Hunters be ready for cataclysm

ArthurianKnight said:
i really wonder how many people will be yelling out loud to blizzard when they will get their gears removed from the game or replaced by similar gears that are just not good enough.

advice, cataclysm includes changes of QUEST... keyword being "CHANGE" that means that with desolace changing from desolate lands to tropical forest like will most likely change the quest of the area and thus gears might not be the same anymore.

go ahead get yourself the arrows or bullets, but dont expect them to be anywhere near availlable after cataclysm. just like certain gears in this game, it might happens that those gears disappear all together.

thats why its ridiculous to think about cataclysm right now.

as for the change to ammo slot...

its been said by blizzard that it was supposed to be in 3.3 but was too big of a change cause it currently changes a hell of a lot into the game. but they its 100% sure that it will be in cataclysm. that said, its not a myth anymore !

What?

Bro, how do you manage to stray MILES off the topic while still talking about the same thing? I'm in awe.

If they add levels put them in your ammo slot right before cata goes live, it will have the level req but that doesn't madder because it won't unequpt it for you.

McBankington said:
If they add levels put them in your ammo slot right before cata goes live, it will have the level req but that doesn't madder because it won't unequpt it for you.

You won't be able to use it. Just like every other slot in the game. It simply counts as not there.

ArthurianKnight said:
i really wonder how many people will be yelling out loud to blizzard when they will get their gears removed from the game or replaced by similar gears that are just not good enough.

advice, cataclysm includes changes of QUEST... keyword being "CHANGE" that means that with desolace changing from desolate lands to tropical forest like will most likely change the quest of the area and thus gears might not be the same anymore.

go ahead get yourself the arrows or bullets, but don't expect them to be anywhere near availlable after cataclysm. just like certain gears in this game, it might happens that those gears disappear all together.

thats why its ridiculous to think about cataclysm right now.

as for the change to ammo slot...

its been said by blizzard that it was supposed to be in 3.3 but was too big of a change cause it currently changes a hell of a lot into the game. but they its 100% sure that it will be in cataclysm. that said, its not a myth anymore !

LOL I'm gonna refrain from picking this apart entirely. Gear won't be removed, its not a piece of random holiday junk with a duration associated with it. Things have the possibility of being changed, having a lvl req put on it, or becoming no longer obtainable.

There are probably going to be a good amount of quests that will either be changed or scrapped altogether. Additionally, there will be more quests with different rewards available to twinks, but not necessarily best in slot items.

As far as equipping it b4 as to try to avoid blizz change that would make it not equippable, IAT is spot on. Sure it would be in the slot but it wouldn't function as intended. On mouse over It would probably be in red and you'd most likely get the error message of no ammo in the paper doll ammo slot.

so, what you're saying is that cataclysm will be just another expansion adding a few gears and here and there and not changing anything !

got a news for you...

last time they removed a gear from the game and twinks had it grand-fathered... it was criticised like hell and eventually removed entirely form the game, aka old naxx enchants. now since STV will be flooded and thus changed probably entirely. it means quest might not be there, thus AGM might not be availlable at all, but since its gonna be grand fathered to old twinks, then its all gonna be find for those not able to get it right !

you seriously lack the vision to analyse the situation, blizzard are not just adding a new expansion like all others, they are changing the whole thing. yes, maybe the gears will still be there, but with all the change of gears, you're lucky fishing hat might not end up with 15 stam at the end. would you really keep that up if there was a thing better then it ?

truth be, they will change the quests, the dungeons and the gears... this is not something worth arguing over as they already said they would change most if not all the gears. thus your so called twink, will need to be reequipped entirely when cata comes out.

so why bother trying to keep thiungs has they are or taking the time to think nothing will change.

those arrows i'll get anyway, i agree everyone should, but if were you, i'd not put my hopes on it being any good after cata comes out. because there are a lot hell of a lot of things that will change.

my point in simple words... wait for it to appear on the ptr before speaking of it.

ArthurianKnight said:
so, what you're saying is that cataclysm will be just another expansion adding a few gears and here and there and not changing anything !

got a news for you...

last time they removed a gear from the game and twinks had it grand-fathered... it was criticised like hell and eventually removed entirely form the game, aka old naxx enchants. now since STV will be flooded and thus changed probably entirely. it means quest might not be there, thus AGM might not be availlable at all, but since its gonna be grand fathered to old twinks, then its all gonna be find for those not able to get it right !

you seriously lack the vision to analyse the situation, blizzard are not just adding a new expansion like all others, they are changing the whole thing. yes, maybe the gears will still be there, but with all the change of gears, you're lucky fishing hat might not end up with 15 stam at the end. would you really keep that up if there was a thing better then it ?

truth be, they will change the quests, the dungeons and the gears... this is not something worth arguing over as they already said they would change most if not all the gears. thus your so called twink, will need to be reequipped entirely when cata comes out.

so why bother trying to keep thiungs has they are or taking the time to think nothing will change.

those arrows i'll get anyway, i agree everyone should, but if were you, i'd not put my hopes on it being any good after cata comes out. because there are a lot hell of a lot of things that will change.

my point in simple words... wait for it to appear on the ptr before speaking of it.

