Hunters: what are whistlin' at now that the bat aint all dat, a cat?

On my 19: I think a Ravager: Death Ravager - NPC - World of Warcraft. Haven't gotten it yet, but on horde, that would be cool.

On my 85: A bat in pvp, a bug for tanking, a spider to follow me around (I have a matching companion pet) and a cat for DPS and general bad-assery.

I went for a raptor because the skin of the raptor I have is red, which matches my tabard :3

I'm really glad that bat stun is gone now, hunters can vary in style now. I was tired of looking like every other hunter.

I ended up going with this: http://www.wowhead.com/npc=47680/rustberg-gull

OKAY, HOLY SHIT I AM HAPPY.

I paid someone to guild summon me to Tol Barrad, and I wasn't even in their guild. They then cleared the area for me so I could tame the level 5 gull. I had always assumed they were critters before reading on how badass they are as pets. They are so freaking tiny, it's smaller than my BoA Whelpling, which makes them very hard to target and... and... and it swoops around and glides freakishly and lets out that gull cry that makes you think of a lonely stretch of rocky beach, buried in the mists of the pacific northwest. It's just eerie, tiny, strange and asskickingly different. Plus it's a challenge to tame at our level, with the whole "every thing is level 85 in Tol Barrad, and I'm not even supposed to BE here" thing.

Congrats. Someone else mentioned getting a gull. I don't know if they did.

Debuff was taken away or that'd be the new goto pet.

pets that are noisy can be helpful too. i remember years ago rolling into 39 bracket where the hogs (#1 pet for 19/29's) disappeared. me and my friends were doing a mini made. 2 of the players on our team were getting stressed out by what the bats did at that time. they made a near constant screech sound. which imo sounded like incoming artillery rounds like you hear in war movies. same thing you heard in 19 bracket prior to bat stun, but back then the screech was near constant and believe had demoralizing effect?

one pet that recently comes to mind is the monkey, because before the nerf, monkeys were like the #1 pet at start of CATA. i remember in 70 BGs players in BG chat complaining how annoying they sound, get them to STFU, wishing they could /ignore pet sound, etc etc.

Opinion said:
Congrats. Someone else mentioned getting a gull. I don't know if they did.

Debuff was taken away or that'd be the new goto pet.

Yeah, it's borderline vanity, but... but... the fact that it's smaller than companions (and it's the *only* pet that is, making it the smallest pet in the game) actually creates a bit of confusion for opponents; the way the gull glides on attack (instead of flapping) makes it almost invisible, sometimes I don't even see it and I know it's there. On some level, that has to be an advantage, if only a tiny one. Pun intended...

shanker said:
pets that are noisy can be helpful too. i remember years ago rolling into 39 bracket where the hogs (#1 pet for 19/29's) disappeared. me and my friends were doing a mini made. 2 of the players on our team were getting stressed out by what the bats did at that time. they made a near constant screech sound. which imo sounded like incoming artillery rounds like you hear in war movies. same thing you heard in 19 bracket prior to bat stun, but back then the screech was near constant and believe had demoralizing effect?

one pet that recently comes to mind is the monkey, because before the nerf, monkeys were like the #1 pet at start of CATA. i remember in 70 BGs players in BG chat complaining how annoying they sound, get them to STFU, wishing they could /ignore pet sound, etc etc.

That's definitely one of the things I love about the gull, it has such a perfect "gull cry", it's so desolate and distracting. As of this writing, it's still rather new; you just don't see a lot of level 19 hunters with a gull, so hearing it on the battlefield provides a brief "wtf" moment. That's how I discovered it. I didn't even know I was being attacked by it, I was like "wtf is hitting me, is that a companion", and then I heard the gull cry, and I was like... "I love you..." ... and immediately left the BG to armory the attacking hunter so that I could track the pet.

I played 39s for the longest time. That bet screech made my ears bleed. How many players legit just said fuck it and tunnel visioned the bats within 50 yards.

tried to get a summons to tolbarad, said area not available. i'm on a BC account, and yes we controlled it and it was not in conflict. so for my 19 hunter will get a monkey

Opinion said:
Lmao. How many pets can you stable?

12 pets at 19 and roll into BGs with 2 to choose from

You can keep 20 pets in stable and 2 with you at lvl 19 (cata account, reading shankers remark I suspect this why he can only keep 12 in stable) So at lvl 19 you can collect 22 pets total.

Users who are viewing this thread