How does magic resistance work nowadays, and how good is it?

I'm looking at Sarannis' Mystic Sheen, which (in theory) provides ~4% resistance. After some googling, I read that for non-binary spells, resistance actually dictates how much of a chance there is to reduce damage by 25%/50%/75%, in those increments.

Does this hold true? Has anyone tried resistance gear/enchants lately and seen any results? 4% spell damage reduction seems pretty significant to me, not to mention the rare sheep/fear resist.

From my testing in 8.0 it looks like items that have +all resistance don't work, but items that give +resistance to a specific element still work just fine.

I'm looking at Sarannis' Mystic Sheen, which (in theory) provides ~4% resistance. After some googling, I read that for non-binary spells, resistance actually dictates how much of a chance there is to reduce damage by 25%/50%/75%, in those increments.

Does this hold true? Has anyone tried resistance gear/enchants lately and seen any results? 4% spell damage reduction seems pretty significant to me, not to mention the rare sheep/fear resist.
From what I’ve found in the passed this is to hold true, like dreams said the prismatics and enchants etc that give + all resistances do not seem to grant any reduction, but for example we have tested shadow resistance potions on bt bosses and they seem to work as intended.

Users who are viewing this thread