I didn't say they wouldn't be changing anything. In fact its quite the opposite. Why do you think this thread was created? to address the one of the CHANGES that will be coming maybe? an enchant is not gear. and also it wasn't removed. Its possible that someone out theres still has a naxx enchant and just never actually applied it. Of course it's of no use to twinks anymore because they put a requirement on it.

I'm not sure what else you are trying to argue here but your ability to communicate, whatever it is, is seriously lacking. The overall feeling I get from reading your post, besides cringing, is some sort of warning message saying $&$^& your guess is as good as mine. Anyone want to translate the message or agree?

When cata comes out you won't be replacing every piece of gear. You may end up getting more sets for different situations especially with reforging coming into play. All the more reason to go and get multiple items now. You may end up having 3 of the item but having it forged 3 different ways. Hmm can you reforge a fishing hat to have Int instead of stam? Its pretty early yet to see what all the guidelines or which slots are available for this new aspect of the game. I'm guessing that a lot of the best in slot gear post 4.0 will involve reforging.

iaccidentallytwink said:
You won't be able to use it. Just like every other slot in the game. It simply counts as not there.

Yup, it'll be like leg patches and fishing boots all over again. You will still have it equiped but you wont get any stats from it.

ArthurianKnight said:

got a news for you...

The biggest change they'll be making to low level gear that we know of atm is more efficient itemization... this we've seen a lot of already with moving Spirit off of Strength and Agility gear. We may also see strength removed from Agility Leather as well, or agility on strength mail replaced with crit rating, and combined with the change to Hunter Focus, int may disappear from Agility Leather as well. Additionally, a lot of new gear will be introduced through quests while some old gear from quests may get removed. Which ones get removed or not, we don't know at this moment... but in the case of fishing hat and AGM, I feel we shouldn't worry too much since they did put the fishing contest on the fishing meta and the Gurubashi Arena is something still quite popular to take on for Achievement whores.

Their stats are also beneficial for any class so I don't see the stats being changed on either of them as well. I do believe though that we'll see the introduction of a larger selection of helm gear to pick from in the future since the pool is so limited at present.

ArthurianKnight said:

got a news for you...

Please refrain from posting garbage like you usually do. If you haven't noticed the devastating changes that Blizzard has done to completely prevent grandfathering this expansion, just get the fuck out, now.

funy how you speak of me putting garbage like that, but you just stand there and like to pick others appart for no reason.

Conrose, you just said exactly the same thing i did.

gears will change and thus why trying to know whats in there before the PTR comes, we'll be fixed when it will be on PTR. aside from that speaking of cata has no reason to be.

also about fishing hat and arena grand master...

granted they might simply change things around, but i doubt them to keep the fishing tourney. why ? because booty bay will be gone. we already know that much because its the hometown of goblins and they say it will be gone. i keep that in mind when i say lucky fishing hat might not be there anymore. and even if it is, it might not stay best in slot because there will also be BoA for the head slot.

AGM, if the change to STV happens, the arena might not survive. emphasis on "MIGHT NOT" survive. and thus AGM quest might not be there anymore. thats also why i say its useless to talk about cata before we got proof, because right now... nobody give true facts, all they do is supposed and be prepared on suppositions.

i'll be simply waiting on PTR. then have about 2-3, heck even 6 months to prepare myself for what i'll know be true !

Secclusion said:
If they haven't capped it now I don't see why they'd cap it later. Although they have done some things that make you scratch your head.... like the fishing boots.

I think they won't cap it. If they do, who cares? You haven't lost anything besides time.

ArthurianKnight said:
because booty bay will be gone. we already know that much because its the hometown of goblins and they say it will be gone.
Are you sure the Steamwheedle Cartel (Booty Bay Goblin's) isent just natural to both horde and allaince and that "horde goblins" will be another faction. Just like there's diffrent human (for example) "factions". If blizzard say it will be gone, go ahead prove me wrong by linking us to the post.

ArthurianKnight said:

got a news for you...

Probably will get nerfed, a la the ZF mallet. but hey, might as well keep one in your bag, blizz does fuck up all the time.

Diisel, blue post have been menitonning a lot since 3.1 that they had plans in getting rid of ammunitions. you're a bit late. that was supposed to be in 3.2 but decided quite fast to back it up for 3.3, but then it hapenned to be a lot harder then they though considering the number of gears and how it works, so they decided to push that even further and make it cataclysm material.

as for the goblins home destruction...

Sure, they are goblins of kezan, which is totally different from the steamweedle cartel... but the fact remains that the home of goblions, up to this point was BOOTY BAY. but then again we'll see later on when it will be on PTR.

i'm just saying that i am quite sure, that with the changes to STV, booty bay might not be there anymore, just like the changes to orgrimmar and the major cities.

