Hunters are far from OP........be real

shanker said:
in this BG i decided to test the AS, i picked honeybush (big mistake) i marked, got a sting, arcane shot, concussive. she was still coming at me i did a scatter, jumpedback to do the AS, it hit her for 900ish, she used 3 HP's she had built up on a WG - full health, sealed me, HOJ, 2 exo's and i was one dead punk hunter.

All I see in this anecdote is you getting pwned on your untwinked hunter by a better player playing a twinked pally, and you're surprised? REALLY????

shanker said:
i decided to take a idle hunter which i haven't played in a long time, respec into MM to see what all the hype is about.

as i have said before players whining doesn't always tell the truth, screenshots and knowing what really happened concerning both sides lies the truth

here is one screenshot of damage at the end, one of healing. btw horde had a troll hunter who bailed after the second flag cap, game was a 3 vs 3 hunter game till that

point, he was second highest damage after the WARLOCK when i checked the stats. this also was a 10-10 game, horde also had a rogue that bailed and got replaced.

here is the test, do you think you can be honest, and say what really won this BG?

View attachment 727

View attachment 726

in this BG i decided to test the AS, i picked honeybush (big mistake) i marked, got a sting, arcane shot, concussive. she was still coming at me i did a scatter, jumpedback to do the AS, it hit her for 900ish, she used 3 HP's she had built up on a WG - full health, sealed me, HOJ, 2 exo's and i was one dead punk hunter.

priests got a killer bubble now. they take forever to remove, then it's right back up

concerning rogues, wasn't the hunters waxing them in this game. they died mostly on flag return attempts (both sides) i killed only 2 rogues in this game, and got killed 4 times by rogues

View attachment 729

I think you're doing something wrong or purposely doing bad. Marks isn't anywhere near bad.

Bankshawt - that's the feedbacks I'm getting as well. I think he might've done something wrong :p

Anyway, off to bed!

Peace guys,

I was in that match on my hunter, lagging badly. What shots I was able to get off, my aimed shots were only hitting 900 crits. not sure what the problem is. check my gear, its not crap. tried it a few times on critters and what not in Elwynn Forest and hit 1290 crits, but still nothing close to the 1600-1700s people are claiming. Is there something Im missing or are they just not doing what they should be damage wise?

curleypwnsu said:
brah your acting like critting for 900 is bad LMAO :)

No, its not bad, but subpar compared to whats being reported by others. Just wanna know why Im coming up that much less on dmg.

Dodgeyou said:
No, its not bad, but subpar compared to whats being reported by others. Just wanna know why Im coming up that much less on dmg.

Read the tooltip on rapid killing, it's an aptly named talent.

Dodgeyou said:
I was in that match on my hunter, lagging badly. What shots I was able to get off, my aimed shots were only hitting 900 crits. not sure what the problem is. check my gear, its not crap. tried it a few times on critters and what not in Elwynn Forest and hit 1290 crits, but still nothing close to the 1600-1700s people are claiming. Is there something Im missing or are they just not doing what they should be damage wise?

"Bravado" Cologne - Item - World of Warcraft i will leave this here...

I havent been on since the patch but, I was wondering if MM could now compete with Survival for best spec? In my opinion a 2.4 sec cast for your main damaging move is pretty crap, even if you could supposidly hit ~1.5k, but i could be wrong. Im pretty sure i could pull off that kind of dps as survival in the amount of time it takes to cast aimed shot, but due to not being able to move aimed shot seems impractical.

Rivfader said:
Read the tooltip on rapid killing, it's an aptly named talent.

good idea, ill make sure and use that,... when i hit 54...

edit, misread what u said. thought u were referring to rapid fire

If you play a hunter atm, you're garbage and aiding in the destruction of this bracket. Btw, that includes you also Pizza

PLUT0NIUM said:
I havent been on since the patch but, I was wondering if MM could now compete with Survival for best spec? In my opinion a 2.4 sec cast for your main damaging move is pretty crap, even if you could supposidly hit ~1.5k, but i could be wrong. Im pretty sure i could pull off that kind of dps as survival in the amount of time it takes to cast aimed shot, but due to not being able to move aimed shot seems impractical.

Oh yea. A 40yard-ranged execute with a 2.4sec cast is pretty crap...you're right.......

PLUT0NIUM said:

If you're playing against another survival hunter, the survival hunter will likely win. However, if you're able to stay decently far away from people and not have them interrupt you it's GG. (Rogues/mages are probably the worst case scenario with shadowstep/blink .)

Just close this thread! Too much blasphemy saying hunters are FAR from overpowered. It's like saying shamans have Overpowered heals.

keep in mind, aimed shot isn't the only problem with hunters.. theres also the stuns, slows, disengage..

PLUT0NIUM said:

You're wrong. The only thing Survival has going for it is more mobility, and more reliable damage against mail targets. Against clothies/leather wearers, aimed shot cuts through players like butter. Even holy paladins will go OOM under a barrage of endless aimed shots if they don't have support. Having a MM on your team dedicated to taking down healers means that healer will have to cut all heals from other players just to stay alive, and then they will die anyway as they won't be able to keep up with the damage.

Users who are viewing this thread