How to complete the slave pits quest!

So as sponsor said in the last forum

"I had the SAME problem 2 days ago when I switched Sponsor to Goblin to get the Grasp of Victory gloves. The quest mark was on map, but I couldnt see him in person.

I opened a ticket explaining my situation ("In game issue" > "Stuck"). The first GM I spoke to got to me in under 20 minutes. She made me log off to check what it looked like on her end. She told me that she could see the NPC with no problem but since I couldnt see Sassy, the GM completed the quest for me and took the next 2 quests. When she told me to get back on my toon, I did those quests, went back to hand them in to Sassy but she still was not there. At that point the GM had left, despite the fact that I had asked her to stay.

I opened another ticket explaining the same thing, and saying that a previous GM had helped me but did not find the source of the problem.

This GM was a bit more experienced. He asked me to hop off my toon again, and the first thing he noticed was that my EXP was locked. I vaguely replied his question by saying "I was a night elf with exp locked and I faction changed to Goblin a few hours ago". Oblivious as he was, he did not know Goblins start off in Orgrimmar after a faction change (phew!).

He got very impatient (after 20 minutes of trying to figure out the problem) and simply completed all the remaining quests up to the final one where you chose the reward.

I consider myself very lucky to have gotten the gloves, and if you were to ask me if this method was reliable I would say no. GMs mood varies a lot, I got very lucky falling on that GM who just simply wanted to move on to the next ticket and completed everything for me.

Also, my personal explanation for the possible cause of this bug would be that first off we got there in an illegal manner, so maybe some codes are wrong in the quest line. Also, another factor that differentiates us from regular questers is that our exp is locked, so again, maybe that influences are inability to see Sassy.

TL;DR: Only a GM can help you buddy, sorry!

In addition, I would like to state that this bug if intended. If any of you are wanting to faction change/race change to goblin for the quest rewards, you run a 100% chance of falling into this bug. I think this was a way to prevent exploiting the quest rewards. Unless you are willing to take your luck in your own hands and try to get help from a GM, I strongly suggest you reconsider your options.

This is an un-official way of saying that Goblin Starter quest reward has been patched for the RAF summon exploit."

This actually works and i want to thanks sponsor for this and would love people than need help with it, to use this method.

Mine works . GM did it for me. went smooth

Last edited by a moderator:
Reading what Sponsor wrote it still seems to be quite a risk involved, but still nice to see it worked out for you both!

Reading what Sponsor wrote it still seems to be quite a risk involved, but still nice to see it worked out for you both!

Dealing with GMs is always risky business, but if you are stubborn as I am about BiS, you'll risk it all. Like I said in my original post, the GM noticed my exp was off, things could have gone terribly wrong for me if he knew what was going on.

Thanks, Ill put the gloves to good use in WoD :cool:

This actually works and i want to thanks sponsor for this and would love people than need help with it, to use this method.

Mine works . GM did it for me. went smooth

Well well well, seems like because its such a weird bug the GMs feel compelled to help us out! Thanks for sharing this, and again, gratz on the reward :)

I just hope its not a case where we were both really lucky and no one else will ever get it to work, lol.

Dealing with GMs is always risky business, but if you are stubborn as I am about BiS, you'll risk it all. Like I said in my original post, the GM noticed my exp was off, things could have gone terribly wrong for me if he knew what was going on.

Thanks, Ill put the gloves to good use in WoD :cool:

Well well well, seems like because its such a weird bug the GMs feel compelled to help us out! Thanks for sharing this, and again, gratz on the reward :)

I just hope its not a case where we were both really lucky and no one else will ever get it to work, lol.

xD hope everyone will be able to get it !

Users who are viewing this thread