How do i properly theorycraft my character? That and various questions.

Fabrishire

Grandfathered
In my wet dreams, i'm planning a full-mastery lvl 110 Destruction Warlock to squeeze as much damage reduction (and increase) as possible. However, as i'm trying to make a plan or even a list of to-do stuff in proper order, i find myself with many questions, a lot of confusion, and many doubts of going all the way there only to find out it doesn't work properly.
So sorry in advance if i got the wrong section, but i'd like your help for the following questions:

1) Is there an updated/reliable character planner? I especially need to see the total stats, what do they give in terms of actual mastery/haste/etc at level 110, how they improve with more azerite and whatever else needed to properly plan a twink.
2) How do azerite traits scale? Do they scale off the Amulet's level? Or do they scale from their source item's level? If it's the latter, can you take the last "ilvl increase" trait only once, meaning a piece of gear can never reach more than x ilvl? Does each new Amulet's level give more primary and secondary stats?
3) How do i find the BiS for my character at level 110 currently? I know it's subjective, it depends on the build and all that, but i'd like some guidelines (or neat site/guide) to actually find such pieces of gear, see if i can still acquire them without grinding 7 months, if they can titanforge etc.
4) Can a 110 farm Azerite reliably/get good gear in every slot? Or does 111 compensate for the loss of stat value with more of such stats in better pieces of gear/access to more content?
5) Finally, if i'm interested in PvE mainly, but also in PvP, is 110 the best level to twink with? Are there great places to farm that require either only a Horde or Alliance character? (since the opposite zone doesn't scale to your level but sticks to 120). Again, PvE mainly, so unaccessible or slow farms that can become instant with a twink are also something to keep in mind for me before committing the time and resources.

Thanks in advance for your help, feel free to answer any (or all!) of these questions, all information is appreciated!

1) No. Not because someone hasn't figured out how to theorycraft your info desired, but because we're too early in the xpac to rely 100% on the data and gear available.

2) Item level of the gear they're attached to. Armor pieces are capped. Amulet has no known cap atm, and all stats grow each level.

3) BiS is going to be azerite armor, heart of Az, arti weps with good relics, 2 legendaries of your choice, and a mix of M ABT (preferably 2 set) and filler items.

4) 110 > 111 at the time of this post. Azerite farm is best done coordinated with others.

5) That's up to you, amigo. 119s are saying they are powerful in iPvP, moreso than 110s.

1) No. Not because someone hasn't figured out how to theorycraft your info desired, but because we're too early in the xpac to rely 100% on the data and gear available.

2) Item level of the gear they're attached to. Armor pieces are capped. Amulet has no known cap atm, and all stats grow each level.

3) BiS is going to be azerite armor, heart of Az, arti weps with good relics, 2 legendaries of your choice, and a mix of M ABT (preferably 2 set) and filler items.

4) 110 > 111 at the time of this post. Azerite farm is best done coordinated with others.

5) That's up to you, amigo. 119s are saying they are powerful in iPvP, moreso than 110s.
Thanks for all the answers! Mind if i put in some other miscellaneous doubts?
1) I see, but what about the program/site? Surely it's too early for proper guides, but what are some tools used by theorycrafters? Wowhead only? I'd especially love to find out how much mastery rating i need to reach certain percentages of damage reduction at level 110, or versatility for that matter.
2) Too bad, i was already salivating at the idea of Mastery+ traits increasing with the amulet itself. Oh well.
3) With good relics you mean highest ilvl? And what does M ABT stand for? Mythic Antorus? For filler, do i search for highest ilvl or do i hunt actives?
4) Thank you, good thing i didn't go over 110! Can azerite farming still be done solo with decent (if obviously inferior) results?
5) Since secondary stats give more value at lower levels, i'll definetly stick to 110. What dungeons/content do 119 have access to that 110 do not?

Finally, a couple questions about Destruction Warlock:
-) Do Versatility damage reduction and Mastery (since destruction warlock) damage reduction stack additively or multiplicateively?
-) Is it better to stack haste to generate soul shards or critical strike? I'd say the former to abuse CDs and such thanks to twinking, but still.

Last edited:
Can't answer the majority of your questions since I have no clue. But wowhead is a good tool to use for finding gear in specific item level ranges with specific stats weighted or prioritized. Relic ilvl is all that matters now, no bonuses any more. Yes, M ABT = Mythic Antorus. Filler items are what you have left over after filling azerite, neck, 2 piece M ABT, and legendaries. I'm planning on using 2x M ABT trinkets but some people like the BFA stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread