Hyper-Compressed Ocean as f2p?

Arpheton

Veteran
I got my Secret Fish Goggles today (last fish took me hours to catch). Is it possible to get the Hyper-Compressed Ocean as pure f2p?
For some fish you need access to mechagon I think?

no, i used a vet20 for the same. fish needed in nazjatar, tolbarad, argus, thunder isle, etc can't be reached

plus side is the part 2 of this achieve is account wide progression tracked, so if i ever sub or get free time, i have a few 60s that have the goggles and can finish the achieve

Can be summoned there tho.

The only one F2Ps can’t get right now is the Mechagon one, the one in a different phase.
That was my thought. So I'm going to collect alle I can get and wait if it maybe get's doable later.

I saw a twink with Hyper-Compressed Ocean, but he had a mechagon open (he had passed the BFA plot a long time ago), and he asked to teleport him to all other inaccessible places. He says while he was going through the dungeons he was looking for people who could teleport him to one place or another

If Alliance, Tol Barad is available via portal area near embassy in Stormwind.

The only ones that seems out of reach for most F2P currently (minus some possible Warlock portal):
Vets with BFA Mechagon questline done, do get the "future" version of Mechagon quest periodically.

But to note, one can actually find some of the secret fish via fishing someone's Hyper-Compressed Ocean. Yeah, it's a long process but it may unlock that one fish you can't find solo per se.

The only fish I have not fish out yet, via Hyper-Compressed Ocean is the Albino Cavefish, frustrating on F2P (non-Shaman) as currently that it's the last fish I needed for The Limnologist (hopefully that future mentioned shared achievement/reputation pre-patch mentioned around The War Within may resolve this). Many of the other ones were fished out of a Hyper-Compressed Ocean over time (except the seasonal ones; these seem to be based on the actual season being activate) so far not seen the Summer Bass during Fall/Winter as example from this toy.

this one too...https://www.wowhead.com/item=167723/thunderous-flounder

i tried going to areas that have thunder to see if there is a another zone, no luck

this one too...https://www.wowhead.com/item=167723/thunderous-flounder

i tried going to areas that have thunder to see if there is a another zone, no luck
Yes, I missed it as a location that not as accessible. Not seen it via Hyper-Compressed Ocean tables either, other secret fish I did catch that weren't listed as from it.

Users who are viewing this thread