How important is crit for a warrior? Gearing advice

Isosolese

Legend
So, I'm building a fury warrior. I have 2 gear builds I want to share, one is favoring attack power, the other *some* crit. If you don't feel like looking at the links, here is the breakdown:

Attack Power Set

Health: 1104

Attack Power: 260 unbuffed

Crit: 8.74%

Crit Set

Health: 1084

Attack Power: 232 Unbuffed

Crit: 13.38%

So, in essence I'm asking if 28 attack power is worth 5% crit?

Profiler - Wowhead

Profiler - Wowhead

If you are curious, here's where I am currently:

Slobb @ Aerie Peak - Game - World of Warcraft (speced prot for farming gear)

Matter of taste really, personally I like higher consitent damage more than spiky burst.

BTW:

certainly if you want to go the Dual Wield route you'll want every bit of Hit Rating you can get, so ideally you should probably get the Mail bracers (+2/+4/+3 HR) Quest reward for slogging through the whole of Silverpine.

Also, I'd pick the Str Argas ring from Ashenvale (Never again!, started by a Drop Quest; the item drops on lower levels than the required level for the Quest) over the Legionare's Band.

personally i find crit very useful... a 375+heroic throw crit is nice against a stupid disengaged huntard. I like running pythas vest and "of the soldier" belt and cloak. I agree with the above post as well, and out of shear stubbornness i would not sacrifice mail gear for leather just for a bit more crit. Also i personally find BE to be the best race, i can easily take out healing classes with a well timed arcane torrent. Ork racial are nice but BoA bis is mace if i am not mistaken so axe skill is no help. Troll may be good just think they look stupid in plate. Undead cannibalize is nice but you don't get feared or charmed much in the f2p bracket pugs. Best of luck

Guccidevil said:
personally i find crit very useful... a 375+heroic throw crit is nice against a stupid disengaged huntard. I like running pythas vest and "of the soldier" belt and cloak. I agree with the above post as well, and out of shear stubbornness i would not sacrifice mail gear for leather just for a bit more crit. Also i personally find BE to be the best race, i can easily take out healing classes with a well timed arcane torrent. Ork racial are nice but BoA bis is mace if i am not mistaken so axe skill is no help. Troll may be good just think they look stupid in plate. Undead cannibalize is nice but you don't get feared or charmed much in the f2p bracket pugs. Best of luck

You dont get feared much where do you play bgs at lol im feared alot on my warrior i would love to have rolled a undead orc racial is really good for warrior gives that extra push on dmg lol

leaving your main damage output too chance is a horrible idea. whilst you are a burst character you dont heavily rely on crit. your gimping yourself of more AP and damage you could be doing.

BiS Two Handers are however all Axes.

Again, it depends on personal taste/play style (I play a lot of 'Healer defense' on my Horde Warrior so I like having a rough idea on when that annoying Hunter Pet etc. is going to die and hence go for consistent damage)

IMO go with 2h fury. But if you're going to DW go Honor Sword and Cookies club, higher top end damage last time I checked. (you know the quality of these forums have dropped when you have to high-light key phrases to keep from getting your posts nit-picked into the ground)

Just looked it up on WoW head and my statement's correct, Unless you have access to Shadowfang, Axe of the enforcer, or Skeletal club, Cookies is the best OH

http://www.wowhead.com/items=2?filt...;maxrl=20;si=2;ub=1;cr=136;crs=1;crv=0#0-12+1

For consistent rage generation which allows you to continuously throw out your attacks that consume your rage, you would want to do dual-wield. Whilst you cannot hit cap for white attacks you can certainly pump out more damage done than a fury warrior who is running 2 handed over the course of the entire battle.

For quick bursts that can take down people easily, 2 handed provides that for people that aren't wearing mail (and sometimes, if you get the RNG in your favor you can kill mail users). I often find myself using dual-wield more than 2 handed for the increased rage generation. I find that a bit more important than just hitting high with whites.

Also; Hurrohic throw resets your white attacks.

I only use HT on targets with 20%/less health that try to run from me, i see a lot of scrub wars whip out a 2h for this but the damage is based on AP not WD

Don't forget, if you plan on grinding honor for BOAs you have hours and hours of playtesting time available to you. Id suggest putting together multiple gearsets and testing them out to see which perform the best. There's theory and then there's practice, and there's also your unique playstyle to take into account.

Volturi said:
Look at my armory in my sig i have BiS

Arguably BiS...

I have, compared to your armory, 2 more raw AP and ~3.5% more crit at the cost of ~.40% hit.

Even if you had the boa chest (6 AP and ~.6% crit extra) i'd still say i'm closer to a BiS simply 'cause of stats..

what's with people in this bracket going 2h fury? dual-wield just....straight up does more damage, with no negative side effects. there's also tons of hit gear available at this level. it baffles me.

Users who are viewing this thread