How much stronger is 79 rogue, compared to 70 rogue

it's like a 30% difference main difference is that you get pretty much 1 tapped by prot wars compared to 79 where you can actually somewhat live thru at least 1 shield slam. but regardless lvl 70 is always worst then 79 period its a flat down grade

if blizz is running the later OG WOTLK version where 70s and lower got double the effects from resilience, prior to this change playing 70s was like playing 20s now

on the rogue i rolled anything 77+ was a issue even before the xp on-off split. most players stayed at 70, few went to 72 for the archaeology axes. stealth also at the time even with 3 points was not as deep now, higher levels could see you in stealth with ease

Last edited:
the only real reason people play lvl 70 is to get AV ques with 60 - 70 bracket to stomp AV but TBH 9 time out of 10 your better off just doing a 69 twink where reg bgs are actually decent instead of 70 where your quite a bit off from 79s but personal opinion. If you do like the 70 - 79 bracket I would just go 79 if you want to pug stomp AV 70 is a lot stronger then 69 but there aren't many 70 twinks to worry about in a AV so you will still prob stomp while also being at the top of a bracket

it's like a 30% difference main difference is that you get pretty much 1 tapped by prot wars compared to 79 where you can actually somewhat live thru at least 1 shield slam. but regardless lvl 70 is always worst then 79 period its a flat down grade
Wrong and wrong
[doublepost=1676041097,1676041062][/doublepost]
the only real reason people play lvl 70 is to get AV ques with 60 - 70 bracket to stomp AV but TBH 9 time out of 10 your better off just doing a 69 twink where reg bgs are actually decent instead of 70 where your quite a bit off from 79s but personal opinion. If you do like the 70 - 79 bracket I would just go 79 if you want to pug stomp AV 70 is a lot stronger then 69 but there aren't many 70 twinks to worry about in a AV so you will still prob stomp while also being at the top of a bracket
Plenty of 70s play outside of just being AV twinks and can hold up fine

For context, resto Druid and Ret pally are both classes that are far better at 70 than 79. Also as I main 70 rogue I can tell you that I do not get 1 tapped by anything including prot warriors and do usually just fine in any 1v1. The only Serious disadvantage is the health pool Disparage and fact that I have to use stealth enchants occasionally depending on the comp I’m up against. Getting over double effectiveness on secondary’s makes it much stronger critical strike wise and also the only
Way to get 40% damage reduction through resil is being 70 and the only way to get 100% arp is also being at 70.

While some classes are landslide better at 79 some are marginal and others are debatable, along with the 2 I mentioned being flat out empirically better at 70.

Tldr a 70 rogue can reach 100% arp and has higher % dodge through agility scaling. I am not arguing that 70 rogue is one of the classes that is better than it’s 79 counterpart, but I personally prefer 70 rogue because the only noticeable difference for me is the larger health pool disparage. Also even at 70 to not miss ability’s you only need 5% melee hit vs 79 which is a change I believe blizzard changed from original since I remember needing a hell of a lot more hit on a 70

Last edited:
While some classes are landslide better at 79 some are marginal and others are debatable, along with the 2 I mentioned being flat out empirically better at 70.

What classes/specs would you consider to be significantly better at 79?

Wrong and wrong
[doublepost=1676041097,1676041062][/doublepost]
Plenty of 70s play outside of just being AV twinks and can hold up fine

For context, resto Druid and Ret pally are both classes that are far better at 70 than 79. Also as I main 70 rogue I can tell you that I do not get 1 tapped by anything including prot warriors and do usually just fine in any 1v1. The only Serious disadvantage is the health pool Disparage and fact that I have to use stealth enchants occasionally depending on the comp I’m up against. Getting over double effectiveness on secondary’s makes it much stronger critical strike wise and also the only
Way to get 40% damage reduction through resil is being 70 and the only way to get 100% arp is also being at 70.

Tldr a 70 rogue can reach 100% arp and has higher % dodge through agility scaling. I am not arguing that 70 rogue is one of the classes that is better than it’s 79 counterpart, but I personally prefer 70 rogue because the only noticeable difference for me is the larger health pool disparage. Also even at 70 to not miss ability’s you only need 5% melee hit vs 79 which is a change I believe blizzard changed from original since I remember needing a hell of a lot more hit on a 70

pretty sure regardless 79 rogue is better then 70 rogue i only play 79s on warmane so idk if anything has changed in wotlk classic just sharing experiences purely based off of warmane experiences and most of the time 70s die way faster overall then 79 so thats my experience
[doublepost=1676155351][/doublepost]
What classes/specs would you consider to be significantly better at 79?
in general healers at 70 pretty much fine in terms of 79 war at 79 is pretty much flat out is better then 70 war couple other examples that I would have to stop playing 19s / 29s for a bit to go back to 79s hard core again to remember lol.

pretty sure regardless 79 rogue is better then 70 rogue i only play 79s on warmane so idk if anything has changed in wotlk classic just sharing experiences purely based off of warmane experiences and most of the time 70s die way faster overall then 79 so thats my experience
[doublepost=1676155351][/doublepost]
in general healers at 70 pretty much fine in terms of 79 war at 79 is pretty much flat out is better then 70 war couple other examples that I would have to stop playing 19s / 29s for a bit to go back to 79s hard core again to remember lol.
my 70 rogue claps hard. Op against levelers, viable against some 79 twinks and and no chance against 79 warrior, pali or dk. i love AV on him.

shitting on twink 79 mages is priceless

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread