I guess gem old gear tonight if you're gonna...

How can it be? A iLvL 333 Item and the gems dont work? This Item is 2 weeks old ...

Probably because the item is really just a scaled up version of a lower and older item in the game (the anniversary gear and timewalking gear).

It's prob an oversight though. There will likely be people at endgame who will report it, too. So it's safe to say it will be fixed for 119s at least.

So it's safe to say it will be fixed for 119s at least.

I doubt it.
There's almost no reason to do it except players below cap, and almost everyone at cap will have replaced it by now.

edit- I replaced almost all mine in 2 hours when I leveled a 119 right after the anniversary ended... and base is going UP.

I dint know dungeon drops could do that. Whole new outlook for my 110 and 111 twi...errr… my 110 twinks.

edit- honestly, is that a thing? Almost literally all my dungeon loot has been azerite gear of the last bosses...

Seems like something the fun police could have "fixed" too already. (just kidding on the 111 part, its BFA gear!)

My 85 twink has the 9 strength and 40 strength gem on his gear still. I’m just going to assume the gems will be greyed out and become useless

Older content gear is grayed out tho, I have gloves from SoA I gemmed last night just to check today. Don't work.

edit- ilvl 192 trinket from Legion... gem doesnt work, legendary's does tho. Might be ilvl.

225 BoE from legion does work.

Was able to put a BfA gem into my anniversary 333 socket.... grayed out. Doesn't work. Guess it's not ilvl.

Last edited:
200 ilvl, not counting scaled anniversary items it seems. Anyone else found oddities that work or don't?

Can confirm that my 111 warriors +40 haste gems in old raid (Siege) gear are now greyed out. Man, what a huge nerf! No more super fast warrior w/ the boot legos. Guess I'll take him to 119... or just not bother. I don't get why. Was it really a negative impact on the rest of players? I didn't think anyone really cared.

Users who are viewing this thread