Immediate Reactions When You First Entered a BG After the Patch

Still a spell right? So it should still be able to eat a grounding, much like fear? I haven't tested it on my pally yet, mainly because shamans don't always drop their grounding totems...

*edit* - In class right now, I'll check it when I get home :p.

Krymore said:
I was on my sl/sl lock with 4500 health 340 spell power and lol'd at how much Ret Paladins are even easier to kill than when I was full affliction before this patch!!

Think SL/SL is still worth the 1,000g dual spec? I liked it before 3.1, but having fun with destro right now to go back to it.

Taitaih said:
Still a spell right? So it should still be able to eat a grounding, much like fear? I haven't tested it on my pally yet, mainly because shamans don't always drop their grounding totems...

*edit* - In class right now, I'll check it when I get home :p.

Grounding Totem has never absorbed Hand of Reckoning. This is a funny thread.

Taitaih said:
Think SL/SL is still worth the 1,000g dual spec? I liked it before 3.1, but having fun with destro right now to go back to it.

With 300 spell damage your critting conflags for 1700 as destro.

I like it.. but I didn't roll a warlock to play a glorified fire mage.

sl/sl is the bomb... with the new glyphs and talent changes I am loving it more and more.

I will still switch and play destro for pugs but for premades I am sticking with SL/SL

Alkaholic said:
Kry, u suck on ur palli...

LOL I love you moobs!! <3

I know I am horrible on my Paladin... I rarely play anything aside from my lock you know this.... but the good thing is though.. with this patch... I don't have to be good at Paladin to melt face as a Retnoob, I press 4 buttons and everything regardless of armor dies in 1 rotation aside from extremely talented warlocks and mages that run like the Olympic track team.

/giggle

RickRude said:
Grounding Totem has never absorbed Hand of Reckoning. This is a funny thread.

I am being told that shield and sword switch macro with spell power on it followed by hand of wreck did.

edit: I also got you a 12/12/ nocturnal of the monkey leather helm to xfer over for your 39!! <3

I believe you can still physically target the grounding totem and cast Hand of Reckoning. Grounding won't absorb it if you cast HoR on the Shaman. At least this was what I was getting pre-patch.

#showtooltip Hand of Reckoning

/targetexact Grounding Totem

/cast [harm, exists] Hand of Reckoning

/targetlasttarget

I was wondering if I was going crazy or not about that.

*edit - /targetlasttarget

Krymore said:
I am being told that shield and sword switch macro with spell power on it followed by hand of wreck did.

edit: I also got you a 12/12/ nocturnal of the monkey leather helm to xfer over for your 39!! <3

Sigh. Don't make me give away the bank.

1. HoR does scale with spell power but by very very little. In full holy gear we could only get it to hit for 15-20.

2. Even with enough spell power the totem will not be absorbed. You have to target the totem and kill it by doing 5 damage to it. Paladins at 80 have been qqing left and right about this since day one. Thankfully your average 49 noob does not follow real pvp well enough to know that this has been an issue.

<3. I am using Pith helm for enhancement but we have a few others that will love you for that helm.

Taitaih said:
I believe you can still physically target the grounding totem and cast Hand of Reckoning. Grounding won't absorb it if you cast HoR on the Shaman. At least this was what I was getting pre-patch.

#showtooltip Hand of Reckoning

/targetexact Grounding Totem

/cast [harm, exists] Hand of Reckoning

/targetlasttarget

I was wondering if I was going crazy or not about that.

*edit - /targetlasttarget

You are not going crazy that is how it worked; however HoR does not scale with AP it does with SP so a Ret paladin will not be able to do 5 damage to it. We tested it a ton and the most they could ever do in one hit was 1-2 damage. It was lols.

RickRude said:
Sigh. Don't make me give away the bank.

1. HoR does scale with spell power but by very very little. In full holy gear we could only get it to hit for 15-20.

2. Even with enough spell power the totem will not be absorbed. You have to target the totem and kill it by doing 5 damage to it. Paladins at 80 have been qqing left and right about this since day one. Thankfully your average 49 noob does not follow real pvp well enough to know that this has been an issue.

<3. I am using Pith helm for enhancement but we have a few others that will love you for that helm.

Ok well its on the mule toon to be brought over.

I also have aquired 2 green lens of healing. Some necromancer leggings and various other items I will tell you about on vent later on.

Krymore said:
Ok well its on the mule toon to be brought over.

I also have aquired 2 green lens of healing. Some necromancer leggings and various other items I will tell you about on vent later on.

I may or my not be on vent tonight or for a few weeks. We will see what happens. I am having a dispute with my cable provider right now. I swear Comcast is crazy.

RickRude said:
I may or my not be on vent tonight or for a few weeks. We will see what happens. I am having a dispute with my cable provider right now. I swear Comcast is crazy.

haha ok bro.. hope it all works out... and fast! :D

Krymore said:
haha ok bro.. hope it all works out... and fast! :D

Yeah I am not happy at all. I was actually having a ton of fun on my 49 last night. The most fun I have had since 2.3. I am very sad. In the middle of Wintergrasp last night my internet died and I have been throwing a fit at them ever since.

Luka said:
Just made this quickly with the rage template

LOL that is close for me there is two extra steps in there. I can't make and image but it goes something like this....

Look a paladin I hope he is too noob to cleanse. Frost Shocks then drops Earthbind Nova. Paladin doesn't cleanse and dies.

Rogue pops out and owns me.

But seriously in 49 holy SP paladins are raping atm

HoJ > Judge > Excorcism > Holy Shock > Consecrate > whatever else they use that rapes me

Krymore said:
I was on my sl/sl lock with 4500 health 340 spell power and lol'd at how much Ret Paladins are even easier to kill than when I was full affliction before this patch!!

4500 health? How did you get that? Even with the last patch and the best stamina enchants / gear my sl/sl lock only had 4200hp. I'm down to 3200 now after 3.1.

i can see skilled retadins becoming a major problem...

i played against a few bad ones today to see what it was like (i've met few good twinks in emberstorm at all)...i got hit by a 1k exorcism and a 500 judgement in a matter of seconds right off the bat. So im at half health without having done any decent dmg to him already. Luckily hes an idiot and bubbled immediately after i blinked his hammer of justice, so I just ice block. i out maneuver him and with a well placed mana shield i pyro->fireblast him for 2k and finish him off with some aoe, then dance on his body like "bitch skill > ret"

but anyone with 2 eyes and half a brain can tell that retadins became even more op, but theyre not impossible to beat. Probably classes without the kiting capability of a mage will have much more trouble.

Users who are viewing this thread