Hunter - Pure survival or mixed with MM?

Mulle

OG
Hello fellow twinks.

First of all, I would like to say; HAI! because I just joined the forums. ^^

Well, back to topic. Since I've decided to go survival with my hunter, I dunno wether I should mix it with MM or just go pure survival. I've made some specs which I think is suitable, so I would like to hear your opinion.

If I go with the survival build, I'm gonna get 20+ agi on each ribsplitter, but if I go with the MM/survival build, I'll get intellect on each weapon.

Deep survival:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=cZZcbuio0IhxuV

MM/Survival:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=cZ0eV0oZcbuio0Ih

Thanks!

Oh, and just another thing, do you think it would be suitable for a deep MM hunter to get Darkmoon Executioneer with savagery on, for pure AP?

Welcome to twinkinfo Mulle!

There's pretty much no right or wrong answer here with which one is better. Wyvern sting would give you a better CC, but Aimshot is a better utility debuff. Whichever one you prefer.

BM is the top DPS spec right now, but your pet does all the work.

Well, I'm going to play with a holy paladin and a MS warrior, so the 50% less healing will not be a problem.

I don't like the idea of my pet doing the work to be honest. o:

Mulle said:
Well, I'm going to play with a holy paladin and a MS warrior, so the 50% less healing will not be a problem.

how will you lose?!

on topic, personally i think that imp concuss/extra crit/1 AP per int are all great talents and you should put at least 8 points into marks because of this.

the deep survival talents don't seem that great besides the wyvern sting. that one that gives you 25% of your agility in AP...on a proc?! the 1 AP per int is way better.

not changing many of your talents, but working around with the balance of surv/marks, running with an MS warrior you could go with a spec like this: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=cZ0eZcbuio0Ihxz

since you have a holy paladin with you, i would think that health doesn't matter as much. maybe consider http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=cZ0ezZcbIbsohuxz or something of the like

/shrug

Well, I will be seeing an insane amount of crit chance, since I will he aiming for crit and agility, so it will proc quite often i recon. But I think I'll be trying 'em both out, just curious you're opinion. ^^

Mulle said:
Well, I will be seeing an insane amount of crit chance, since I will he aiming for crit and agility, so it will proc quite often i recon. But I think I'll be trying 'em both out, just curious you're opinion. ^^

well if you have 50 int and 200 agility, the int talent is still better.

If you can find axe of rin'ji's and put 30 int on them, that's a nice way to go for an 0/8/xx build. You'll have a large mana pool for the long fights. Ribsplitters work just as well.

Anything after wyven sting is kinda lackluster. Once you get that, take the 5% crit and the 100% int->AP. In essence you're still basically a full survival hunter though.

Anything after wyven sting is kinda lackluster

That's what he meant about no "full survival"

imo, every Hunter build should include the 8 points in MM for Lethal Shots and Careful Aim.

maybe less Careful Aim, if you're severely lacking in Int... but no hunter should skimp on Int.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Auchindoun&n=Loldodge

check out my build

you can always move the pt in aimed shot around if you want to but honestly i find it to be more burst (at least single target which is what matters) plus you and your ms war can have ms up on more than one target =D

also i read some people saying to put pts into imp concussive shot....it's a meh talent to me. Just keep a frost trap down and the only class you'll have problems with are pallys but you can't do anything about hand of freedom anyways.

also i wouldn't recommend skipping out on 5/5 mortal shots. That 30% bonus to crits is huge. i tried the full sv build and i just didn't feel i was pushing out enough dps for it to matter that i could cc multiple targets =/

best advice i can give is try out a lot of different specs took me respeccing quite a few times to settle on this one.

oh and @nature sv becomes tons of fun....but doesn't shine with the dps till explosive shot unfortunatly =/

To me, SV shines at pwning melee and mages. Other than that, healers and a lot of casters will eat u alive. On the opposite end of the spectrum, MM kills fast and applies debuff but Rogues will bend u over as u have little to no CC and in all honestly, out of all the classes in this game, I love nothing more than killing rogues on my hunter.

[char=Medivh]Alkaholic[/char] is my huntard.

Alkaholic said:
To me, SV shines at pwning melee and mages. Other than that, healers and a lot of casters will eat u alive. On the opposite end of the spectrum, MM kills fast and applies debuff but Rogues will bend u over as u have little to no CC and in all honestly, out of all the classes in this game, I love nothing more than killing rogues on my hunter.

[char=Medivh]Alkaholic[/char] is my huntard.

Alks hunter is Pro Sauce!!!

Users who are viewing this thread