Hunter weapon in cata?

zackjdl

Legend
I've been browsing around and I can't seem to find a weapon that would be best for hunters in cata. The current hunter weapons, i.e. Dignified Headmaster's Charge, Twisted Chanters Staff, etc., are going to become obsolete because hunters don't need intellect.

Are we going to be reduced to using a green weapon with 5/5 Monkey?

Also, does anybody know if hunters are getting dual wield? I know warriors and shaman are getting dual wield at lvl 10, but I was wondering if hunters were also getting this.

Thief's Blade + OH if there isn't DW,

Otherwise Thief's Blade x2, or Thief's Blade/Cruel Barb if there is.

BaR!

Stam + Crit + slow weap for strikes (high top end)= not too shabby.

If not, Massive Battle Axe of Power seems pretty cool, since AP is staying on weapons.

Orcgasm said:
Thief's Blade + OH if there isn't DW,

Otherwise Thief's Blade x2, or Thief's Blade/Cruel Barb if there is.

Just wanted to point out a few things/flaws about what u said

If we got Thief's Blade + OH (Furblog Medicine Pouch would probably be best) and I enchant +15 agility on weapon, total stats would be: 22 Agility/10 Stam.

Or, if we got the Massive Battle Axe of the Monkey with +25 agility, the total stats would be: 30 Agility/5 Stam.

I would personally prefer the 30/5 over the 22/10 (not to mention, better melee damage with the 2h)

Also, if we can DW, Thief's blade is a unique-equipped.

Twerk said:
If not, Massive Battle Axe of Power seems pretty cool, since AP is staying on weapons.

I also want to point out that 1 Agility = 2 AP in Cataclysm. Massive Battle Axe of Power = 16 AP. Massive Battle Axe of Agility = 8 Agility.

8 Agility > 16 AP because agility gives the same AP, but agility also gives crit and dodge.

So basically, has anybody found anything better than:

Massive Battle Axe of Agility (+8 Agil) + 25 Agility Enchant

or

Massive Battle Axe of the Monkey (5/5) + 25 Agility Enchant

(Assuming DW is not added)

Also cata.wowhead is claiming that in cataclysm hunters can use maces. In that case repurposed lava dredger with its new stats of (probably) 6agi, 10stam, 4crit and 4 haste would make it top dog. I do remember reading somewhere that they were ammending which classes could use various weapon classes in cata. brb google.

Users who are viewing this thread