Hot takes

Hot take:

Twinks are generally bad players that flock to OP classes and rely on gear superiority to compensate for their incompetence.

I wouldn't even consider that a hot take, but mere fact; that's kind of how twinking was born. The XP eliminator along with the trial acc imo, has made it more fair/fun.

Not talking about vet > f2p advantages. Maybe my this opinion alone is a hot take.

-WoW should have died with WotLK.

-WoD was actually a good twinking expansion.

-NA benefited a lot more from EU players than they're willing to admit.

-A lot of people have a growing addiction to the game because of attachment to their characters and not whether the game is good or not.

-The so-called WoW killer might be so late that it arrives when most of us will have stepped down from games anyways.

-People who dive into games (not only WoW) to such an extreme amount that they are nearly neglecting every other aspect of life have actual issues.

-WoW esports is a joke in the game's current state, and MMORPG's in general doesn't really have a place in esports for a myriad of reasons.

-Most friends you make in WoW are friends by interest, meaning the moment either of you don't have that interest anymore, you will drift apart even though you have every tool known to man to keep the friendship going. The friendship was just that it was all about WoW (This doesn't apply to everyone, and I have personally met a few cool people).

-WoW should have died with WotLK.

-WoD was actually a good twinking expansion.

-NA benefited a lot more from EU players than they're willing to admit.

-A lot of people have a growing addiction to the game because of attachment to their characters and not whether the game is good or not.

-The so-called WoW killer might be so late that it arrives when most of us will have stepped down from games anyways.

-People who dive into games (not only WoW) to such an extreme amount that they are nearly neglecting every other aspect of life have actual issues.

-WoW esports is a joke in the game's current state, and MMORPG's in general doesn't really have a place in esports for a myriad of reasons.

-Most friends you make in WoW are friends by interest, meaning the moment either of you don't have that interest anymore, you will drift apart even though you have every tool known to man to keep the friendship going. The friendship was just that it was all about WoW (This doesn't apply to everyone, and I have personally met a few cool people).
Alot of big true here tbh

Every post i like, in Sketchbag Land, it's opposite day. I'm really disliking your post...

#KILLEMWITHKINDESS

69-696482_bullet-holes-png-hd-bullet-hole-vector-png.png

Blizzard should remove the XP Eliminator NPCs

Good GOD yes!

MMORPG's in general doesn't really have a place in esports for a myriad of reasons.

My other favorite from this thread. Thank you.

I'll throw in my spicy:
  • Twinking attitudes reflect how players manage the privilege in their lives.

I'll throw in my spicy:
  • Twinking attitudes reflect how players manage the privilege in their lives.

That reeeaaally depends. There's a lot of psychology that goes into people's attitudes online. One major factor is "anonymity" and generally feeling safe and out of reach no matter what actions you make.

It's generally also how you'll see a huge difference between people who are used to major cities vs people who live in smaller, more secluded communities (suburb neighborhoods and whatnot) where a kind of "everyone knows everyone" atmosphere exists.

People in major cities tend to have a more selfish, cold and less caring attitude than the the other party I mentioned, simply because they are one of a fuckton of people, whereas in the other case you're one of a sub-hundred group maybe.

It's a huge research topic, and one of my favorite experiments from it was the bystander effect. How likely is a supposedly "urban anonymous" person to help you if you collapse on the street for instance; versus the same incident occurring in a smaller community?

However, that rant aside, you luckily have the choice to surround yourself with the people you want in the game, and the ignore functionality is also there, so thank fuck.

wow has plenty esport potential, you just have to throw out all the rpg components of it ('gearing', et cetera) and then actually balance it for pvp instead of pve

wow has plenty esport potential, you just have to throw out all the rpg components of it ('gearing', et cetera) and then actually balance it for pvp instead of pve

Sure, strip the core parts of the MMORPG, remove the PvE etc. but that kinda beats the whole purpose of it being a MMORPG in the first place.

There is no way you weren't super sarcastic in all this, but yeah.

I think the big factor in WoW not really taking off as an esport is that end game pvp has a lot of complexity and blizzard doesnt have people who are good at breaking that down for casual viewers. When every class has like 20 different abilities with various nuances of use and you gotta try to communicate that on 1.5 second GCDs... its very difficult for people who arent already super into arenas to follow.

My spicy take here (though perhaps not for this audience) is that RBGs are a better choice for esports because CTF and King Of The Hill maps are pretty easy to follow and commentate without having to try and parse each players individual ability usage like they try and do in 3s.

pizza didn't get enough credit for how good he was at leading before legion when he cared about the game

gsc were/are overrated with the worst leaders ive probably ever seen in the bracket

EU players have been better than US players when we compare like for like - best vs best in basically every expac and its not even close

legion 19s wasn't as bad as everyone says

every single NA 19 gossips about each other like school girls but act friendly to each others face which makes any1 who doesn't do this and is more direct with people get considered as 'toxic' when they're just as toxic as anyone else but just more open about their opinions

lild used to be the most entertaining person on this website

prob more but just first ones i thought of, agree with majority of bestworlds also

All twinking content related shit is trash.
pizza didn't get enough credit for how good he was at leading before legion when he cared about the game

gsc were/are overrated with the worst leaders ive probably ever seen in the bracket

EU players have been better than US players when we compare like for like - best vs best in basically every expac and its not even close

legion 19s wasn't as bad as everyone says

every single NA 19 gossips about each other like school girls but act friendly to each others face which makes any1 who doesn't do this and is more direct with people get considered as 'toxic' when they're just as toxic as anyone else but just more open about their opinions

lild used to be the most entertaining person on this website

prob more but just first ones i thought of, agree with majority of bestworlds also

Lild was the best d

Another few

-Like IRL, corruption and lobyism exists within twinking as well (there have been a few scandals).

-A lot of hated players are not necessarily bad players, and not everyone gives their top performance in every PuG they play.

-A lot of the "considered good healers" got way too comfortable with the whole "everyone has to play safe, and everything needs to be easy to heal" mentality. God forbid if they actually had to play the game. And this is strictly in a competitive setting. In PuGs, everyone fucks about to one extent or another.

-No one knows the bench better than rogue OTP's.

-FC'ing is the absolute easiest thing in terms of basics, probably the hardest to master.

-Mvq was an FC prodigy that got nurtured in a wrong way (can't wait to hear opinions on this one).

-Dave is probably the most underrated player, all things considered. He can fly below or above the radar whenever he chooses, but kid's just too humble.

-The EU scene would have been banging today if the smaller up-and-coming players and guilds didn't quit as easily/early as they did in Legion. There were some pretty good prospects that could definitely have made things interesting given the appropriate amount of time and practice. Primarily Vinna's guild and a few players from Verum's squad as well as a few lone-wolf players.

-Region and personal pride coming between what could have essentially been "true cross region gameplay", where both regions would play on each others regions respectively in what could be a cycle of never ending PuGs, premades and more was the stupidest thing ever, on both sides. It was never a question about the fucking sub or availabilty/time for that handful of degenerates (truth), who went to bed 10AM local time anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread