Insane Burst - top classes for burst damage

Stam

Grandfathered
As the title suggests I'm really curious on what kind of damage output people are seeing in their bursts. I don't have any dedicated level 99 twinks or exp-off toons between 90-99 at this stage, but i've always pimped out my toons between 90 & 100 as I level them. This week, I commenced leveling my enhancement shaman which I have been planning for awhile, and whilst i'm not quite in the best gear I could imagine (thanks Yogg for NOT dropping the shaman-tier piece) I'm genuinely shocked at how insane the output can be, especially with CD's blown.

Obviously some classes can out-put higher hits/crits due to moves/mechanics that their class has, but what numbers are you seeing? Are you one-shotting? Two-shotting? I've seen some other people both for and against level from 90-100 with crafted items and set-bonus use etc, but I want to get a better understanding.

And example I will use is that when unloading every offensive cool-down I had (except Heroism/Lust) onto a fellow "twink" (exp ON, x3 crafted + old sets for bonuses & BiS enchants) I managed to two-shot them as enhancement from ~25 yards. Windstrike main-hand/off-hand x2 (with a couple of lightning shield procs) ended up equating to just over 200,000 damage. What are you all getting? Raw damage, no stacks, no berserker - just raid buffs/self buffs and a whole lot of OP.

Mages, Rogue & Holy Pally(Holy pally bursted me down on my 100 in like 5secs) do some nice damage at lvl91+
It should be good, if someone make a video with every class at 91 and in the video it should show the burst of every class.

Mages, Rogue & Holy Pally(Holy pally bursted me down on my 100 in like 5secs) do some nice damage at lvl91+
It should be good, if someone make a video with every class at 91 and in the video it should show the burst of every class.

That would be awesome to see a video like that.
Mages are a REAL pain with their burst; the class that I rolled from range (mentioned in my original post) was indeed a mage - I wasn't taking ANY chances with letting him free-cast. I've met a few mages, both frost & fire, that have caused me some grief.

Fury warrior
Enhancement shaman
MM hunter
Boomkin. Boomkin. Boomkin BOOMKIN.
Ret
Frost DK

Tbh, most classes can kill you in two attacks if you're BiS, as I have more than found out, what matters most is that you don't pick a BAD spec.

Fury warrior
Enhancement shaman
MM hunter
Boomkin. Boomkin. Boomkin BOOMKIN.
Ret
Frost DK

Tbh, most classes can kill you in two attacks if you're BiS, as I have more than found out, what matters most is that you don't pick a BAD spec.

I'm going to fan-boy here; I've seen your vids & was a tad inspired to twink my enhancement shaman based on yours/other videos. I probably wouldn't have done so (or perhaps not as thoroughly) otherwise.. but HEY - thanks :)
I'm saddened by the lack of Boomkins, I barely see any.

For an enhance shaman twink, what stats do you stack for insane burst? Everything I look up its different. I can't find any hard and fast information.

I also noticed the tier 8 pve 2pc gives 20% to SS and LL, and the tier 11 2pc gives 10% to SS and LL. do these bonuses actually work in the bracket and to they stack??

I currently have 2 x 705 weps (one is haste Vers and the other is mastery vers) and a stone of elements. Should I change the weeps or just use the ones I have?

For an enhance shaman twink, what stats do you stack for insane burst? Everything I look up its different. I can't find any hard and fast information.

I also noticed the tier 8 pve 2pc gives 20% to SS and LL, and the tier 11 2pc gives 10% to SS and LL. do these bonuses actually work in the bracket and to they stack??

I currently have 2 x 705 weps (one is haste Vers and the other is mastery vers) and a stone of elements. Should I change the weeps or just use the ones I have?

Versatility for mega burst. Versa>haste>mastery>rest

T8 PvE 2 set only works for Lava Lash
T11 2 set works for both, and yes they stack.

Versatility for mega burst. Versa>haste>mastery>rest

T8 PvE 2 set only works for Lava Lash
T11 2 set works for both, and yes they stack.

Thanks for your response. If I could trouble you with a few more questions.

Seeing as I have the two weps (haste vers and mast vers) should I change them both to haste vers for the biggest damage?

Do I enchant weps with haste on both, mastery on both or one of each?

I see a mixed bag for talent choices, I picked echo and unleashed elements. I see people using elemental blaste but in pop I find myself healing a fair bit so find it wasted. What do you think the strongest talents are?

Is it worth stacking those two set bonuses for 30% LL and 10% SS? Or would it be better to go with 4pc contenders for the pvp power and one 2pc set? If so which 2pc? I assume the 10% to both would be better then 20% just to LL.

Thanks for your response. If I could trouble you with a few more questions.

Seeing as I have the two weps (haste vers and mast vers) should I change them both to haste vers for the biggest damage?

Do I enchant weps with haste on both, mastery on both or one of each?

