How easy is it to downgrade your account?

I'm thinking about making a level 70 twink.

I already have WOTLK on a spare account that I have a brutal gladiator chilling out on (which I leveled to 80 then didn't play again, DOH).

- What's the success rate on downgrading accounts?

- Have you guys tried it before?

- How many attempts did it take if you were successful?

Edit: I know I'd have to xfer the Brutal Glad to another account, that's no problem.

Well, I do know that you don't have to migrate your 80 to another account, but they will lock it so you can not play it. (But if you upgrade to wotlk again later, you can play on it)

Nkt@EU said:
Well, I do know that you don't have to migrate your 80 to another account, but they will lock it so you can not play it. (But if you upgrade to wotlk again later, you can play on it)

That sounds fantastic.

Have you had any accounts downgraded personally? If so, how long did it take to go through the whole process?

I called the first time, and was successful right away.

I'm in the process of doing it again. I e-mailed, and was unsuccessful. I'll try calling next time.

It's a hit and miss process.

Charax said:
I called the first time, and was successful right away.

I'm in the process of doing it again. I e-mailed, and was unsuccessful. I'll try calling next time.

It's a hit and miss process.

Thanks for the info -- would you mind going a little more in depth about what you said, what they asked you, etc?

Success rate is 100% for anyone I have talked to. You might have to try one or two times but most GM's can and will do it. I know a lot of people that have done it.

Evocate said:
Success rate is 100% for anyone I have talked to. You might have to try one or two times but most GM's can and will do it. I know a lot of people that have done it.

Thanks, that helps me alot. I've never attempted it, I was just wondering before I decided to attempt 70 twinking.

? dude quit necroing.

you shouldnt have trouble if you have an 80. this dude said he had an 80. just be persistant. email all the time. CALL. nag, bitch, moan. it should work sooner rather than later. gl

I recently downgraded about 3 weeks ago.

Went really smooth, don't expect to get money back that you paid to upgrade from bc to wotlk though.

Took me one attempt, went smooth and fast.

Users who are viewing this thread