I thought people who turn off XP gain had their own BGs.

Hot Sauce

Legend
I was under the impression that people who turned off XP gain ended up playing in BGs only with those who also turned off XP gain? Is this still the case? I'm only curious because people often talk of 24s and I didn't think we'd play against them in normal BGs.

The bracket is 20-24............

Yes. But when they introduced XP gain turn off anyone who did that only played against those who turned off XP in their bracket. Anyone who was still gaining xp wouldnt be matched against them...

I guess i was under the impression that there were 24 twinks with xp turned off in the bracket just to pick on f2ps.... nvm if that's not the case. I was just curious.

It would be pretty awesome if F2Ps had their own bracket :)

It would make every player who isn't an arsehole happy, if XP locking put you in a bracket for just your level (it was suggested on forums by a 60 twink recently). I really don't think any reasonable person would care about what it would do to the queues (probably improve them, except for where the arseholes can't farm any more).

Hot Sauce said:
I guess i was under the impression that there were 24 twinks with xp turned off in the bracket just to pick on f2ps.... nvm if that's not the case. I was just curious.

There are 24 twinks with xp turned off in the bracket just to pick on F2Ps. I think your confusion (unaddressed by other answerers) may be in the realization that we too, as F2Ps, are automatically in the XP-off queue rather than the XP-on queue.

Ciroe said:
I think your confusion (unaddressed by other answerers) may be in the realization that we too, as F2Ps, are automatically in the XP-off queue rather than the XP-on queue.

Sort of.

Starter Edition WoW is treated like other Expansions of the game, meaning that the moment your toon hits the maximum level of the Expansion of the given account, it's carted off to the XP-Off queues. Before reaching maximum level your toon enters the regular queue, unless you 'hard-lock' its XP for 10 gold in Og/SW.

At least some of the 24's started as Horde being sick and tired of the inlfux of camping chaps wearing cyclops Hunters. Of course this didn't help much as Alliance saw it as an excuse to field 24's as well. Note that esp. a 20 Alliance Hunter should have little issue with dealing with most 24's.

Placing Locked toons in queues consisting of other Locked toons of their level has its merits, though for me personally 60 twinking just lost its point with old Azeroth gone (one of the many reasons I stopped paying).

Yasueh said:
If they did fly, then Blizzard could make them a flying mount.

I would totally get that mount.

Hot Sauce said:
I was under the impression that people who turned off XP gain ended up playing in BGs only with those who also turned off XP gain? Is this still the case? I'm only curious because people often talk of 24s and I didn't think we'd play against them in normal BGs.

I think your question has already been answered but just in case. Yes players who turn off their XP are in a bracket all their own. However level capped F2P 20's are in that same bracket since 20 is your level cap you are automatically put into the XP off bracket

LOLOLOL YES YES YES

Someone give him snuu snuu for that comment xD

Damn ciroe beat me to it i was reading and was like yay i might be able to answer. then i realized i can't :(

and Mucka Mad Boys DOES NOT pick on f2ps. we 3 cap in 5-10mins then leave.

Also i hate you hotsauce, Alliance huntard scum

Users who are viewing this thread