Hybrids

well anyway a hybrid class is one who fufills more than one role so anything other than mage hunter rogue and warlock are hybrids.

I used to tank dungeons with my warlock pet. Hunters can do that, too. Wow! Hunters and warlocks are hybrids, too! But wait! Mages used to tank in Gruul's Lair!

By your logic, everything is a hybrid class.

For all intents and purposes, hybrid=non heals spec that can heal well, or heals spec that can dmg well.

My favs are disc and ret for this xpac. Ele sham was tons of fun before they removed mobile LB

I meant classes with off-heals.

I always thought of hybrid as class that does fights with physical weapons and can cast magic spells. I guess in WoW, that is just about every class, but the term did not originate in WoW. I my mind, I would never put physical classes such as rogues, hunters, or warriors in there, or any wizards. DKs would be a hybrid.

I think the best example of a hybrid class would be paladin, which was, as far as I know, a hybridization of the cleric and fighter classes from D&D. You had a limited number of spells from the cleric spell book, but used the fighter's base attack bonus tables. Ranger (or hunter in WoW), was a hybrid of fighter and druid classes. The term hybrid came from the fact that the class was literally a hybrid of two classes.

Using the more-than-one-role definition used by other in above posts, that would make priest a hybrid. I just don't see that. But if that's what we're going with, then priest.

haha, priest best hybrid class trololol.

Last edited by a moderator:
A class is considered hybrid when it can do different actions.

Like, you can Tank, and dps at the same time. Hybrid isn't 100 healing based.

I'd also point out any class that can perform roles other than it's intended role is a hybrid. Dps Tanks, Tanking casters, Healing tanks, Dps healers etc. Of course some are more viable than others, which change with each patch, each expansion. But all have existed at one point in time during WoWs lifespan.

Restoration Druids.

Weakest Healer or Strongest Hybrid?

:cool:

Restoration Druids.

Weakest Healer or Strongest Hybrid?

:cool:

Both. Weakest Healer and a very good hybrid. I can solo Arm Warrior, Rogue and most of the melee classes. The only one gives me problem to solo (same lvl, same gear) is the elem shaman. Also, never fight a boomkin solo, so I can't awnser for that one.

Ret paladins all the way imo. Excellent off heals and good dmg. The downside howerer is that they are a bit squishy compared to other melee classes like monks, warriors, rogues and druid ferals and therefore can be dpsed down pretty quickly if not kited properly or fakecasted against rogues or 24 lvl warriors.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread