Hunter at 70

Been playing some rsham/spriest /hunter and it's a really strong comp imo. Hunters really need to play with two classes than can heal though (a healer + hybrd) because of poor defensives, as well as stack a lot of resi. It does have a lot of CC though and does really well versus rsham comps.

Hunters just need a pocket healer in arena and they're fine :p Sick dmg, have gotten critted 7k with a serpent sting tick :O

Hi there,

I'm new in twinks world......and i'm trying to improve my skill....So i hope you can help me here.

This is my hunter: Quennestil @ Aggra (Português) - Community - World of Warcraft
It still a working in progress......i need a few more geams, enchants and few more gear items.

In the moment i try to get the gear that Level 70 hunter twinking guide - Wowpedia - Your wiki guide to the World of Warcraft write as the BiS for a 70 hunter.
Is the information from this link correct??

What is the best spec to pvp??

Another question is......what is the best geams to pvp: +20 agility or +20 pvp power?

Thanks!!

Hi there,

I'm new in twinks world......and i'm trying to improve my skill....So i hope you can help me here.

This is my hunter: Quennestil @ Aggra (Português) - Community - World of Warcraft
It still a working in progress......i need a few more geams, enchants and few more gear items.

In the moment i try to get the gear that Level 70 hunter twinking guide - Wowpedia - Your wiki guide to the World of Warcraft write as the BiS for a 70 hunter.
Is the information from this link correct??

What is the best spec to pvp??

Another question is......what is the best geams to pvp: +20 agility or +20 pvp power?

Thanks!!
The guide you linked seems pretty outdated... And also is not so much a guide but more a big list of every possible item xP
Gem a mix of pvp power and resi (almost any combination works). Survival is still the best PvP spec after 5.2.
My hunters armory is in my sig

Discpriest + Hunter are one of the strongest comps out there, Basicly Invincible when both have 70% resi.

Shadow/Hunter is the second strongest comp in the bracket imo

Shadow/Hunter is the second strongest comp in the bracket imo

Disagree. CD wise i think SP - prot is best. If timed well they have an answer for every swap and can make more swaps than any other comp. Second comes double SP and double prot (yes even without dispel double prot is sick if played well). After that it's hard to say but SP/hunter is certainly a possibility x)

Disagree. CD wise i think SP - prot is best. If timed well they have an answer for every swap and can make more swaps than any other comp. Second comes double SP and double prot (yes even without dispel double prot is sick if played well). After that it's hard to say but SP/hunter is certainly a possibility x)

I disagree - the amount of CC sp/hunt offers allows you to force CDs very fast, as well as RoS + defensive peels making it easier to reduce the effect of hardswaps. Though ofc any mixture of prots and SPs has a lot of burst, prot palas are susceptible to going oom with constant dispels removing their judgement proc stacks, and after trinket/bubble are very viable kill targets. I'll agree with you that 2xSP is very strong, but the lack of CC outside of silences and fears makes me think that if played right, sp/hunt should win. Double prot pala can only really win either by forcing CDs with random burst, then catching both players in a FoJ when no defensives are avaliable, but once again, they are very CC-susceptible and can go oom quickly if dispelled.

These are just my thoughts/experiences, we havent actually faced any well-played teams of either of those comps so to be fair, your arguments certainly have a lot of merit.

I disagree - the amount of CC sp/hunt offers allows you to force CDs very fast, as well as RoS + defensive peels making it easier to reduce the effect of hardswaps. Though ofc any mixture of prots and SPs has a lot of burst, prot palas are susceptible to going oom with constant dispels removing their judgement proc stacks, and after trinket/bubble are very viable kill targets. I'll agree with you that 2xSP is very strong, but the lack of CC outside of silences and fears makes me think that if played right, sp/hunt should win. Double prot pala can only really win either by forcing CDs with random burst, then catching both players in a FoJ when no defensives are avaliable, but once again, they are very CC-susceptible and can go oom quickly if dispelled.

