How do you lock XP in prepatch? + a few more questions.

Iesdise

Grandfathered
Hi. Yes, I've searched about this and found no actually useful info.
I even asked in a few discords without replies.
All I find is "Blizzard Adds Option to Disable Experience Gains in Shadowlands Chromie Time", but the NPC in Stormwind is gone. I was on the quest that shows you the vision of the zandalari ships sinking the alliance ones and I still have not completed it if that's the problem.

So is the NPC there for you all? If not how do you lock XP currently?

+Which bracket do you think will be the most active excluding the free to play one? Last time I twinked was in MOP, so I have no idea what are people running these days and what they will run in SL.

Thank you in advance. Sorry if my questions were already answered. <3

50s might be active in Shadowlands(technically not xpoff but still), but other than that likely none since queues are separated. You might be able to join a community revival for a bracket. You could have a quest that phases you, which prevents you from seeing the npc. Make sure you complete any starter intro quests you might have.

Last edited:
The Horde XP Eliminator NPC hasn't moved since he was put there in WotLK. Orgrimmar > Valley of Honor > top of the highest building, he's stealthed. I don't Twink Alliance so can't tell you if that NPC moved or not.

Horde: Slahtz
Alliance: Behsten

Alliance NPC gets phased for a bit in the DH questline, maybe a couple more. I'd finish or drop whatever quests and take another look. Probably the issue (for all classes) is something with the BFA questline you're on currently.

Also, used to be you could open a ticket and try to get a GM to turn off your XP as the guy isnt there... not always successful (bastard refused to for my 99 ally DH back in the day).

He’ll be phased out for certain starting quests. Complete those quests that or drop as already noted and u should be fine.
Also, come Shadowlands, I’m guessing the main active twink brackets will be 20’s (unsub’d Vets and F2P’s) and 50’s (without Shadowlands expansion hence not XP locked)
Other brackets will require some effort to get up and running, may be a few form time to time, but not as frequent as 20’s and 50’s.

I’m guessing the main active twink brackets will be 20’s (unsub’d Vets and F2P’s)
Thanks for the info all! But aren't starter accounts currently locked to 10? If it's 20 (which should go into the 20-30 bracket?) why do you stay as 20 and not 29? I know the stats and gear of lower levels gets scaled to the maximum bracket level, but why is 20 better then 29?

20 is the new (same as old, but those characters were squished to 10) max level for free play. So unsubbed veteran accounts can play their 20 but any character 21+ is not accessible while unsubbed.

Free to play and unsubbed veteran accounts with their XP unlocked get queued in with levelers for battlegrounds.

Free to play and unsubbed veteran accounts with their XP unlocked get queued in with levelers for battlegrounds.
So the real way to twink would be to create a second, free account? If that's the case that kinda sucks. :(

Users who are viewing this thread