How Viable will Resto Shaman Be in MoP? And What Will Be Considered BiS?

Salce

Legend
Even though Resto Shamans will get Riptide how viable will they be in MoP considering their healing effectiveness at 29/39 has lagged behind pallies and priests in terms of effectiveness even with riptide.

Here is a quick list of what I've sketched out as BiS let me know if anything here needs to be modified and also what your thoughts are on viability of resto shamans in MoP.

head: Tattered Dreadmist Mask (or) Mystical Coif of Elements
neck: Thick Bronze Necklace
shoulders: Mystical Pauldrons of Elements
back: Spidersilk Drape
chest: Mystical Vest of Elements
wrist: not sure what to have here? (Acquisition Bracers or Mindthrust Bracers)
hands: Jutebraid or Woodworking gloves
waist: Vigorous Belt of Vision
legs: New BOA legs
ring: Seal of Argas x2
trinket: AGM & Insignia
weapon: Devout Aurastone Hammer
shield: Shield of Talrendis Point

edit: modified post as healing surge is learned at level 7 and shamans will be losing earthshield but gaining defensive dispel.

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm not sure if anyone knows quite how hit will work as of this point, therefore hard to say what will be BiS at this point.

All we know for sure is that they will be more viable than they are now.

At 20 their healing is on par with Hpallys and Priests currently so I'm assuming with healing surge moved down to seven they'll be able to keep up with them at 19 just fine.

They will be the only healer with a defensive dispel, they will be viable even if there heals are complete garbage.

Uh bro they get Healing Surge at level 7 now...

Yea my bad, modified OP to consider Shamans losing ES for HS and gaining defensive dispel. Still there is a question of how effective HS will be at 19 considering RShamans have lagged in healing effectiveness at other twink brackets compared to Pallies/Priests.

Yea my bad, modified OP to consider Shamans losing ES for HS and gaining defensive dispel. Still there is a question of how effective HS will be at 19 considering RShamans have lagged in healing effectiveness at other twink brackets compared to Pallies/Priests.

More like losing ES for Riptide and getting HS for free.

Do we know how good spirit is for healers yet in MoP? I dunno, spirit might have to trump haste or some other stats

Since wowhead is God, there ain't gonna be no BoA legs in MoP <3

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread