If you are still playing ... share your experience or thoughts with the 11-15 DF Prepatch...

sector3600

Veteran
  • As created items stay their ilvl and those that used the Relic of the Past 1 stayed ilvl 19. Even as Relic of the Past is still possible but relatively unless in post 11-15 pre-patch due to access to higher ilvl items.
    • Will Ghost Iron Dragonling be able to hold up?
      • When something like Primal Storms (limited time only until 11-28) gives 'Unstable Elemental Confluence' that at lvl 20 ~ ilvl 54 - give +7 primary and does damage and a bluff mix of Critical/Mastery/Haste/Versatility every 1 minute.
  • F2P characters are locked out of applying many of the pre-BFA enchants/thread/leg reinforcement. Includes the "Boon of the..." if ilvl over 60 ~ which sucks for F2P as no more Legion pet charms via Zookeeper without a Order Hall Mission or a under ilvl 60 shoulder (if one has access to heirloom shoulders these are ilvl 54 so still can apply the boon)
  • Still viable professions -
    • Vanila Alchemy for the Alchemist Flask still viable
      • Honorable mention -
        • BFA Alchemy with relic of the Past Siren's Alchemist Stone is ilvl 19 but when equipped:
          • Provides +3 Versatility
          • Equip: Increases the effect that healing and mana potions have on the wearer by 40%
          • Equip: When you heal or deal damage you have a chance to increase your Strength, Agility, or Intellect by for 15 sec.
        • Northend Alchemy for the Endless potion(s)
    • Cataclysm/Northend/Mists Engineering for the cloak and belt tinks ~ and Ghost Iron Dragonling socketed
    • Tailoring - Legion - easy for the 24 slot bags; other xpacs (pre-Shadowlands) nets and bandages.
    • (See update on Shadowlands may be where the F2P can re-cover some ground)
  • Current timeline stayed BFA but all the main BFA dungeons are queueable via Dungeon Finder. Helps F2P complete some of the professional quests - still not seeing much value with the professions besides enchanting, tailoring and alchemy for the transmutes/and Siren's Alchemist Stone
  • Nice to see that with Mark of honor the higher ilvl gems now give +2/+2 to F2P 20 when socketed
  • Don't bother with the 'welfare' Shado Pan ilvl 28 gear now requires level 21.
  • Dungeon drops between Vanilla to BFA are overall better especially if epic - Epic ilvl 87, Blue ilvl 61
    • Caveat some BFA and Shadowlands boss drops are not for one's specialization - I was getting cloth/intellect/leather/mail item instead of no drop as well as sometimes the plate or spec drop on my DK.
  • Do not replace your gear before logging off/on - some drops from Shadowlands were ilvl 100-139 then became ilvl 39-47 when logged back on. It seems that there is real time ilvl going on because items in void storage are ? marked unless fully loaded into realm and I have seen picking up a item change ilvl as it goes into inventory after a bit.
  • Not sure about the profession tool slot -
    • I was using a fishing pole and it disappeared and it was in the fishing profession journal slot.
      • Tested - Mastercraft Kalu'ak Fishing Pole going into the profession tool slot still provides the underwater breathing.
    • Also the Gnomish Army Knife doesn't seem to go into the profession tool slot - maybe because it still has the resurrection use ability.
UPDATE - 11-21 Hotfix ---
  • Shadowlands Professions are available to F2P if at least level 10 to learn.
    • Tailoring has 30/32 Slot bags with lower grind per se
    • Enchanting has interesting enchants to test
    • Engineering has the
      • Wormhole Generator: Shadowlands that currently only requires Shadowlands Engineering (1) but needs Honored with The Undying Army to purchase the schematic [not sure yet if reputation/convents are open to a F2P?]
        • Vet/Linked accounts may already have this toy unlocked with their Alts
      • Googles with Relic of the Past (note relic does not scale to match other items that have changed with scaling) so locks the crafted item to ilvl 19 on F2P

Last edited:
Ghost iron dragon will likely be a stat stick, the dragon that spawns now misses its lightning bolt and auto attacks for 1 damage.

Has anyone still playing got through the Shadowlands Campaign on their F2P?

My one character is I guess Convent/chapter 4 in Revendreth, so I haven't completed or encountered any character level "wall" yet.

I was wondering if faction reputation quests unlock or not?

Users who are viewing this thread