Hunter: Loss of Target

Dear Experienced Lower Level PvP Experts,

Assume that I am playing a level 19 hunter in WSG and that I have an enemy targeted and that I am successfully doing ranged damage.

What are the various non-voluntary ways that I can lose my target (i.e. no longer firing at the enemy because he/she is no longer my target)?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I'll start it off by giving one possible answer: the target dies

I honestly can think of none, besides the given example.

Sorry.

Awwwww, come on. Here's two more:

- target disconnects

- target /afks (or otherwise leaves the match)

There's gotta be some more!!!

sometimes i try to click arcane shot too hard and accidently click people next to me does that count

I'm gonna count that as voluntary (though it is unintentional).

Thanks for the contribution though. I'm looking for all of ways that other players can remove a hunter's target.

Uhh. run out of target range? silly example, since by that time they'd obviously be out of range of pewpewing, but hey...they ain't targeted anymore!

Quara said:
Uhh. run out of target range? silly example, since by that time they'd obviously be out of range of pewpewing, but hey...they ain't targeted anymore!

I wasn't aware that there was a target range. If yes, what is it?

Tinymidget said:
They stealth when they are out of combat..

They get out of sight

My assumption was that the hunter was pew pewing away, which means the target is in combat.

I suppose if the target runs out of range of the hunter (and serpent sting has worn off), then the target would be out of combat and could stealth - assuming they are a rogue.

So technically a correct response, but I was more interested in any immediate actions a player could use to kill (i.e. get rid of) the hunter's target.

I forgot can we use invis pots @ 19?

umm... u have a bandage pet macro and another target hits u. Mostly its LoS and restealth tht should be ur main problem. A good way to get around NE's shadowmelding and their pets attacking u and making u switch targets is to keybind target nearest player, only target nearest hostile comes standard its well worth taking the time to do this.

Scrounger said:
I wasn't aware that there was a target range. If yes, what is it?

Maybe there is none in PvP, but I know there's a range for targetting npcs/mobs.

target range =~ 60-80 yard

i know its more then 30 and lower then 80 since hunters mark is still in range when i lose my target for it.

anything that puts the target "out of combat" can actually make you losee your target.

so all the stealths and the 6 second rule can bring you out of combat.

besides that i think everything was said.

there is one last thing i could think of...

auto-attack was disengaged. whatever the reason it seems the auto-attack often disengage itself for no apparent reasons. that could be it as well.

Users who are viewing this thread