What kind of updates do you have planned for talent trees? Will any other new character progression options be available?

Our plan is to update all of the talent trees, in some cases dramatically, as well as add new talents where appropriate. We don’t plan to make the individual talent trees go deeper than 51 points, because we want to provide players more flexibility to pick up some talents in other trees. Instead, we’re introducing a new form of alternate character progression that we’re calling the path system. The idea is similar to talents, but rather than earning points on a per-level basis, players will earn points to assign by completing quests, defeating certain raid encounters, and completing other objectives in the game. Paths will be shared among multiple classes and themed around the Titans, creators of Azeroth, such as Aman’Thul, Aggramar, or Khaz’goroth (among others).

that just makes me think outside te box now, talent points might not be availlable per level as it was before , but by the quests. that might help people now getting more talent points at low level. this might proove a better thing for twinks.

ArthurianKnight said:
because booty bay will be gone. we already know that much because its the hometown of goblins and they say it will be gone.
ArthurianKnight said:
i'm just saying that i am quite sure, that with the changes to STV, booty bay might not be there anymore, just like the changes to orgrimmar and the major cities.
Im just saying, Im sure you arent a reliable resorce.

Also if talent points are from quest then gonna put req lvl on them.

Elocon, i have never said, anywhere that my sayings were the very fact !

but as far as i know, you're no where near knowing the truth either !

as for talents, why not... in the text i just said they are trying to make talents not part of the leveling process but more like a path you choose and the best way to do this, since they even say themselves, will be by gaining points from quests, just like DKs does for a while.

you might say i'm not a good source, bu what i posted in the quoted zone comes directly from the world of warcraft website, you know the original website. the one you actually create accounts on. its in their faq up there. sur it can be anything else, but from what they are saying, and have been saying at the blizz con conference. they wanted to change the way the leveling process worked, and to take their words on it... they have enough of seeing people wating to be this or that level just to get the talent they want, and would try to change that into something better.

this quote prooves it, we might get talents by doing quests instead of a per level basis.

this is just an assumption, true... but that assumption is backed up at least. unlike saying that AGM and Fishing hat will still be there whatever happens when you know things will change in that area.

ArthurianKnight said:

as for talents, why not... in the text i just said they are trying to make talents not part of the leveling process but more like a path you choose and the best way to do this, since they even say themselves, will be by gaining points from quests, just like DKs does for a while.

you might say i'm not a good source, bu what i posted in the quoted zone comes directly from the world of warcraft website, you know the original website. the one you actually create accounts on. its in their faq up there. sur it can be anything else, but from what they are saying, and have been saying at the blizz con conference. they wanted to change the way the leveling process worked, and to take their words on it... they have enough of seeing people wating to be this or that level just to get the talent they want, and would try to change that into something better.

this quote prooves it, we might get talents by doing quests instead of a per level basis.

this is just an assumption, true... but that assumption is backed up at least. unlike saying that AGM and Fishing hat will still be there whatever happens when you know things will change in that area.

Don't wana sound like an ass but you really need to shut the hell up.

ArthurianKnight said:
Yes, we all know that!
ArthurianKnight said:
Im just saying, I know that you know that I know that you arent a reliable resorce.

ArthurianKnight said:
you might say i'm not a good source, bu what i posted in the quoted zone comes directly from the world of warcraft website, you know the original website. the one you actually create accounts on. its in their faq up there. sur it can be anything else, but from what they are saying, and have been saying at the blizz con conference.
Well start fucking using links then rather than nagging about this is true, "we already know that much".
ArthurianKnight said:
they wanted to change the way the leveling process worked, and to take their words on it... they have enough of seeing people wating to be this or that level just to get the talent they want, and would try to change that into something better.
THIS IS NOT A QUOTE. A quote is; The exact words of your subject (the interviewee). Thats just what you say they said, that's no quote its some kinda paraphrase.

Blizzard on World of Warcraft: Cataclysm - FAQ 20/1-10 said:
Instead, we’re introducing a new form of alternate character progression that we’re calling the path system. The idea is similar to talents, but rather than earning points on a per-level basis, players will earn points to assign by completing quests, defeating certain raid encounters, and completing other objectives in the game. Paths will be shared among multiple classes and themed around the Titans, creators of Azeroth, such as Aman’Thul, Aggramar, or Khaz’goroth (among others).
Thats a quote (from World of Warcraft: Cataclysm - FAQ), that say you gonna get path system points by doing diffrent objectives. Nothing, at all (on offical wow cata FaQ), states that they gonna change talent points into something you gain from quests.

ArthurianKnight said:

Lets repeate that was not a quote, its some kinda paraphrase, it was prob "backed up" by the reliable resorce on bullshit dot com or something like that. For the record I havent said that AGM and Fishing hat was going to be "there" forever.

Users who are viewing this thread