I want to roll a 39, many questions

1. What is the BG that 39s migrated too? {US Side} Most active 39 BG?

2. How long are the queue times for WSG and AB on that BG?

3. Can a 39 Twink Pretty much fund himself without help of DK or Main?

4. How viable are: Rogues, Shammys, Warriors and Hunters?

5. What faction needs more players in that BG?

6. How much gold you think would be invested in a good 39 Twink? or each class: Rogue Shammy Wrrior and Hunter?

Sorry for lots of questions, i know nothing bout 39s

Abrahms said:

6. How much gold you think would be invested in a good 39 Twink? or each class: Rogue Shammy Wrrior and Hunter?

Since I'll play EU I'll skip those involving US specific

3. Sure, just get mining/herb to earn enough gold to play the AH. I do think it would be better to level up a DK to get epic mount though.

4. They are all viable, shamans less so depending on spec.

6. No idea, 2k g at least. Warriors will be very expensive if you want to go for a 2H because of PoD (Pendulum of Doom). Really depends on server prices and the availability of the items you will have to buy.

Abrahms said:

1. Nightfall

2. pre-3.3 there were 2 WSGs up at one point everyday, queues weren't too bad. post-3.3 there was a lul in activity and i'm not sure how it was since then.

Abrahms said:

1. / 2. / 5. dunno

3. yes fo sure!

4. almost everything is viable in 39...in arena there are some classes/specs that stand out, but in BGs you can play everything (if done right).

rogues should be hemo, shammys resto and hunters surv/marks-mix. warriors are either arms/TfB or prot.

6. depends on server prices, but without a main to farm anything you will pay at least 1k to get enchants and 1 or 2 BoEs. arms warry that is not draenei and does not have BoAs will have to buy a PoD and LotV... rogues need at least one mongoose... prot warry needs a green tower like a shammy... hunters are pretty cheap if you dont have to pay for the boosts.

i would say warry > rogue/shammy > hunter, but that depends on how much gear you want... 1 set? 3 sets?

shammys own at 39 right? or is that 49?

and how are druids at 39?

Abrahms said:
shammys own at 39 right? or is that 49?

and how are druids at 39?

druids are horrible, dont go there...! they are awesome insane healers, but you die too quick. pure survival in the bgs

Abrahms said:

From the top (to add my answers in with everyone else, for comparison):

1. Nightfall, absolutely.

2. During evenings, no more than 25 minutes (i.e. one game) for WSG, and never for AB unless it's prearranged (unfortunately). I played for almost six hours straight yesterday, sitting out two or three games over the course of the evening, when I was on the wrong end of the rotation.

3. If you're patient and depending on the gear you want, yes. However, some BoE items (e.g. [ITEM]The Green Tower[/ITEM], the [ITEM]Underworld Band[/ITEM] are excruciatingly difficult to get on my nightfall server (Sentinels), in my experience so far. I made a 39 on another server, then transferred. Definitely worth it for me. In essence, it's not about money, but about time.

4. All four of those are viable if you know your class.

5. (I don't know)

6. Caster shamans are the only ones I can speak about. Depending on your gear choices, the vast majority can come from instance runs, so you'll spend more time than money. Outside nightfall, you can probably get BoE shaman caster gear for a total of 500G-1000G, depending on what you want. On nightfall, I've no idea. ...The bigger cost may be to level engineering -- expect a few hundred gold for that.

Hope this helps!

Bwappo

you can probably get BoE shaman caster gear for a total of 500G-1000G, depending on what you want.

This is very very server dependant...on Jaedenar for example youd have to expect 3 or 4 times the cost for the same BoEs due to the giant amount of twinks on that server.

Also, if you are looking to get into higher end items you could be looking at much much much higher amounts (stuff like pods and stat lenses cost a fortune.) So the prices are all relative to how far you want to take your twink as well.

Users who are viewing this thread