How will base stat changes work in 3.3?

since i dont have a 62+ warrior, i thought that, like the warlock glyph, or rogue buff (for getting an hk) it showed up as a buff, and may be dispellable

all attributes have been adjusted so that each race has an equal attribute total.

the way i read this part? they really aren't making everything equal, just the attribute point totals

example lets say:

NE

10 agi

5 str

10 stam

5 int

10 spirit

_________

40 total attribute points

ORC

5 agi

15 str

10 stam

5 int

5 spirit

_________

so glad i quit this shit :p

shanker said:
all attributes have been adjusted so that each race has an equal attribute total.

the way i read this part? they really aren't making everything equal, just the attribute point totals

example lets say:

NE

10 agi

5 str

10 stam

5 int

10 spirit

_________

ORC

5 agi

15 str

10 stam

5 int

5 spirit

_________

So.. Exactly what I said one page ago?

I answered the question this thread asked a long time ago. Go make a new thread if you want to bitch at each other about what a dispel mechanic is and if victory rush blah blah blah

Blizzard is doing this for its what the people want.

the good exemple is hit rating, its not hard to see that people prefer hit rating over crit rating any day and thus the crit rating is starting to be underused, thats what blizzard wants to stop by simplifying the stats, they want less stats, but with all of them having its own goal and having it become less of a stat choosing to become maximum DPS.

this game has become way too mathematic to a point where even 1 point of a stat is considered better then 10 of another ! take haste for exemple. i completely agree with blizzard here, if people truly wants it to be mathematical, then why not just give 1 stat to everybody and make everybody the same, since its what the people seems to want. at that point people will see their errors and will be asking for the change back.

as for base stats, its a question of balance. they are simply trying to balance out things before cataclysm comes out. That should make people happy since it actually means that all classes will have equal chances in BGs and Arena's. the only ones who aren't ok with these changes are the ones who actually to only pawn the BGs like mad with their uber powered characters and are crying because they will lose that power.

for once, i see the base stat change as a great way to force people into choosing their race better !

Sweet, we get attribute points now =w= This is gonna be funking beast.

Kinda reminds me of Diablo 2...

Users who are viewing this thread