I would like opinions on prot dps BiS

Status
Not open for further replies.

soggy

Legend
link chardevs/armories, I want to compare my thoughts with yours. also I was thinking human(as always), however I was thinking worgen may be viable for mobility

Worgen > Human for Prot DPS.

Speed boost and extra crit gives Prot DPS a better advantage.

chardev 8 - WoW Cataclysm

If you have a draenei with you, then you can swap out the neck for the 9 str 9 stam neck. Also if you feel that crusader doesn't proc enough, then go straight str enchantment on the wep.

Also for more ToT abilities, you can replace mining with engineering and make the 4 second Stun Bombs.

Oh my...

You learn something new every day.

Free Pvp Trinket vs more mobility and crit.

1% extra crit and 40% speed boost on 2 min CD vs 2 min pvp trinket.

Also worgen have the best resistances, they get both shadow and nature resistance.

Tooh87 said:
From a pure DPS perspective, it's obviously worgen.

Good thing PvP is about DPS :)

When he says DPS, he means burst damage. Worgen's have the best ToT due to their 40% speed increase and their 1% extra crit helps with their DMG.

Even for FCing, Worgen's speed increase can be a lot more helpful than the human racial. And this is no different for endgame. I've seen Human warriors race change to Worgen because of their speed boost.

Maybe so, but the fact is that Worgen > Human for Prot DPS.

Still gonna disagree as you can't do any damage when you're sitting in a nova, or blinded, or trapped, or feared. Plus humans get expertise. AND if you're FC'ing, you'll be able to use 2 stam trinkets and still have a trinket for breaking cc's to get to the cap before a repick from the opposing team.

15 Get out of jail free cards per WSG as opposed to 5 per game. Human is the easy choice.

TS please go Worgen if you go alliance, I love facing people with 5min trinks.

Because trinketing a nova to get renova'd works. Pet nova, trink, charge, reg nova, trapped, free after a cpl sec, hit with talented cone (if you even make it), stuck again. The only diff a 2 min trink makes vs a 5 min trink is uses in a game (obviously). It's not going to guarantee something such as a 1v1 simply because they don't usually last that long. Sure more uses is good and all, but there's still the downtime where the added dmg and sprint can prove to be just as useful.

Trinket a trap just to get scattered, trinket a nova to be renova'd, trink a blind to get kidney'd or cheap shot, blahblahblah. A 2 min pvp trink is nice, but I'd say if you're going for straight dmg the extra dps you can get in between being kited or w/e would prove more valuable. Plus the fact that mobility is limited and even if you get out of one of those there isn't the guarantee you won't be slowed, and that sprint could be the game breaker, life saver, etc.

My opinion of course, and I'm no pro (especially in twink brackets) with all the scenarios and this and that. Just figured I'd explain my reasoning behind it.

No warrior should be stupid enough to 1v1 a mage or hunter anyways, so your argument is irrelevant. You're a prot warrior in wsg. Your job is to peel for your healers and screw w/ theirs, and to always always stay with a group. 2 minute trinket makes you that much more effective within a group.

There's a reason everyone hasn't suddenly gone worgen on their ally twinks. Human is flat out better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread