How is 24 bracket nowadays? Really oldschool twinker here

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think thats pretty subjective.

I played twinking as did many others to seek out other twinks and best them, not to flatten the masses of less adequate players.

However, I know a lot of people did twink for this sole purpose and I cant refute that.

What i originally asked though was, why is f2p not twinking if 24 is?

In my opinion it is due to the fact they are gimping themselves where (in most case) they could have simply have better gear and abilities on a P2P 24. It's the deliberate disadvantage that takes away from one of the main things twinking is/was, being the most powerful possibly.

In my opinion it is due to the fact they are gimping themselves where (in most case) they could have simply have better gear and abilities on a P2P 24. It's the deliberate disadvantage that takes away from one of the main things twinking is/was, being the most powerful possibly.

Its a difficult situation

24's would have zero pops without F2P's.

F2P's are twinking their characters to be the most powerful they can be within the limitations of their accounts.

Its a difficult situation

24's would have zero pops without F2P's.

F2P's are twinking their characters to be the most powerful they can be within the limitations of their accounts.

I know, and I don't dislike F2Ps, I obviously understand the requirement of the for the bracket, and part of my likes how it is, but then I would also enjoy a full P2P bracket at low level, with activity.

But I believe the majority of F2Ps, especially those on this forum don't require the limitations on their accounts, the limitation is optional as they could get a full P2P account. I understand there are some who it is an impossibility to due to financial issues or such, but that isn't who i'm talking about.

I know, and I don't dislike F2Ps, I obviously understand the requirement of the for the bracket, and part of my likes how it is, but then I would also enjoy a full P2P bracket at low level, with activity.

But I believe the majority of F2Ps, especially those on this forum don't require the limitations on their accounts, the limitation is optional as they could get a full P2P account. I understand there are some who it is an impossibility to due to financial issues or such, but that isn't who i'm talking about.

The ones who dont go 24 only cuz they cant afford it, will use every exploit they can to get p2plooms, enchants.
Also if u really knew the defenition of twinking u would understand f2p is twinking too, similar to end game "twinking", the defenition of twinking has nothing to do with bracket or which lvl u are.

"Twinks are below level cap player characters who have gained the best powerfull gear for their level in everyslot." Check
"These powerfull items are loaded with the best possible enhancements" Check

The ones who dont go 24 only cuz they cant afford it, will use every exploit they can to get p2plooms, enchants.
Also if u really knew the defenition of twinking u would understand f2p is twinking too, similar to end game "twinking", the defenition of twinking has nothing to do with bracket or which lvl u are.

"Twinks are below level cap player characters who have gained the best powerfull gear for their level in everyslot." Check
"These powerfull items are loaded with the best possible enhancements" Check

But they do not have the best enchantments or most powerful gear in every slot.

The original intention of twinking was to have a significant advantage over those with a disadvantage.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

But they do not have the best enchantments or most powerful gear in every slot.

The original intention of twinking was to have a significant advantage over those with a disadvantage.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

They have the best POSSIBLE, and that advantage intention is long gone, that was be4 xp on and xp off bgs.
The f2ptwinks are the chance for those old school(24s) twinkers to relive the old days where twinks farmed lvlers, where there was no fun or competition, which some like and others dont, the ones that dont are the ppl that tried to create "f2pbracket".
Twinking is always chaging, we just have to adapt.

They have the best POSSIBLE, and that advantage intention is long gone, that was be4 xp on and xp off bgs.
The f2ptwinks are the chance for those old school(24s) twinkers to relive the old days where twinks farmed lvlers, where there was no fun or competition, which some like and others dont, the ones that dont are the ppl that tried to create "f2pbracket".
Twinking is always chaging, we just have to adapt.
You do not quite grasp how the original twinking in WoW got started. It was not to "farm" or grief levelers. At the end of vanilla many people had pretty much geared out their toons. It was practically impossible to get an epic unless you were in a raiding guild. Guilds did not exist like they do now. It would take 30-60 min just to find a group for a 5 man instance, unthinkable for a raid. You had to spam trade chat to find a group. To queue for a battleground, you had to travel to BFE or talk to a battlemaster. Twinking became something else to do. A niche hobby for PvPers. It took planning, lots of planning. You HAD to have a end game toon boost you, period. It is nothing like it is now, nothing.
With that being said, I am glad it is not like that now. To put it into two words. IT SUCKED. Blizzard has made great strides in the quality of low level pvp since vanilla. I am sure most of it was unintentional.
/cheers

Sweetsidney

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread