How active and would an ele or enh sham be good

my friend is talking to me bout rollin a 70 twink. ive thought of it but i hadnt thought much of it. it sounds like itd be fun and ive hard its fairly active. so if ppl could tell me if its worth it to twink at 70 if its active or not thatd be great. the other thing is that if i do this i have a sham that ive been leveling. im a terrible healer in most classes so would enh or ele be a good way to go at 70? lemme know this and any other info as well :)

as the previous replier said, Ele shamans is indd viable . And in my opinion really good. 13k fumiliation =P If u can play it well go do it

i play enhace shaman and i have to say that only some mages are a problem, if you play good you will kill easy any class.

Like you see in my twink, you have to take the bonus of tier6 (i mean in enha) because give you all time 15 agi more, and then combine pve with pve to take aroun 300 resi and aroun 3000 ap.

I can heal myself or partnets so much like 6k criti heal, and if you play well mana is not a problem, you must put totem in the right moment also.

hope i help you see youuu

Having played both specs, I would say they both excel at different things.

Elemental has stupid burst, and I mean, really stupid. If you are an RNG god and get a crit streak Elemental Mastery -> LvB -> Tazik/trinket/pyro rockets -> 9 stack fulmination can pretty much kill resi stacked players in 2 globals. Elemental does has the problem of not being able to do much damage while getting trained, however this is a bit easier now you can cast LB while moving and the 4 set means you never need to refresh lightening shield any more. It also means you can fire off more fulminations as a result. Healing surge also heals for a decent amount and you have good peels with earthbind + root, frost shock and thunderstorm. I personally find elemental more fun if I can just sit back and spam cast in BGs. 5 second cooldown on interrupt is also pretty awesome.

Enhancement is my favorite spec, as it has a fair bit of utility while still dealing fairly large amounts of damage even when resilience stacking. You will probably find though that enhancement has limited survivability outside of shamanistic rage and spirit wolves, i.e you will probably die in a rogues stunlock unless you stack resi. Having said that, enhancement self healing is ridiculous, with 5 stack maelstrom you get a mana-free instant 6k to 7k heal (depends if you stack agi or resi, since attack power gives you spell power as enhancement; even resi stacked I have 1200+ spellpower) and 12-14k crit heals (which is pretty much a full hp bar at 70). Enhancement fairs well against most classes 1v1 as well, I normally just struggle against rogue when they pop evasion because you never hit them and as such generate no maelstrom stacks and cant heal.

Regarding the above post, I don't really have trouble with mages to be honest, since you can shamanistic rage and trinket deep freezes, ground cc's/heavy hitting dmging abilities, earthbind out of snares and purge icy veins + ice barrier. If the damage your taking is really bad, you can always fake a heal and then just spam healing surge. If your near the pet as well, and can't touch the mage, kill the pet since its on a 3 min cd, makes them do less damage and gets rid of one of their roots. It also generates maelstroms so you can heal yourself.

Hope this was helpful.

Edit: My armory link is in my sig, I should be in my enhancement spec/gear.

i only want to say that sideburn knowthe class and explain all perfect, also you have to know that in enha spec you must have pve items for kill somekind of healers like priest or pala holly than need a nice burst, and i think that a enha without at least 2300 ap cant kill some healers

if you have any question only ask

PD: As a ele shaman, i saw in my char in full pve with aroun 1930sp, 9k of lava lesh and next cast 11k, and the next of 7k, so if you play nice you must destroy all

ele shaman(more bust), enha shaman (much pression along time)

Yeah, you will struggle to kill good healers unless you stack agi and or pve items, forgot to say that :p

You might get close to killing a priest because you can spam purge shields off, but they can just become immune to interrupts with inner focus and heal to full hp with 1 flash heal because the only thing you can cover that with is thunderstorm or bash from your wolves but they will still be uninterrupted afterwards anyway so its kinda annoying :p

Users who are viewing this thread