[Horde] mage pre looms bis

madhombre

Legend
Hey, could someone link me armorys to pre boa bis mages?
A stamina and a dps one, thanks!

Unfortunately, I don't have a link of a mage that is BiS pre BoA for you. However, I will be mentioning the gear you will want to acquire for your mage. Hopefully this will be of use for you.

Stamina set:

(Various options depending if you want to go for maximum stamina or a softer stamina build with a little extra intellect included)

Head: LFH
Neck: Thick Bronze Necklace
Shoulder: Magician's Mantle
Cloak: Tumultous Cloak of Stamina
Chest: Mystic's Robe
Bracers: Ivycloth bracelets of Stamina
Hands: Serpent Gloves
Belt: Enumerated Wrap of Stamina
Legs: Silk-Threaded Trousers
Feet (2 options): Corpse Rompers (prefered) or Ivycloth Boots of Stamina
Ring: Seal of Argas
Ring 2: Garrosh Pardon
Trinket: Rune of Perfection
Trinket 2: Insignia of the Horde
Weapon (2 otions): Gift of the Enigmatic Tree (prefered) or Dawnblade / Old Crafty/Ironjaw

DPS set:

(Various options depending if you want to build towards full int, crit or haste)

Head: Lucky Fishing Hat
Neck: Brilliant Necklace
Shoulder (2 options): Feline Mantle (prefered) or Slime-Encrusted Pads
Cloak (2 options): Ivycloth Cloak of intellect (prefered) or Tumultous Cloak of the Sorcerer
Chest: Noble's Robe
Bracers: Ivycloth Bracelets of Intellect
Hands: Serpent Gloves
Belt (2 options): Girdle of Nobility (prefered) or Keller's Girdle
Legs: Silk-Threaded Trousers
Feet: Corpse Rompers
Ring: Seal of Argas
Ring 2: Garrosh Pardon
Trinket: Rune of perfection
Trinket 2: Insignia of the Horde
Weapon: Gift of the Enigmatic Tree

Other gearpieces to take into consideration in case you would like to tweak the balance between survivability and damage a little:

Mindtrust Bracers
Enumerated Wrap of the Sun
Battle Healer's Cloak
Ghamoo-Ra's Bind
Robe of Kelris

Now, it's possible I forgot to mention some parts (note that I decided not to include some parts, since they simply do not have the stats necessary for being best in slot in my opinion). Feel free to correct me if this is the case.

Good luck and have fun gearing your mage.

Trickynick

Last edited by a moderator:
thank you :)

edit: my mage is undead so i gonna use 2 trinkets, rune + int/haste/agm for different situations, not sure if i should stack haste/crit or full spellpower for arcane tho

edit: my mage is undead so i gonna use 2 trinkets, rune + int/haste/agm for different situations, not sure if i should stack haste/crit or full spellpower for arcane tho

It will be SP. It's spellpower for Frost and you have even less of a chance to get a shatter crit as arcane so I can't see it changing. But don't go crazy with it, things like Keller's Girdle are actually less DPS then Girdle of Nobility. You can check the sig, the set is mathematically quite good. Obv things like Ivycloth Bracers will net more DPS but I found this to be an execellent dps to stamina tradeoff. But how much stamina you need will vary by player so tweek as needed. Battle Healer's Vs Tum are almost exactly the same I've found. Obv get MTB when you can.

For a max stamina set you'd go Grand Staff.

For Pre BoA stack stamina and get your BoA staff asap.

Assuming you wont go with Insignia, as you mentioned, you'll obviously wanna run with AGM (If we're still talking pre BoA). I'd suggest using Discerning Eye of the Beast for your DPS set when you decide to go for a heirloom trinket.

As for what to build towards I'd say full spellpower as arcane, but this is entirely up to you of course. If you have the patience for it, you might want to consider getting the complete versions of the different DPS sets and try out for yourself what you prefer and not. You might have use of them in different situations as well. As for myself, I mostly use max SP over max crit, and max crit over max haste. It's a question of preference I suppose. :)

Users who are viewing this thread