I see a mixed bag for talent choices, I picked echo and unleashed elements. I see people using elemental blaste but in pop I find myself healing a fair bit so find it wasted. What do you think the strongest talents are?

Is it worth stacking those two set bonuses for 30% LL and 10% SS? Or would it be better to go with 4pc contenders for the pvp power and one 2pc set? If so which 2pc? I assume the 10% to both would be better then 20% just to LL.

I wouldn't bother rerolling stats, it will only make a minimal change and it could cost you a tonne.

Both haste

Echo and UE.

You can actually have both set bonuses AND the contenders set, if you pick up the offset contenders items like belt/wrists/gloves/boots then you can have shoulders/helm/legs/chest of the other sets

Sorry I didn't get to this earlier; Toklo has basically said everything I would have said anyway. The only different thing I could say is that I opted to stack mastery over vers just due to it's availability on the gear (like the 2-sets/contenders & MoP PvP gear etc). In my eyes, I wasn't going to get as much versatility as i'd have wanted as it'd be coming entirely from the crafted trinket & then WoD neck/ring/cloak enchants. Whereas my mastery stack sees me at just over 50% currently when scaled in BG's. Makes LL a hell of a damage dealer...

I wanna try going straight primary stat on all gear and see how it goes - equip nothing but level 8 gear with say just agi or int or strength and nothing else. Bet it will be interesting. Contender's 4pc might be the exception as that seems kinda mandatory for any dps spec. On my sham I went 4pc contenders, 2pc conquerors worldbreaker (20% SS and LL) and 2pc Frost Witch (12% dmg while shamanistic rage is up). When usedm, Frost Witch set bonus seems to up the high-end damage in bg's from 3400 to 3800. I have trouble downing heal spec priests but everything else is at least killable if played correctly. Overall though the damage output is nowhere near my warrior's except when like all cooldowns are up.

armories:
Quixt @ Sargeras - Community - World of Warcraft
Quixt @ Illidan - Community - World of Warcraft
Quixi @ Illidan - Community - World of Warcraft

Still need a few things on these twinks, and working on a druid. Nothing matches destro for sheer carnage of course.. dark soul chaos bolts hit 90-100k much of the time.

I saw an amazing arms warrior profile the other day but am having trouble relocating it. Name is "Bloods" with all weird characters on US servers. Guy has like 150% mastery and I bet destroys everything he touches. If anyone has a link to that armory, I would love to see. OP, you might want to consider arms warr. Mastery can get pretty ridiculous.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quix;9490012pc conquerors worldbreaker (20% SS and LL) and 2pc Frost Witch (12% dmg while shamanistic rage is up). [/QUOTE said:
Just a note, conqueror's worldbreaker only affects lava lash. Also you might not want to tie your defensive to your damage like that :p sham rage is important.

Mastery Arms is heavy, Boomkins have nice burst but no one has any idea how to actually control as boomy (something booms do best), Hpally shocks are stupid, and Fdk hits like a truck and tanks like one too.

Mages are bursty but are easy to counter (mostly because no one knows how to play mage besides pressing 1-4 and hoping things melt).

Hope to see a video or something of the op bursts, gl.

Just a note, conqueror's worldbreaker only affects lava lash. Also you might not want to tie your defensive to your damage like that :p sham rage is important.

Oh? is the ingame tooltip wrong? I can't login atm but am pretty sure it least says that it affects both. I agree partially on the sham rage bit but since so many fights turn into dps races as enhance I thought it might be best. Maybe will try out something else.

I came across a pimped out shadow priest today who was slaughtering everyone. First of all cascade seemed a little op!

Was this an anomaly or are shadow priests really good?

I'm looking at twinking another character with my shaman just so I don't get bored playing the one. What's a good solid class to pick?

I'm not going to lie, the more OP the better.
The classes I'm interested in are:
Shadow Priest
DW Frost DK
Lock - destro or afflic
Druid - feral / boomkin
MM hunter.

Which of these tops the op list when twinked?

I came across a pimped out shadow priest today who was slaughtering everyone. First of all cascade seemed a little op!

Was this an anomaly or are shadow priests really good?

I'm looking at twinking another character with my shaman just so I don't get bored playing the one. What's a good solid class to pick?

I'm not going to lie, the more OP the better.
The classes I'm interested in are:
Shadow Priest
DW Frost DK
Lock - destro or afflic
Druid - feral / boomkin
MM hunter.

Which of these tops the op list when twinked?

In my honest opinion, probably the DK based purely on their ability for DPS output & tanking capabilities. I have a MM hunter and it feels a bit stale in that the rotation isn't fluid enough to consistantly output high damage. It's like you open hard, then invest into regenerating focus & then you fire a few more hard hits out & rinse/repeat. To me a constant pressure is a far greater threat. I'd go with either the DK or destro lock, as destro has the ability to control small groups and hit multiple players simultaneously for 75% of their health pool....

Users who are viewing this thread