Immediate Reactions When You First Entered a BG After the Patch

edit: i'm much more worried about holy...they were already critting holy shocks for 1k, imagine holy shock and exorcism right after eachother

WOW sry bout the double post, im an idiot who doesnt know how to edit properly

RickRude said:
I swear Comcast is crazy.

I switch from cable to DSL to cable every 9 months or so when one of them inevitably pisses me off. The only way I figure they might notice a problem is real is if I disconnect.

Since I might not be online at the house for a bit and this thread is derailed.

@ Yes

Switch your:

Cloak to Grovekeeper's Drape

Aquamarine Signet to Eagle or Monkey

also I know this is hard but it is an option

Ribsplitter of Tiger to Monkey or Eagle

That will give you 27 more stam.

Right now you have 13 STR, 28 Agi and 8 Int on those pieces. Making the switch you can get 27 Stam 17 Agi and 7 Int in the way that I would go about it.

Another option which might sting a little is to drop skinning for mining. 30 stamina> the crit rating at this level. I personally would drop tailoring but I know how the cow likes nets. You do have to admit though with Frozen Power Hot Sauce you don't "need" the nets.

I am missing my vent already.

Those are good points. The ribsplitter isn't gonna change though. I have Grovekeeper's, just waiting on the agi buff - but that's a change that's on the way. Ring hadn't occured to me. I have a bunch of variants in the bank and will toy with em.

Mining, meh. Mining is unfun to level up past 310ish and passes my tolerance for "farming".

The cow does love the nets.

I thought I might drop tailoring for engineering and still might, but it's never a bummer to have another root up your sleeve every 60 seconds. Especially when I need to get in the habit of saving shocks for pesky LB spam.

cherzra said:
4500 health? How did you get that? Even with the last patch and the best stamina enchants / gear my sl/sl lock only had 4200hp. I'm down to 3200 now after 3.1.

OK here is the exact numbers as it is....

Please remember that I am only 300 mining so I am missing 200 health from not being 375 yet so this is my health currently SL/SL with 306 spell damage and 300 mining.

When I stop being lazy and level my mining to 375 I can drop some stam and add the required +damage items so I can be 4500 and 340 spell damage.

Krymore31SLMAxstam.jpg

So yes it is possible.

If you would like me to list the gear set I am using to achieve this let me know.

What's your health unbuffed so I can get an idea of what to shoot for without begging people for buffs :)

i logged on. looked at my HP. remembered that i'm going to have to drop my 450 herb/mining and re-level them. and logged off immediately.

* Conflagrate nerfed to do 70% of Immolate's total periodic damage instantly, down from 100%.

The last point is the most significant. The stated reasoning is that destruction is too bursty in PvP

From WoW Insider

Direct Blue Post

We don't want the lock playstyle to be the "run around and drop people with huge nukes

Oh really?

So ... Warlocks were deemed too bursty so as to warrant an immediate hotfix but Rets are still untouched after 2 patches?

>_<

Taitaih said:
What's your health unbuffed so I can get an idea of what to shoot for without begging people for buffs :)

At the moment I am 3300 with out 375 mining to get the result in the screenshot.

When I level mining this weekend I will be 3500 unbuffed

And then I have the choice of going 4700 health and 306 spell damage or 4500 health and 340 spell damage!

With the kind of numbers you're putting up Kry...

Why did Eveill think that his 39/49 locks would be ""ruined"" with the coming of 3.1

Right now I'm sitting at 3658 health unbuffed and 287 shadow damage (without wizard oil).

And I'll have to say, yes the 1,000g was worth it for SL/SL... I've never found hunters to be this easy before.

Juke said:
With the kind of numbers you're putting up Kry...

Why did Eveill think that his 39/49 locks would be ""ruined"" with the coming of 3.1

I don't know who you are refering too..... but there are 2 types of people in life... those who have an idea...and those who have no F***ing idea. :p

I do a ton more damage on my warrior, since 3k HP huntards are gone. lowbies have a much bigger chance to help out now. all in all 19s seem a lot more fun and balanced.

I admit my damage was OP when I could do 1k shock - 800 exo - 300 judge, but I feel fairly balanced after 3.1.1. I have 3282 HP atm (with PVP trinket on), and with the many rets giving Kings for super mana pool (and my 64 mp/5), I feel I should remove Gizlock in favor of Wall of the Dead to achieve 3382 HP.

10 stam > 10 int + 4 mp/5 now, only problem is I blew my money on enchants for Dragonscale shit and 12 stam on bracer, so gonna have to mine some more, or farm a lot of honor for gems. I'm also loving the new Aura Mastery, being able to cast safely in the vicinity of a mage without blowing my bubble is truly a blessing. I'm also getting the new Holy Shock glyph when I find one (BB FoL glyph).

In terms of other classes, I think we actually achieved a pretty good balance by now. Elemental Shamans can do some insane damage, but they are squish and OOM if they focus too much on SP, so I guess it's fair. I thought Arms would be totally OP, but I just make sure to use HoJ on them whether it's group or 1v1, so they don't cause too much misery before they get nuked.

Edit: Armory seems to be bugged (doesn't calculate talents). With Wisdom only I now have 64 mp/5, 308 spell power, 3282 HP, 3900 mana, 42% armor (I use Conc Aura now) and around 15% holy crit.

Justhealme said:
In terms of other classes, I think we actually achieved a pretty good balance by now. Elemental Shamans can do some insane damage, but they are squish and OOM if they focus too much on SP, so I guess it's fair.

We are not doing anymore damage then we have done before for the most part. We have more armor than ever before. If they are running OOM they don't know what they are doing. What makes the difference is we now have Earthbind Nova and a 4 second Flame/Frost Shock, and much more armor.

RickRude said:
We are not doing anymore damage then before... we now have a 4 second Flame/Frost Shock.

Yeah, whatever >_> An instant cast spell may also be why I'm being burst down by Elemental Shamans. Not saying they are overpowered, they are balanced IMO, just saying their PVP damage was upped, which is a fact :)

Also, I said they go OOM (and are squish^^) if they focus too much on SP. Most Shamans I see surpass Unrelenting Storm, and while they have Water Shield and keep it up, some run around with just above 3200 mana and virtually no mp/5 from gear.

Edit: Just wanted to mention, I've been playing Ele Shaman since 2.0.1 (see link below), and I know exactly when our damage have gone up and down ;)

My guildie [char=Skullcrusher]Gnomebeater[/char] has NO problem w/ mana w/ water shield AND the Green Dragonscale set bonus AND the Discerning Eye of the Beast trinket. Get a paladin w/ u and it's fuego...

Users who are viewing this thread