I think Runeblade of Rivendare got hit...

Guess I am finally breaking my years of lurking quietly, but I just farmed up a runeblade for a new DK today. I honestly didn't even pay attention to it, just slapped it on and threw an engraving on it, only to realize in my first fight that my passive healing looked... awful low. Imagine my surprise when I saw that the heal went from 288 to 43 per 5 sec.

I checked my paladin, who already had it, and that tooltip was the same and was working as it was before, so existing ones seem to be grandfathered. Assuming that it wasn't some weird fluke or something I did to screw up scaling (I honestly can't fathom what, but I over-analyze everything) then that's a big rip for any new plate-wearers. That huge self-heal was a massive boon to farming up your gear as a full f2p since The Trinkets™ are off the table for plate classes. :Sadge:

Attachments

• sadness.jpg
    sadness.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 91
Blizzard did something really wonky with the healing on that sword. For some reason, the regen amount for Warriors & DK's is based on INT. As a result, they get a much lower regen. With Paladins, however, it is based on STR which is why ret Paladins get a much higher regen.
Well that... definitely explains a lot then, and I shouldn't even be surprised. Guess I should have stayed lurking, lol, thanks for the explanation.

Afaik it scales on spellpower. And str is also spellpower for ret to power their heal, spells etc. that is why it scales better on pala than a class without spellpower. It still also scales with vers though.

The sword worked like this ever since they made the heal scale with those two stats.

Afaik it scales on spellpower. And str is also spellpower for ret to power their heal, spells etc. that is why it scales better on pala than a class without spellpower. It still also scales with vers though.
Ah, OK. That definitely makes a lot more sense. The first explanation I read about the difference in regen was how I explained it, and quite a few people chimed in, agreeing with that. All I could think was, why on Earth would anybody do it that way??? But if the regen is increased by spell power, and if STR does affect spell power for ret, then that makes a whole lot better sense.

Users who are viewing this thread