke in while I was at it
Alot of the abilities i mentioned, and abilities like them are incredibly op even with low gear. Especially Healer offensive CDs mentioned.

And of course, it's good to organize regardless of ruleset implemented. And i love and respect the initiative to bring more ppl in!

That said, getting a full set of WoD epics with decent enough stats is hardly a long grind. And the small gap a few gemslots put on that isn't gamebreaking, intill SL gemstacking is involved.

In my opinion, most specs work with different off-stat builds, so farming the absolute bis stats doesn't have to be an issue, if you are able to make playstyle around what u got.

A good restriction to implement would be to maybe restrict the amount of gemslotted 87s u can have. Or remove them completely.
That way you close one gap between Vets and F2Ps by gimping the SL gems.

So this is with JUST heirloom gear... doesnt inspire overall confidence in this idea... maybe we allow stam only gems lmfao
1696358780983.png

So this is with JUST heirloom gear... doesnt inspire overall confidence in this idea... maybe we allow stam only gems lmfao
View attachment 23546
When i made my f2p Enha, i noticed this aswell, as i started my grind with looms as resto.

It might be the dumbest ability I've seen yet

I think we should start by picking one night a week for solo queues (level 20-29 no gear restrictions). The games are decent when they pop.

We should try a FREE FOR ALL to see if we can fill a 10v10 first. Determine the rules after those first few games to shush the naysayers. With a competitive mindset for that inaugural 10v10 set, feelings may have to get hurt. If a class is too OP in one game, drop them and explain why constructively. :ResidentSleeper:

If this community really wants games, it might have to try something outside of the box. I cringed at first but this might actually be possible. After watching the Caroline Cup this season, I personally want to go full structured/copycat mode but that most certainly will scare off the pretenders from the contenders. Ideally I'd rather cast the games then participate too (so shotgun) but could lend my quiver of twinks if needed. Im so far ahead of my self tho yikes lol, so let's gooooooo 20s! :FrogeTorch:

Isn't there an undergound 20s wargame scene atm tho?! Or did I just out them?!

20s > 29s :ezW:

Yeah that's a good point sketch I just think, as most twinks do, they're too turned off by the possibility of losing that they won't play lol

But yeah casting a wide net and going from there would probably be the best bet.

dungeon blue gear only
No sockets
Resto shaman stormkeeper banned
These are my 3 starting rules ( i was thinking of the same thing earlier cig)
Start with 5v5/6v6's maybe as well and see if interest picks up.
I for one can have multiple toons ready to go at a moments notice.
they're too turned off by the possibility of losing that they won't play lol
It sucks because we use to do wow forum bg war games and the skill levels differed vastly, so ppl would lose and quit and some others wouldn't play with X because they were Y at the game. Really killed what should have been a just for fun moment.

Users who are viewing this thread