Huge item level gear swings

Primal invasion event is dropping ilvl 25 gear, you can equip yet cannot tmog says req lvl 48. makes me believe this event was canned from a previous expac, put on file. imo the tmogs style and fit BFA as if it was to be a prepatch BFA event

dungeon quests
are showing i-lvl 61 rewards

regular quests
are showing i-lvl 37 rewards

BOAs are i-lvl 54

legion expac artifact weapons are i-lvl 31 with 2 relics, i-lvl 20 without

random drops in world (EK and Kal( have been in i-lvl 31-40 range for a 20

MOP gear vendors two at longying outpost, used to sell equip at i-lvl 28 when bought (show higher but scaled down). the gear is now i-lvl 52 and reqs level 21. noticed my gear was red on a fresh 20 that i geared some slots with

MOP gear vendor at binaan village used to sell i-lvl 22 gear now is i-lvl 39

what blizzard did makes no sense, appears either they used a flawed program not considering all the expac zones that are 10-60, or clueless devs not talking to each other or flat out lacking knowledge of the game went into derp mode. this is not a twink issue where we will famr whatever for BIS, new to WOW and levelers are affected more than us. what you have now at level 20 gets 61 items in one expac, and another player in a different expac at the same level never sees that level, goes to a vendor and can't equip items of a lower level, or a vendor sells gear 66% lower level like 24. this problem is not just at 20 and involves all expacs up to DF and the OG game

Last edited:
It is also not consistent for F2P 20 -

Timewalking vendor items are ilvl 24, but event items like Korrak's Revenge/AV trinket is ilvl 29 or like Brewfest are ilvl 25

Epics from Mists mobs are ilvl 53 the welfare ilvl 28 greens from Shado Pan vendor are ilvl 52 but require level 21,

Crafted items like the Alchemist Stones are the same ilvl as crafted and same ilvl as pre-patch if relic of the pasts are applied.

Vanilla ilvl 26 Epics like for example the Blade of Eternal Darkness went to ilvl 87 (thus as noted elsewhere these were the better pre-patch drops) .

WoD items from rare mobs are ilvl 47 but from mission chest/caches ilvl 44 but require level 40, Legion items from rare mobs are ilv 37-47, BFA items from rare mobs are ilvl 61.

Last edited:
People need to just get full 194 and not worry about scaling.

what blizzard did makes no sense, appears either they used a flawed program not considering all the expac zones that are 10-60, or clueless devs not talking to each other or flat out lacking knowledge of the game went into derp mode.

precisely.. Let's give them till launch day to rectify everything.. If it remains the same, then these must be the most fked dev team.. The recent events, as in recent years, the game gives me the feeling that it's pointless to build up a character thinking that character will last a long time, first the state squished, soon changes to lvl/ilvl.. Why isn't there a long term plan (or vision) of how things going to be like? You don't go cut your hair 2cm on Monday and then go back to the studio and cut another 2cm on Tuesday isn't it? It's really poor planning.. people can tell whether the reason they give for doing it is really the reason for doing it, and not just simply incompetence.. If they just leave it hanging that way this time, I think players will start to have a 2 year mind set very soon.. Whatever the players do, it will only be good for 2 years, cos blizz can change anything and everything they want anytime they want.. A lot of things will eventually becomes not worthwhile doing
[doublepost=1668622735,1668622605][/doublepost]
People need to just get full 194 and not worry about scaling.

lololololol.. I gotten a few (as in bought on AH) .. Then I suddenly realized shit what am I doing.. What if blizz change them all tomorrow.. So I stopped collecting

Ppl were not impressed with my ilvl 49 artifact weapons but mana re they in for a wild ride when some random ape hunter aimed shots them for a 20k with there ilvl 194 set rofl.

Not sure it its a bug or what not - but on my F2P in Shadowlands - Bastion ~ got a few Greens ilvl 139 from regualr mobs with like 5x the stats. At first I thought it was red and have a higher than level 20 but it then changed to require level 20. Quest items and rare mobs are proc'ing Blue or Epic but random ilvl btw 40-85

Update - the ilvl 139 after log off/log on became ilvl 39 so watch out replacing items ;)

Last edited:
my issue with SL is that if i do the quests i may end up with alot of GFD gear or after blizz does a over reaction end up with SL gear worse than what i already have

upload_2022-11-16_19-8-50.png
Looks like they changed the greens to ilvl 1

they are going through and hotfixing the stat issue. I picked up some crazy peices in DOS and SD yesterday and they were rescaled before i logged out later. pretty sure they're going to continue fixing the stat problem for another week or so.

My new Blue Shadowlands cloak, started at ilvl 110, went to ilvl 83 the next day and then re-log to find its ilvl 54.

Blizzard is still in tuning I guess.

imo blizzard needs to revert the gear scaling changes, and start over. the scaling is not linear from main game to SL

i took a 60 into the nazjatar questline, got a staff quest reward i-lvl 60, and bentic tokens are for i-lvl 66. this is how it was prepatch. this zone was intended to be a catch up zone and a quick set up Nylotha. the WQs in 6 zones show i-lvl 81 gear, went to mechagon (chain unlocks after nazjatar setup) and got a i-lvl 66 sword drop off a rare. there are 29's and 39s with no SL loophole gear, getting higher i-lvls than this from quest and dungeon drops.

ironicly blizzard has gated both those zones to level 50+ and probably with zones going 10-60 probably will gate it to 60+.

imo blizzard needs to revert the gear scaling changes, and start over. the scaling is not linear from main game to SL

i took a 60 into the nazjatar questline, got a staff quest reward i-lvl 60, and bentic tokens are for i-lvl 66. this is how it was prepatch. this zone was intended to be a catch up zone and a quick set up Nylotha. the WQs in 6 zones show i-lvl 81 gear, went to mechagon (chain unlocks after nazjatar setup) and got a i-lvl 66 sword drop off a rare. there are 29's and 39s with no SL loophole gear, getting higher i-lvls than this from quest and dungeon drops.

ironicly blizzard has gated both those zones to level 50+ and probably with zones going 10-60 probably will gate it to 60+.
whole bfa gear besides dungeons is bonkers, I logged on my lvl 50 monk with mythic nyalotha gear and went farming kara for mount, the gear from mythic kara is better than mythic nyalotha lmao

They didn't touch the raid gear from past xPacs.
Who even knows what they were trying to do?
Worthless retards...
I know nothing of coding especially when it comes to games but there must be a better way to just rise the given ilvl to a specific number yet they seem to do it manually with every single item type for some reason (by item type I mean where it comes from)

I just looked at the items i had in void storage and they're literally all a question mark right now. Literally a ?
i can't take them out of void storage lol.

They display 0 stats.

Users who are viewing this thread