These are just my thoughts/experiences, we havent actually faced any well-played teams of either of those comps so to be fair, your arguments certainly have a lot of merit.

Honestly what prot pala's have you faced/played with. I've NEVER seen ziir go even remotely close to ooming.

You mentioned SP/hunt vs double SP. The key difference is double healing. It's true that SP/hunt has more CC (in terms of DRs not overlapping atleast) but i think you underestimate how easy it is to turtle as double healer. Especially as double SP i've found that sharing DRs matters fuck all, you just turtle untill 3 orbs and kill with double silence. Didn't get the kill? That's fine just do it again.

As for double prot. It's as vapriest said. Double hoj and burst. If it didn't work turtle and go again in 30 seconds. I've faced a double prot team a few times. In terms of CDs they should have won it but they were too retarded to make it work. They tried the tactic i mentioned but made the mistake of running to opposite ends of the map x)

just by reading this makes me palm so hard. bracket gone to shit so hard its unreal :D

Really you read me and meat have a discussion on comps and thought this bracket has gone to shit? I browsed through the thread and it just seems to be a discussion about hunters and comps in general.

Honestly what prot pala's have you faced/played with. I've NEVER seen ziir go even remotely close to ooming.

You mentioned SP/hunt vs double SP. The key difference is double healing. It's true that SP/hunt has more CC (in terms of DRs not overlapping atleast) but i think you underestimate how easy it is to turtle as double healer. Especially as double SP i've found that sharing DRs matters fuck all, you just turtle untill 3 orbs and kill with double silence. Didn't get the kill? That's fine just do it again.

As for double prot. It's as vapriest said. Double hoj and burst. If it didn't work turtle and go again in 30 seconds. I've faced a double prot team a few times. In terms of CDs they should have won it but they were too retarded to make it work. They tried the tactic i mentioned but made the mistake of running to opposite ends of the map x)

Turtle tactics ofc make games more difficult to win, and I guess because hunter is so susceptible to pillarhumping thats why it works so successfully against sp/hunt - as I stated, me and lewis havent actually faced any fotm combos worth mentioning, so my experience vs good opponents is limited :3

Another thing which makes sp+prot pala combos so strong I guess is the fact that they have quite a few defensives between them for the times they do get caught out whilst pillar hugging :/

Really you read me and meat have a discussion on comps and thought this bracket has gone to shit? I browsed through the thread and it just seems to be a discussion about hunters and comps in general.

you retarded for real or what. 'hehe lets go 70, play tankspec. oh ive got an idea. lets both play tankspec go in and press two abilities and if we both crit, we get rank1' you said it yourself in your post before.

you retarded for real or what. 'hehe lets go 70, play tankspec. oh ive got an idea. lets both play tankspec go in and press two abilities and if we both crit, we get rank1' you said it yourself in your post before.

Are you fucking serious? If you have such a distaste for the way the bracket is currently played maybe you should just stay out of it?
I mean really who is the retard here? The guy who enjoys this bracket and posts here or the guy who apparently loathes it yet still feels like he needs to bitch about it endlessly?

You make this bracket, or rather community, shit with your endless whining.

[MENTION=10690]Meat[/MENTION] You nailed the big problem with hunter comps right there. Pillarhumping fucks them massively. Certain maps can make things very difficult for them.
As for SP/Prot. Yeah what makes them (imo) better than double SP for example is the fact they have more defensive CDs to get them out of trouble. A good prot can kite the world if specced right. And thus avoid most CC or kill attempts.

Last edited by a moderator:
so you think bracket is good when its extremely viable to play a tankspec to get r1 that relies on one glyph? god, you're smart. mabbe only reason you enjoy the bracket is cos you play nothing but fotm

I never said the bracket was balanced (it never will be, i'm realistic) but i did say i enjoy it. And apparently i'm not smart for enjoying a game? Some would say the guy who keeps playing something he doesn't like is the retard.

Users who are viewing this thread