Hunter stats my need some reconsidering.

9064 damage with 65 auto attacks with fang gloves, 8455 damage with 65 auto attacks with wind riders golves! WTF IS THIS! I had a debate and tested this theory with no other gear on but the Upgraded Dwarven Hand Cannon. The difference between these items is one has 6 agility 4 stam while the other has 5 stam 5 crit. This could make us rethink the setup gears for hunters. Although the results arent perfict because it is surposed to be out of 1000. The scale is about the same.

So yeah Augiddin was right, /shrug was good listening to the vent discussions on it.

Don't most hunters already wear fang gloves? Playing hunter in even a semi-competitive game is all about bursting the enemy down through heals or before heals can get off, though, which is why crit is so nice for surv hunters.

It tested out the same with warlock dots - raw spellpower outperforms crit rating.

Last edited by a moderator:
Might be good trying it with a fully geared hunter.

Dorigon is quite correct. This is not PvE; 19s are NOT about overall damage. Of course the 6 agility would be superior to 5 crit in the long run, but as far as burst goes, the 5 crit is much better.

Prove that 6 agi is better for burst and then hunters will begin to rethink gear setups.

Dorigon is quite correct. This is not PvE; 19s are NOT about overall damage. Of course the 6 agility would be superior to 5 crit in the long run, but as far as burst goes, the 5 crit is much better.

Prove that 6 agi is better for burst and then hunters will begin to rethink gear setups.

You can actually figure out the relative value of agility and crit in terms of damage per explosive shot if you assign each to a variable and theorycraft at two different levels of agi and crit, only using explosive shot and doing a LOT of explosive shots.. or only filtering the explosive shot damage if it's impossible to explosive shot without autoattack turning on. I would do it myself if I had a hunter.

(Agi number 1)x + (Crit percent 1)y = total dmg 1
(Agi number 2)x + (Crit percent 2)y = total dmg 2

One question before I try this; seeing as Unmitigated Gloves of Badassery are BiS, what gear setup are you using that fits in Gloves of the Fang/Wild Rider's Gloves?

In a premade its all about whos healers oom first and who wins mid, If you can oom their healers first it will change the set up for 19 hunters.

Sneaky the set up can only be tested properly by discover cause he has the BoA ring. Thats why i could only use the golves with nothing else to consider a constant with like hit cap and stuff

In a premade its all about whos healers oom first and who wins mid, If you can oom their healers first it will change the set up for 19 hunters.

Winning mid means killing people, which is done through burst.

Sneaky the set up can only be tested properly by discover cause he has the BoA ring. Thats why i could only use the golves with nothing else to consider a constant with like hit cap and stuff

I don't get why. If that was the case then this whole test would only be applicable to hunters with the BoA ring, which is only Discover.

The test was done with 35 explosive shots on level 1 dummies with 100% Hunter's Mark uptime. I used Pizza's BiS setup and swapped out the gloves. Although I wouldn't be hit capped for 19's, the dummies are level 1 and I am hit capped for that. The only thing that was changed were the gloves, nothing else.

Pay attention only to the Explosive Shot damage, seeing as my Steady Shot usage was not consistent for both.

Using Gloves of the Fang:

FangESrecount.jpg

Using Wild Rider's Gloves:

WildRiderESrecount.jpg

Your actually crit disparity is less then 1% but the test had a disparity of nearly 5%, obviously sample size to small.

With the disparity so large but the difference in explosive shot damage so tiny, agility does look rather good.

You are both correct about the disparity. However, as far as that testing goes Auggidin, that would be more for a PvE situation. It would be better to do anywhere from 5-10 of these small pool tests seeing as it would be more correct in relativity to 19 WSG.

Did some math and here's what I came up with:

Wild Rider's Gloves:

Using this data from recount:

147 non-crit average.

295 crit average.

147 x 60.29 = 8862.63

295 x 39.71 = 11714.45

8862.63 + 11714.45
= 20,577.08

Gloves of the Fang:

151 non-crit average.

302 crit average.

151 x 61.24 = 9247.24

302 x 38.76 = 11705.52

9247.24 + 11705.52
= 20,952.76

That would be the damage for both for 100 ticks, in theory. For a larger number of ticks, like 600 ticks, just multiply the values I came up with by X/100, where 600 would be X.

Users who are viewing this thread