Hunters too overpowered? Again?

Super said:
Aspect of the Cheetah, at level 16.

Aspect of the Cheetah is more of a nerf than a buff if you know what your doing :p

blueisbetterthanyou said:
still extremely amazing if a hunter isnt dumb as shit

Most people that choose to play that class as their only twink... Well I'll leave the rest to your imagination.

To those that choose to get offended by what I said, I did say "most"

fearthelock said:
Most people that choose to play that class as their only twink... Well I'll leave the rest to your imagination.

To those that choose to get offended by what I said, I did say "most"

Eh, ive always done a pattern subconsciously when i make twinks,

It goes hunter, priest, rogue, then a half finished softie and something stops me.

Super said:
Eh, ive always done a pattern subconsciously when i make twinks,

It goes hunter, priest, rogue, then a half finished softie and something stops me.

I made my hunter for 2 reasons.

1. Takes one to know one.... playing one made it easier to learn how to take them down easier.

2. Hunter heavy WSG's. when their is one, I'll log out of my other twink and bring in my hunter to "even the field". Has worked nicely lol

A hunter with minor run speed cannot be caught by anything apart from sprinting rogues (and swiftness pots) pre patch. Now people can catch up to you while you are kiting (at which time you cant always use aspect yourself). Catching up to the enemy flag carrier sounds good, but I somehow expect more shamans and druids flagrunning this patch.

meh,

hunters were pretty great in pugs before.

i don't see AotC doing too much in premades.

~95% of hunters have no clue what they're doing and will be permadazed or not have AotC on much.

meh

Personally, I feel that I use Aspect of the Cheetah on my 19/29/39 to its maximum.

It can be used to catch up to EFC very quickly (assuming theyre not Drood or Shamy) as long as you stay separated from the enemy group.

As soon as I start kiting a melee class, I hit Aspect of the Cheetah. Combined with backstrafing, the 30% boost means they cant reach me at all. If I see them stop and begin the throwing or shooting animation, I have Aspect of the Hawk on a trigger reflex, so I swap out before the arrow/star gets to me. If you get really good at swapping between Cheetah and Hawk you can actually use Cheetah in fights against ranged/caster classes to your advantage as well.

Plus I have an addon that removes Aspect of the Cheetah as soon as I take non-periodic damage, meaning the stun will last as short as possible if I get rogue or druid ganked.

Alot of hunters dont know this but you dont have to do a cast to get rid of aspect of the dazed , so you can do it while oom or casting - just click the buff.

It's the hall mark of a true nub to just stand there gunning down people while perma dazed ( yes, even if you win :p )

personnally, giving AotC to a hunter was not even near giving a druid its travel form...

but even that was not much considering that we'd need to slow him down to force the switch back and forth. but the worst mistake they ahve done was to give the shaman ghostwolf with improoved abilities, which is now that ghostwolf is up and then cannot be slowed, shamans just take the flag instant ghostwolf once outside and cruis to the other side even with 4 people against them.

now that was a giant mistake...

giving ghostwolf is one thing, but giving it immunity to slow effect was just dumb !

AotC is nothing, because in combat, everything can daze us... even good hunters won't be using it in combat. those who say they slow you and then backpedal with cheetah on... those are whack and dont know a thing about hunters. in the current game, putting AotC on is only good when trying to catch the fight or the EFC. not during a fight or at least very rarely !

I like how you call others nubs when you:

a: Do not realise aspects costs no mana anymore

b: Advertise clicking while pressing your keybind for an Aspect while this one is already enabled also removes it.

Sepharine said:
I like how you call others nubs when you:

a: Do not realise aspects costs no mana anymore

b: Advertise clicking while pressing your keybind for an Aspect while this one is already enabled also removes it.

Oh I'm sorry if I hit a nerve there - I've not played my hunter for ages since they were easy mode even before the removal of the deadzone and they've been steadily buffed ever since. I play for the challenge not to face roll people.

Even so standing still gunning down people while perma dazed makes you a noob regardless, heck even more so if there is an easier way to remove the aura.

I've only played a few BG's since the patch, but as a lock, I see AotCheetah as bad news. It seems to give hunters that little bit of extra range on my fear cast timer that renders it useless. My only chance against hunters is to dot, dot and then get that fear off while they are still within range. They are now gettin away too fast.

Patrick said:
Alot of hunters dont know this but you dont have to do a cast to get rid of aspect of the dazed , so you can do it while oom or casting - just click the buff.

It's the hall mark of a true nub to just stand there gunning down people while perma dazed ( yes, even if you win :p )

This is better.

Code:
/cancelaura Aspect of the Cheetah

blueisbetterthanyou said:
still extremely amazing if a hunter isnt dumb as shit

ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Users who are viewing this thread